Crazy drug laws

Khan

The following is not ment to undermine the post of Killinator. Just to show the other side of it.

Late this afternoom I went home by train. It was a 3,5 hour trip so just before I left I bought a copy of this months WIRED maganzine and after bording the train I confescated a firts class coupe for the rest of my journey.

In that magazine was the following article.

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/10.09/professorx_pr.html

As I was reading it and looking out of the window occasionally I strated thinking about this topic.

It was the expression "it isnt' the drug, the drug is just an cataliser for the body" that started my thinking.

People have been using drugs for ages. Kings in old times used to chew on some green leaves that where more then just oak leaves.

The British imported tea that had more in it then just tea leaves. It was when a bounch of rich kind started getting happy from drinking it and buying it for that purose the demanded the leaves to be taken out.

Drugs can make you happy in the right dosis. And I don't think than the reason "your body get's adicted to it" on it's own is enought to bann a thing.

At that time the scenery was passing by my window, and the cataliser aspect came back. If the drugs are really just a cataliser, they are not the dangerous things. We are.

And then they become the same as all other things. It just happends that you need a small amount of a drug to get happy.

Banning drugs would be the a extent of banning tea or coffee. And why shouldn't chocolate be compared to drugs ?

When you eat 10 bares of Cote D'or you technically are in the same extase as when you'r having sex. That reminds me. Living in Holland, a lot of people are addicted to sex.

You'r hart start's pumping blood lot faster, you'r going to buy things easier when it's introduced by "Kelly Bundy".

No need to take in any drug. You'r body starts to get in this form of extasy all by itself. Not the same as drugs. But the effects of it can be.

At that point my ticked had been checked, I passed 83 cows, 12 dears and some sheep. Not to forget 4 stations and another 1,5 hour on to go.

Remembering an offer from a guy 3 days prior to take some cocaine with me. Now why should I want that ?

But at his point, if it's just a catalisor, why shouldn't I ?

As a vegetarian I use a lot of products probably non of you use. Weird plants that are supposed to be healty for you. Vitamines that help your body.

Not to forget the amount of teanagers in the US and Japan who are using pregnenolone.

Now where to draw the line. Addiction goes further then just cocaine, K3, or LSD.

My brainstorm ended in something like, "why should a relativly small group of poeple who are not strong enough themselfs to manage there own lifes and addiction make it nessecary to enforce rules that limit al of us ?"

And now you'r all thinking "that spoiled ritch kid is thinking he owns the world, but he's the only one who probably get away with it just because he has money".

But the thing that got my adrinaline pomping last day, was the russ to the bus. The last one of the day. If I missed it I had to take a 40 Euro cab ride home. Now should those things be banned just because some one else could die by it in some way. Or got in great financial troubles.

Now I'm strating to wonder if it's time to stop writing collums for the school's paper. But I hope my idea got to you.

It's not the drugs that are bad. They could be used just to make you happy for real. If you just do it in a controled way. And that is what is missing. We simply can't controle ourselfs.

True, things get popular often when forbidden. Still, I too have had personal experiences with drug problems. Most of my dad's side of the family has been in jail for drug abuse or dealing drugs. So a negative point there.

Second negative point, smoking. I have an uncle on my mom's side of the family who chain smokes. And almost everyone on my dad's side of the family smokes, except him. (He's the goody goody of his family, he's never been arrested or anything like that.)

Third negative point, alchoholism. Do I know what that can do to a person? Yes, I've watched friends, underage, nearly kill themselves with alchohol poisoning. I have watched friends die in drunk driving accidents. There is a grassy area around the bus loop at school, it has the memorial plaques and trees put in the ground to remember students who died before they graduated. One died of violence, the other seven were drunk and got killed in accident. Eight total.

As for my other personal experience with how alchohol ruins lives, my Uncle Robert died when I was four, because of how he ruined his liver with his heavy drinking.

No this is not a post to ask for sympathy, far from it. This is a post to show I can understand what these things do to lives, even if I want them legalized. I know certain restrictions would be made and enforced, but that is another arguement indeed.

gryphon there is the natural high, something you get from winning a sports game or joking around with friends and then there is the high you get from drugs. Most drugs have been banned because they are bad for you some more then others. People are always going to do drugs, making more of them legal just makes it easier for people to find them who wouldn't normally be able to. I don't see your argument about since you get a high from natural things its just as bad as the high from doing drugs?

I could care less if people get high BUT if doing drugs starts to impact my life then I care and guess what doing drugs makes a big impact on not only your own life but your friends and the people around you. There are limits to freedoms people have and I don't think being able to do drugs is one of those.

I agree. Slightly hoped that the informall way of writing the previous post would indicate it wasn't a compleatly build theory. Didn't work though.

"making more of them legal just makes it easier for people to find them who wouldn't normally be able to."

