Dune 2000 1.06p - Game patching (bug fixes, new features)

FunkyFr3sh

Updated the MissionLauncher.zip:

It is now shipped with the following campaigns:

Ixian Campaign - We tech-up Arrakis! by [aKa]FedaYkin and Galaxy

Mercenary Campaign - Keep 'em Coming! by [aKa]FedaYkin

Rise Of The Mercenaries

Survival Mode

The original campaigns are still supported too, you can play each of the campaigns without moving files around

Mission Launcher was updated, it can now read a different text.uib for each campaign, that makes porting old campaigns easier

A new custom interface has been added for the Rise Of The Mercenaries campaign, you can view it via the "-Rise" command line parameter or use the .bat file

Multi language is now fully supported too

If someone likes to add his own campaign too then go ahead, I will put them into the package so everyone can play your campaign :D

• Upvote 2

Nice progress here! :)

I think you should better get rid of the horrible Windoze title bar for a more Dune2k styled experience. Added that the maximize button is disabled so displaying it serves no purpose.

(Going fullscreen, might be a nice option too.)

We are playing a game after all. ;-)

How can i add Turkish language to CnCNet?

Someone was working on a turkish language add on some time ago, not sure if it is done, try to search the forums to find it. I could also add it to the package if the creator gives the permission

Nice progress here! :)

I think you should better get rid of the horrible Windoze title bar for a more Dune2k styled experience. Added that the maximize button is disabled so displaying it serves no purpose.

(Going fullscreen, might be a nice option too.)

We are playing a game after all. ;-)

Someone else was telling me the same the other day, I put it on the to-do list

• Upvote 1

Hey funky, could the briefing window be a bit bigger? Because when I get a slightly longer briefing for a mission, this happens :D I even cropped out a part to make it fit lol

54j12q.jpg

In some missions, I really need a longer briefing to be able to explain the story in detail for the player. Without videos like westwood did, I gotta do it all with briefing :D

Someone was working on a turkish language add on some time ago, not sure if it is done, try to search the forums to find it. I could also add it to the package if the creator gives the permission

Yeah, it is quite sad that Mustafa didn't get a chance to finished it but hope someone (like Kumul) will take Mustafa's work and complete it at 100% if he can do it.

I made it, but couldn't complete. It was completed like %60. I'm no longer working on it.

Thanks for all your hard work on that one. : ) kudos to you

I made it, but couldn't complete. It was completed like %60. I'm no longer working on it.

ah, too bad

Hey funky, could the briefing window be a bit bigger? Because when I get a slightly longer briefing for a mission, this happens :D I even cropped out a part to make it fit lol

54j12q.jpg

In some missions, I really need a longer briefing to be able to explain the story in detail for the player. Without videos like westwood did, I gotta do it all with briefing :D

I could make the text size smaller when a certain amount of lines was reached or could add a scrollbar.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Looking for some testers for window mode, please post your testing results and windows version in here:

http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/d2k/dune2000-window.zip

One .exe locks your cursor into the window so you can scroll with your mouse properly, the one one doesn't lock it and you need to scroll with the keyboard

Yes i know, the window frame looks a bit glitched :D But at least you can move the window around and also resize it

Edit:

you can unlock the cursor with ALT+F12 (or just use the windows button/alt tab)

Make sure the game resolution is lower than your windows resolution, else it will fail

• Upvote 2

Win 7 Prof. 64bit gives for both exe's the error:

Rectangle provided was invalid. [ gGameTicks = 0 ]

That was for your high res version.

On original game (folder) it works. 8)

Game starts in not perfect window size. The game looks squished.

Edited by D2k Sardaukar

Thanks for testing, I just had the same problem :D It seems like it happens when your resolution is too high and there is no more space for the window frame. E.g. your native res is 1920x1080 and your try to run the game in window mode 1920x1080

Made a new package, this one loads the settings now from dune2000.ini - http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/d2k/dune2000-window2.zip

[Options]
RunInWindow=Yes
RunInWindow.ClipCursor=Yes
RunInWindow.ModalStyle=No
RunInWindow.Width=900
RunInWindow.Height=700

-

RunInWindow -> enable window mode

ClipCursor -> locks the cursor so it cannot go outside the window

ModalStyle -> disables the window frame (you can use it to go into a fake full screen mode with stretching)

Width -> width of the window, allows stretching small resolutions

Height -> height of the window, allows stretching small resolutions

• Upvote 2

It seems to work here. Nice work!

With ModalStyle turned on and using native resolution (1920x1080) I'm not able to go to desktop or alt+tab. With smaller resolution the game kinda also gets stuck on top of everything (can't alt+tab and minimize etc.).

Can the DxWnd image at the start be removed? Perhaps mentioning the hooker in the config tool will be enough?

Perhaps as tooltip for ClipCursor tell the user that when it's turned off you can't pan around with the mouse. This should standard be turned on.

When running in window mode all the Aero Windows fancy stuff is disabled.

I also get "stats.dmp", is that also new function you are working on? I know Dune 2000 code did have something like that, you managed to enable it?

Yea it is always on top, I tried to fix that already but looks like I cannot get rid of it :( At least the minimize button works and it goes to the task bar.

I don't think that can be removed, but these guys did a good job with their tool so I have no problem is they like to their logo on the start :D If everything works fine then i might just to a new window mode without using their .dll, just wanted to see how well it runs with the .dll and it was pretty easy to add.

ClipCursor must be on by default, it is pretty pointless to play when it is turned off :D But for testing it is awesome to turn it off, I always need to leave the window quick and do something in ollydbg so I really needed that option to disable it!

stats.dmp contains the game results, it is used for the cncnet skirmish/online score screen and was added mainly for the upcoming dune2000 ladder. It might work for single player too with some tweaks, would be cool to have it working for the mission launcher at some point