Dune 2000 1.06p - Game patching (bug fixes, new features)

FunkyFr3sh

• 2 weeks later...

Could you add to the config tool more information? For example tooltip/hover-info what "Fake V-Sync", "No Video Memory" or "Video Backbuffer" etc does? Is there also a very tiny change that you will change the font? :)

Please also accept this modest gift as a token of my appreciation for your hard work:

Example image:

post-2251-0-98850900-1414877732_thumb.pn

A new icon for the config tool:  Dune2000Config.ico

Do you recognize it?

Could you add to the config tool more information? For example tooltip/hover-info what "Fake V-Sync", "No Video Memory" or "Video Backbuffer" etc does? Is there also a very tiny change that you will change the font? :)

Please also accept this modest gift as a token of my appreciation for your hard work:

Example image:

attachicon.gificon.png

A new icon for the config tool:  attachicon.gifDune2000Config.ico

Do you recognize it?

More info here http://bitpatch.com/ddwrapper.html

• 3 months later...

Update:

Fixed the problem where the game runs at super fast speed on the highest speed settings. All linux/Mac users had this problem but it also happens in virtual machines and sometimes on a normal windows setup too

This bug also caused the game to lag badly in online games, I hope that problem is now gone too (will update CnCNet with the fix soon)

m'kay I tried for about one or two thousand years (approx.) to try to run this game in german language with high res.

Now what do I need here ? Installed german version, patched german Patch 1.06. Now use your .exe ? Can I use the config tool with the original german v1.06 exe? I extracted the language addon correctly and added Language=Ger under the last line below the [Options] lines.

Game starts with small video in the upper left corner (High Res. Patch obviously working) but menu ist only sound, black screen. Fiddleing with the video-settings in the config-tool I get some blurred shit instead of a menu in the upper left corner of my 27"-screen about the size of half a finger.

Using Win 7 x64 and a Geforce 780

All you need is an original install, make sure you do not apply the other high res patch or else it will totally fail. Apply the german 1.06 patch, then download my dune2000.exe and dune2000config.exe from the first thread and place it inside of you game folder. Now just start dune2000config.exe to change your resolution and afterwards use my dune2000.exe to start the game.

You don't need the language addon since you already have the german version of the game installed

About that bug with the menu not showing up, does that only happen with the patch? Does your original vanilla game work fine?

If you still cannot get it to work, i zipped up the full patch for you, this .zip contains everything you need. It works on a clean install from a cd, there is no need to apply the 1.06 patch or anything else either, just extract this to your folder and then change the language to Ger since this patch will default to english:

http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/d2k/dune2k_106p_full_patch.zip

Update:

Dune2000Config got a new icon - thanks to D2k Sardaukar

Dune2000Config Shows now tooltips when you hover over the settings

DisableMaxWindowedMode option added (this solves performance issues on windows8 and newer systems, turning this off can solve the flickering on certain systems)

DisableHighDpiScaling (can solve problems where menus are drawing out of the screen and things look zoomed in)

Language can now be changed via Dune2000config.exe

• Upvote 2

All you need is an original install, make sure you do not apply the other high res patch or else it will totally fail. Apply the german 1.06 patch, then download my dune2000.exe and dune2000config.exe from the first thread and place it inside of you game folder. Now just start dune2000config.exe to change your resolution and afterwards use my dune2000.exe to start the game.

You don't need the language addon since you already have the german version of the game installed

I have not original Dune 2000 but Gruntmod Edition.

It was interesting for me to try Russian version. Later I tried every languages. :)

There are no some captions from "Gruntmod Edition" in original Dune. For example, "Select mission". So, when I overwrite files, these captions disappear.

Tell me if you please. How to return menu from Gruntmod Edition?  Can I write it manually? Is this text somewhere in .UIB files?

Oh right, there are some new strings that did not exist in the original versions and those should be blank now, we need to copy the english ones over or even better -> translate the new ones.

You can get back to the original string table via dune2000.iini, Language=

(remove the "rus")

If you like to translate the new strings from english to russian then you gotta open text.uib to find them, then copy them over to textRus.uib

• Upvote 2

If you like to translate the new strings from english to russian then you gotta open text.uib to find them, then copy them over to textRus.uib

I am afraid, this is not easy. I found now that UI Table Editor cannot read Russian characters from textRus.uib. It needs another font with Cyrillic characters. But I cannot change font in UI Table Editor.

I try to open table with German text. I suppose it looks correct: "Beschütze den Außenposten bei Habbanya (...)".

You can get back to the original string table via dune2000.iini, Language=

(remove the "rus")

Yes! It works! Thank you.

I tried just to choose "eng" and even to copy text.uib from Gruntmods Edition. But this is not the same. Additional buttons stayed blank, without text.

Now it works. In English.