Making then compleatly legal is not wat I would like to see happening either.

Just make them legal in a controled way. Doctor's monitoring, specific dosis I don't care as long as it is controled in a way. And I know this is more difficult then just banning them. But where's the fun in politics when you never even ones have to try to acomplish the impossible. :)

[ mayby just like a beautyfarms we can have drugsfarms :- ]

"There are limits to freedoms people have and I don't think being able to do drugs is one of those."

I'm not for total freedom at that point. Easier to say, I'm against compleat illigalisation of it.

We, you, I, who ever should be able to try drugs if he would desire. But not free as he desires.

Does that explain my position a bit more ?

[edit]

"Most drugs have been banned because they are bad for you some more then others."

Drugs may be bad for your body. But if someone would want to use them with that knowledge [ in a controled way ] I can't say they can't. It's there life and if they want to die "before there time" that's there desission to make.

[ Your first centance also pointed out that this would apply when the use of drug starts influancing you, so it's not a comment. Just a extra explenation of mine in wich I could use that sentence. ]

Ditto to Acriku about killinator...

Glad too hear you got back on your feet. I don't know what everybody told you, but I was never told that pot was specifically bad or potentially lethal. I was told the truth about brain endorphins, addictive effects and how it's statistically proven to screw up people's lives, and all of that was in agreement with what I'd seen with my own eyes. I was always told that pot was a gateway drug, as it was in your life. There was a whole world of a terrible, pathetic life waiting for you and pot opened the door for you (no offense, it just did).

Ditto to Gob about gryphon...

You should read my post about endorphins, gryphon. As I said earlier, the natural "high" brought on by your normal emotional activity is harmless and it's the way the human brain was meant to work. That "rush" you got from racing to the bus probably came from two things:

1) The actual exercise of running there. Exercise that you enjoy has been scientifically proven to reduce stress and release endorphins.

2) The feeling of success when you got there. Possibly knowing that you had just barely made it in time, maybe thinking of all the money you'd saved from not taking a cab, looking forward to what you were going to do when you got home, etc.

If, however, you had taken up that man on his cocaine offer, your brain would have been overwhelmed with more than 3000 times the amount of endorphins than that "rush for the bus". After being pummelled with endorphins from drugs, the ones released naturally from everyday activities will seem insignificant, as will the events of your life. Just as killinator said, life after drugs sucks. It's chemically impossible to enjoy a normal life as much as you did (or would have done) before you started using drugs. Over time your brain will start to feel the effects of natural endorphins more and more, but it'll never be the same again.

Ditto to Acriku about killinator...

Glad too hear you got back on your feet. I don't know what everybody told you, but I was never told that pot was specifically bad or potentially lethal. I was told the truth about brain endorphins, addictive effects and how it's statistically proven to screw up people's lives, and all of that was in agreement with what I'd seen with my own eyes. I was always told that pot was a gateway drug, as it was in your life. There was a whole world of a terrible, pathetic life waiting for you and pot opened the door for you (no offense, it just did).

Ditto to Gob about gryphon...

You should read my post about endorphins, gryphon. As I said earlier, the natural "high" brought on by your normal emotional activity is harmless and it's the way the human brain was meant to work. That "rush" you got from racing to the bus probably came from two things:

1) The actual exercise of running there. Exercise that you enjoy has been scientifically proven to reduce stress and release endorphins.

2) The feeling of success when you got there. Possibly knowing that you had just barely made it in time, maybe thinking of all the money you'd saved from not taking a cab, looking forward to what you were going to do when you got home, etc.

If, however, you had taken up that man on his cocaine offer, your brain would have been overwhelmed with more than 3000 times the amount of endorphins than that "rush for the bus". After being pummelled with endorphins from drugs, the ones released naturally from everyday activities will seem insignificant, as will the events of your life. Just as killinator said, life after drugs sucks. It's chemically impossible to enjoy a normal life as much as you did (or would have done) before you started using drugs. Over time your brain will start to feel the effects of natural endorphins more and more, but it'll never be the same again.

that is not true IMO. my step dad. took massive amounts of drugs in his teenage years. and he is one of the smartest people i know.

he told me once that

"Me and a freind sat down and smoked a pound of marjiauna like someone would drink a 30 pack of beer."

he is perfectly fine now. mentaly he is not slow or anything like that. he still enjoys the rushes of making it the bus. as you would say.

it didnt effect him.didnt frell up his life. hows that for you?

I agree, just wanted to explain it could also be possible to use drugs, to live in a higer state of exitement without the negative consequences.

And that durgs only get bad when you use to much. But the really downside is that even the smallest amount is "to much" with most drugs.