Ok here is the list, we need this translated to German/French/Spanish/Russian

Only the words after the = need to be translated (e.g. HarkonnenTestMission=HerpDerp)

[uib]
AMission4V2=Not Used
StartSelectedGame=Select Mission
DebugHouse=Switch House
SmugglerDebug=Smuggler
DebugMenu=Debug
RiseOfMercBrief=Good afternoon commander. Your reputation has brought you here to this god forsaken wasteland. The other houses fight like fools over what little supplies are scattered across this vast desert. They take us as simple hired guns, naively assuming we have no agenda other than doing their bidding. Little do they know we have an agenda of our own. Soon you will march on the sand, leading our troops toward the great riches we can only dream of.
TitleSelectMission=Select a mission to start the game
TitleMerc=Mercenaries
m1v1menub=Mission 1
m2v1menub=Mission 2
m3v1menub=Coming Soon
m1v1brief=Greetings commander. We have finally gained permission to set our boots on the ground of the planet. We do so under the guise of assisting the Ordos in clearing the region of the Harkonnen and their imperial allies. We will supply you with a small base to train an attack force, but the bulk of your mercenary force will be trained and delivered from off planet. Once the false mission is complete, we will begin capturing additional territories. Our spies indicate the possibility that the Ordos suspect we have alterior motives. Should the Ordos clue in on our plan, they will turn on us. ¼¼Objective: Eliminate all hostile units. That is all.
Survival=Survival Mode
Difficulty=Select Difficulty
TitleMercenary=Mercenaries
SurvivalMap1=Map 1
SurvivalWaveMsg=Get ready! The next wave starts now!
SurvivalStartMsg=Try to survive. You have 30 minutes to prepare for the 1st wave of troops.
SmugglerStrikeTeam=Smuggler strike team inbound!
SurvivalBrief=Your house is defeated, and you are being forced off of the planet. As your numerous enemies viciously attack your remaining forces, you hold a desperate last stand at your house headquarters. Death is inevitable. but you'll be damned if you don't stand with your men until the end.
StealthField=Stealth field detected!
music_MekanikzTweek=Mekanikz Tweek
music_HouseCorrino=House Corrino
music_BennGess2=New Beginning
music_Misuse=Misuse Of Force
OrdosMerc=The Ordos have discovered our intent, they must be eradicated.
m2v1brief=Your attack on the Ordos proved effective, they were overwhelmed by your tactics and were forced to regroup. Unfortunately, we have attracted unwanted attention from the other major houses, who are now assaulting our headquarters on Arrakis. Defend the headquarters at all costs! Should our defence fail, we face extinction. For now the Atredies seem to be the only House approaching, but numerous other Houses are sure to join them. Our Heavy Factory houses our spies, without it we will be blind to enemy troop movements. Ensure it remains secure to guarantee victory.   ¼¼Objective: Defend the base at all costs. Defeat is not an option.
m2v1camp=Enemy camp detected to the southwest.
m2v1factory=The Heavy Factory has been lost! The enemy has the element of surprise!
m2v1ordos=The Ordos have regrouped and are approaching our borders.
m2v1hark=The Harkonnen are approaching from the north.
m2v1emperor=Our duplicitous Emperor is preparing his attack.
m2v1deathhand=Radiation levels have spiked. Possible Death Hand Missile launch.
m2v1atredies=Atredies Leader: Now you will feel the might of house Atredies.
m2v1devastator=Enemy Devestator tanks are inbound.
m2v1_41min=Massive enemy attack imminent.
m3v1brief=placeholder

HarkonnenTestMission=Not Used
OrdosTestMission=Not Used
AMission5V2=Not Used
AMission7V2=Not Used
AMission8V2=Not Used
HMission4V2=Not Used
HMission5V2=Not Used
HMission7V2=Not Used
HMission8V2=Not Used
OMission4V2=OD4 v2
OMission5V2=Not Used
OMission7V2=Not Used
OMission8V2=Not Used

here is the tool i made to merge an .ini file with an .uib file:

http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/d2k/IniToUib.zip

• Upvote 1

Thank you, FunkyFr3sh.

It works, only with Latin (not Russian) characters still. At least it is possible now to read something on the additional buttons. For example, English text. Buttons are not empty now.

-------

I found strange and not comfortable way to write in Russian via "UI Table Editor".  :)

As I told the Editor shows Russian characters in wrong encoding. Because font, used in the Editor, has no Cyrillic characters. But it has German specific characters, for example.

I run Notepad++ and found that "UI Table Editor" use encoding West Europian ISO-8859-1.

If to open TextRus.uib then we can see Russian encoding for Windows.  Windows-1251.

So I write, for example, "Select mission" in Russian (in Windows-1251). This is "Выбрать миссию".