[ Ex, that last comment. I'm not saying that when you're using any form of drugs your mental or physical health will go down. ]

Ex, your personal experience is speculated. If you havn't already seen I'm quite a logical person and don't bother to look at "personal experience" twice. Your story doesn't even begin to compare against dozens of scientific studies covering tens of thousands of people. Obviously you don't know the meaning of hyperbole...your step dad was obviously exaggerating. He would have been out of it and on the floor well before he'd smoked even half a pound. People always exaggerate these things in an attempt to brag about how hardcore they are ie "Yeah I knocked back two dozen cold ones and didn't even throw up" when in fact they had a six pack at most...after 24 beers the alcholol poisioning would be so severe they'd need to go to the hospital.

Besides, for all you know if your stepdad hadn't done drugs he would be even happier and more energetic than he is today.

Ex, your personal experience is speculated. If you havn't already seen I'm quite a logical person and don't bother to look at "personal experience" twice. Your story doesn't even begin to compare against dozens of scientific studies covering tens of thousands of people. Obviously you don't know the meaning of hyperbole...your step dad was obviously exaggerating. He would have been out of it and on the floor well before he'd smoked even half a pound. People always exaggerate these things in an attempt to brag about how hardcore they are ie "Yeah I knocked back two dozen cold ones and didn't even throw up" when in fact they had a six pack at most...after 24 beers the alcholol poisioning would be so severe they'd need to go to the hospital.

Besides, for all you know if your stepdad hadn't done drugs he would be even happier and more energetic than he is today.

ACE, the alcohol story isn't true the way you tell it (or depends on who you are refering to). My brohther could drink a crate of beer (24 bottles of Heineken) and still drive his car (I've whitnessed it). He was stopped by the police and when they took a test on him to see if he had been drinken, they gave him clean (several times). The most I've seen him drink was 3 crates of beer (and he still wasn't drunk). Now don't assume he accmplished what he did just from one day to another. It takes time, but your body will get used to alcohol. (you start with a couple on an evening, and increase from there).

If you're tory would be for someone who started drinking his first alcohol, you're absolutely right. But if it applies to someone who's alredy been drinking (heavely) fro several years, your story doesn't hold up.

Btw, it's not something that someone has in his genes from one of his parents.. I got busted drinking and driving after one beer :- Since then I never drink and drive anymore ;)

ACE, the alcohol story isn't true the way you tell it (or depends on who you are refering to). My brohther could drink a crate of beer (24 bottles of Heineken) and still drive his car (I've whitnessed it). He was stopped by the police and when they took a test on him to see if he had been drinken, they gave him clean (several times). The most I've seen him drink was 3 crates of beer (and he still wasn't drunk). Now don't assume he accmplished what he did just from one day to another. It takes time, but your body will get used to alcohol. (you start with a couple on an evening, and increase from there).

If you're tory would be for someone who started drinking his first alcohol, you're absolutely right. But if it applies to someone who's alredy been drinking (heavely) fro several years, your story doesn't hold up.

Btw, it's not something that someone has in his genes from one of his parents.. I got busted drinking and driving after one beer :- Since then I never drink and drive anymore ;)

There's no way someone could down 72 bottles of beer lol. Someone was pulling your leg nyar. Even if the alcohol didn't make him drunk, nobody could possibly drink that much liquid without their stomach rupturing. Even to just drink 24 bottles is pushing it (but still possible if the guy is really fat or something) 24 bottles of beer is over 8 litres of liquid, which is over 7kg...I don't think anyone can drink an amount of liquid that could increase their weight by 7kg lol. Never mind 72 bottles, which would be 18kg (approx)

It is possible to consume that amount of alchohol without getting drunk.

Some practiced drinkers can handel amounts that would kill avegedge or non-drinkers.

If seen people drinking Rum or Vodka like there is no tomorrow.

You'd be supprised about the amount some people can consume.

It is possible to consume that amount of alchohol without getting drunk.

Some practiced drinkers can handel amounts that would kill avegedge or non-drinkers.

If seen people drinking Rum or Vodka like there is no tomorrow.

You'd be supprised about the amount some people can consume.

I'm not talking about the alcohol. I'm talking about drinking that much liquid, it's impossible. Unless you somehow think your stomach can hold 18L of liquid, lol.

You wouldn't even survive untill 18 litres. Some people handle alcohol better then others, true, but the only way I see how you could consume large quantities of alcohol (and I mean huge) is drinking it before the alcohol takes effect and you pass out. But when it takes effect, you are likely to vomit, or in the bad case, die because of alcohol poisoning.

How large is your brother, Nyar? (I mean, is he skinny or chubby?)

Volume matters when the effects of alcohol are concerned.

Moreover, the time required to imbibe large quantities of alcohol means that a drinker will have neutralised some before he is finished.

Else... the effluent from such a drinker must have been close to consant.