I write it in new text file in Notepad++, not in TextRus.uib file.

Then I change encoding to West Europian ISO-8859-1 in Notepad++. And I get something unreadable "Âûáðàòü ìèññèþ".

Then I copy this abracadabra to  "UI Table Editor".

And I get normal text in Dune 2000 !  :)

Strange that Windows-1251 encoding is losing when it translates your IniToUib.ini -> TextRus.uib -> menu of Dune 2000. 

Excuse me, I don't understand why do I can't simply write text in .ini file? Lost in translation  :)

And it will be perfect to make possibility to change font or maybe encoding in "UI Table Editor". I understand that author of this editor not you,  FunkyFr3sh...

Yes, it works!  :)  Thank you very much.

I will translate in Russian at least main menu and most used items. Maybe later I'll translate all items of ini file.

Unfortunately I cannot help with German/French/Spanish languages. But I hope, here are users, who understand these languages good.

Here is first result. Most used items are translated. 

Other items are not empty at least.

[uib]
HarkonnenTestMission=Не использ.
OrdosTestMission=Не использ.
AMission5V2=Не использ.
AMission7V2=Не использ.
AMission8V2=Не использ.
HMission4V2=Не использ.
HMission5V2=Не использ.
HMission7V2=Не использ.
HMission8V2=Не использ.
OMission4V2=OD4 v2
OMission5V2=Не использ.
OMission7V2=Не использ.
OMission8V2=Не использ.
AMission4V2=Не использ.
StartSelectedGame=Выбрать миссию
DebugHouse=Изменить Дом
SmugglerDebug=Smuggler
DebugMenu=Debug
RiseOfMercBrief=Good afternoon commander. Your reputation has brought you here to this god forsaken wasteland. The other houses fight like fools over what little supplies are scattered across this vast desert. They take us as simple hired guns, naively assuming we have no agenda other than doing their bidding. Little do they know we have an agenda of our own. Soon you will march on the sand, leading our troops toward the great riches we can only dream of.
TitleSelectMission=Select a mission to start the game
TitleMerc=Mercenaries
m1v1menub=Mission 1
m2v1menub=Mission 2
m3v1menub=Coming Soon
m1v1brief=Greetings commander. We have finally gained permission to set our boots on the ground of the planet. We do so under the guise of assisting the Ordos in clearing the region of the Harkonnen and their imperial allies. We will supply you with a small base to train an attack force, but the bulk of your mercenary force will be trained and delivered from off planet. Once the false mission is complete, we will begin capturing additional territories. Our spies indicate the possibility that the Ordos suspect we have alterior motives. Should the Ordos clue in on our plan, they will turn on us. ??Objective: Eliminate all hostile units. That is all.
Survival=На выживание
Difficulty=Уровень сложности
TitleMercenary=Mercenaries
SurvivalMap1=Map 1
SurvivalWaveMsg=Get ready! The next wave starts now!
SurvivalStartMsg=Try to survive. You have 30 minutes to prepare for the 1st wave of troops.
SmugglerStrikeTeam=Smuggler strike team inbound!
SurvivalBrief=Your house is defeated, and you are being forced off of the planet. As your numerous enemies viciously attack your remaining forces, you hold a desperate last stand at your house headquarters. Death is inevitable. but you'll be damned if you don't stand with your men until the end.
StealthField=Stealth field detected!
music_MekanikzTweek=Mekanikz Tweek
music_HouseCorrino=House Corrino
music_BennGess2=New Beginning
music_Misuse=Misuse Of Force
OrdosMerc=The Ordos have discovered our intent, they must be eradicated.
m2v1brief=Your attack on the Ordos proved effective, they were overwhelmed by your tactics and were forced to regroup. Unfortunately, we have attracted unwanted attention from the other major houses, who are now assaulting our headquarters on Arrakis. Defend the headquarters at all costs! Should our defence fail, we face extinction. For now the Atredies seem to be the only House approaching, but numerous other Houses are sure to join them. Our Heavy Factory houses our spies, without it we will be blind to enemy troop movements. Ensure it remains secure to guarantee victory. ??Objective: Defend the base at all costs. Defeat is not an option.
m2v1camp=Enemy camp detected to the southwest.
m2v1factory=The Heavy Factory has been lost! The enemy has the element of surprise!
m2v1ordos=The Ordos have regrouped and are approaching our borders.
m2v1hark=The Harkonnen are approaching from the north.
m2v1emperor=Our duplicitous Emperor is preparing his attack.
m2v1deathhand=Radiation levels have spiked. Possible Death Hand Missile launch.
m2v1atredies=Atredies Leader: Now you will feel the might of house Atredies.
m2v1devastator=Enemy Devestator tanks are inbound.
m2v1_41min=Massive enemy attack imminent.
m3v1brief=placeholder