There's no way someone could down 72 bottles of beer lol. Someone was pulling your leg nyar. Even if the alcohol didn't make him drunk, nobody could possibly drink that much liquid without their stomach rupturing. Even to just drink 24 bottles is pushing it (but still possible if the guy is really fat or something) 24 bottles of beer is over 8 litres of liquid, which is over 7kg...I don't think anyone can drink an amount of liquid that could increase their weight by 7kg lol. Never mind 72 bottles, which would be 18kg (approx)

Razerox, I was watching him doing it (this was the last time I saw him and when I tried to get through his thick skull that he needed to quit drinking and doing drugs).. To clear it up, I didn't mean he was drinking that in just over 4 hours :)

My brother is just a big, ugly (and used to be fat) pain in the ass.. (I guess that answers your question Nema ?

I heard stories that he's not drinking anymore, don't know if it's true though..

Ok i believe that someone can drink 72 beers because I've been to enough parties and been around enough drinking to know its possible. Now, I dont think its possible within 4 hours unless

a) he pissed 30-40 times.

b)wieghed at about 600-800 pounds.

c) ate a WHOLE bunch b4 drinking.

i mean i still dont think its possible, it must have been atleast 8 hours if not the whole day. I know you say you *SAW* him, but there is no way. Especially if he doesnt have something special about him allowing him to drink a whole bunch.

But hey you saw and i didnt i might be talking out of my ass :)

Anyways About pot you can smoke almost as much of it as you want and be able to function. If you smoke a 20 sack( approx. 2 grams,20 dollars) to yourself you will get real stoned,but be able to play basketball or drive a car fine. If you smoke a quarter oz.(approx 8 grams,8 bucks0 to yourself you will STILL be able to drive fine.

Now... if you smoke 4 oz(almost a thousands bucks, not sure about grams) then you will start to have affects on your motor skills and thinking. Your brain will slow down its thinking speed and it will be hard to pay attention or control yourself 100%. And if you smoke a pound well it'll be just twice as bad as smoking 4-8 ounces. You wonjt be able to drive very well unless youre very focused and you will have an extremely hard time focusing on anything unless it catches your interest.

But who the fuck has enough money to smoke a pound or even an ounce everyday?? I sure as hell dont and im sure most of you dont either.

And smoking pot doesnt affect you when you arent smoking it or after you've quit, it just deosn't. you may want some(because you like it and it takes the edge off) but you dont NEED some.

infact when you stop smoking pot you get a rush of energy it seems like instead of not having as much fun as if you had never started. you feel really energetic and its similar to that of exercise. I know from personal expierience and my friends.

The only problem I've had with the side effects of smoking reefer is the fact that you get unmotivated,but once you get past that stage and get started its all fine again. then again some ppl dont have that problem...

but anyways pot is not a hazard,there is nothing wrong with it that affects out society as a whole. If pot was to be legalized, and made available throughout the public to smoke whenever they feel that would be a problem.

I think if bud was to be legalized it should only be available within your home. people who smoked then could grow it themselves and keep it to themselves in the privacy of their own home.

If someone makes the decision to smoke a pound a day, and get retarded from over-smoking dope, then that is their own fault. It's the same decision they would make when going to highschool... dropout.Either way they dont help they economy but atleast they have the right to do what they want,especially in the USA where our main pride is freedom.

"If someone makes the decision to smoke a pound a day, and get retarded from over-smoking dope, then that is their own fault. It's the same decision they would make when going to highschool... dropout."

you have to reamber this was during the 1970s pot was alot cheeper back then that it is now.

In America, freedom is given to you, but with constraints. Like if what you are doing affects national security or disrupts the economy in a bad way then hell no you can't do it. There are always exceptions though...And Elite, doctors have actually studied marijuana and it doesn't do enough damage to notice it at all if you smoke a little (i.e. in medicinal doses), but if you keep on smoking it in larger doses it starts to affect you. But not many people have that amount of control to where they can regulate how much they smoke and when.

You're wrong. you can regulate how much pot you smoke and when you smoke it. It's damn expensive so I don't go spend 20 dollars and blow it. I take a bong hit when i am at home, doing nothing important and i feel like sitting back.

It's the same with everyone else. Some people who are constantly depressed or in pain might run to marijuana every 20 minutes but in most cases that doesn't apply.

I'm not just saying this from my own expieience with pot but i live in a small town where i have about 5 weed dealers (THAT I KNOW OF, AND AM ABLE TO BUY POT FROM) within 10 miles from my school or my house. It's not as small as you're probably thinking but it is by no means close to seattle(which is about 40 miles away).

The point is, 9/10 people smoke pot because they WANT to smoke pot.

Elite, if it's legalized we won't know how much it will be, and a lot of people speculate it will be cheap, while a lot speculate it will be expensive. If is cheap, then it's harder to regulate it. I am talking about when it becomes legalized, not now :)