Dune 2000 1.06p - Game patching (bug fixes, new features)

FunkyFr3sh

Several questions here.

-First. I have a .ini with

500=enemy unit aproaching

in the mission editor I create the event "Message", but instead "500" I write "550". What will happen?

The game then will be use the line 550 for the text.uib by default?

- How about if I create a .ini, and write a message which number share the airstrike-saboteur-fremen-death hand ready. What will happen in this case? 

- last one.

Where I must copy the mario.aud? The "Super mario" message appears, but I have no music at all.

when you choose id 550 then the game will look into the .ini file (if there is one) and if there is a 550= text then it will use it. If there is no 550= then it will check text.uib for 550 instead

Everything written in the .ini file will override text.uib

copy the .aud into your music folder

when you choose id 550 then the game will look into the .ini file (if there is one) and if there is a 550= text then it will use it. If there is no 550= then it will check text.uib for 550 instead

Everything written in the .ini file will override text.uib

copy the .aud into your music folder

Oh, I was copying in the wrong folder, meh, now it works. Thanks.

I centered all menus including backgrounds on any resolution (also the campaign select and score screen)

testers needed: http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/d2k/dune2000-test.exe

Let me know if I forgot something

Edit:

Just noticed the videos are getting stretching to full screen in a weird way when DxWnd is enabled, that is pretty cool, need to find out what happens there and take advantage of it. Can anyone else confirm this video stretching bug?

• Upvote 1

Nice :D You can also remove the "Name=", it will then use the name from the section [prueba1] automatically :D

-

done some updates again, fixed the bug where the game was crashing if the map was smaller than your resolution. There are a few graphical glitches on the right side just like the cnc games have too with their high res patch because the game is not redrawing this area. Will fix that problems later, here is how it looks:

http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/pictures/dune2000-small-map-bug.png

test file:

http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/d2k/dune2000-test.exe

• Upvote 1

Ok, so I have been working a bit on mission settings part in my editor and I'm adding support for D2k patch and Mission launcher features (basically everything what's stored in map's ini file).
I'd like to be in sync with FunkyFr3sh's development, so I'll present how the mission settings window looks like now and ask what else is (or will possibly be) supported by game/launcher.

3NOi4Rlm.png

And this is how the ini file looks like:

[Basic]Name=Crate Wars On ArrakisAuthor=DatoSideId=1MissionNumber=5Briefing=This is my briefing.;Collect as many crates as possible!;And don't get killed by enemy![Settings]Music=Music.aud[Vars]harvestUnloadDelay=150harvestBlobValue=1000harvestLoadSpiceDelay=60starportUpdateDelay=1500starportStockIncreaseDelay=1500starportStockIncreaseProb=10starportCostVariationPercent=25starportFrigateDelay=1500refineryExplosionOffsetX=62refineryExplosionOffsetY=-79HarvesterDriveDistance=64RepairDriveDistance=64BuildingRepairValue=12UnitRepairValue=8SinglePlayerDelay=2NumberOfFremen=2SandWormAppetite=3SandWormInitialSleep=50SandWormFedSleep=40SandWormShotSleep=90NumberOfCrates=1CratesPerPlayer=NoDevastatorExplodeDelay=100IgnoreDistance=2CrateCash=1000ShowWarnings=YesDeathHandAccuracy=3InfiniteSpice=No[Text]596=No more text.uib, yay!597=Some other string

So, it would be probably good if Mission launcher could read map's ini file for map name, author, briefing etc. Or alternatively, make some tool which would process all ini files in Missions folder and fill MissionLauncher.ini from them.

What about other settings and rules? Is there anything to be added?

• Upvote 2

sounds like a good idea, I will change it tomorrow so the mission launcher will read all settings from map .ini files instead.

There are some more settings under the [settings] sections, but all of those are only for multi player. I guess you only want to add single player settings to your editor? Might be the best if i move "Music=" from [settings] to [basic] and then rename [settings] to [MultiPlayer] to separate the multi player exclusive stuff properly. I will then continue to add all new features to the [Vars] section in the future (except they are excluse for multi player)

Ok, sounds good.

Actually I thought that all what was in [basic] would be ignored by game (and utilized by Mission Launcher) and what was in [settings] would be used by the game. I was thinking whether to place SideId and MissionNumber into [basic] or [settings], but Mission launcher would place them into spawn.ini anyway.

Hey funky how about a concrete option? When we choose ON , the concrete will show in the constuction bar and it will be used as we know before and when it will be OFF then it will not appear in the construction bar and if it is possible that all structures to have 100% life. I think its a good idea.

Yes sounds good, I will look into it

I would like to see one rule for Dune 2: the production speed decrease the more damaged the building is.

a 50% health factory builds a tank much slower than a 100%, and a 50% refinery collect the money at half speed than a full health one.

But I guess this is impossible :P.

I would like to see one rule for Dune 2: the production speed decrease the more damaged the building is.

a 50% health factory builds a tank much slower than a 100%, and a 50% refinery collect the money at half speed than a full health one.

But I guess this is impossible :P.

Might be possible xD

-

Some updates:

Dune2000.exe:

All menus are now centered

Small maps are not crashing the game anymore

[settings] section in map .ini files was renamed to [MultiPlayer]

Music= key was moved from [settings] to [basic] sections in map .ini files

Random starting locations will not mix up with pre set starting locations anymore (CnCNet Online games)

MissionLauncher.exe:

MissionLauncher.ini was removed and the launcher is does now search the mission folder for .ini files instead

Line breaks in briefing files are now _ instead of ;

Dune2000Config.exe:

Added a bit more space for the DxWnd settings

Comic Sans font was removed

High res background download was removed since it is not needed anymore

• Upvote 2

Might be possible xD

-

Some updates:

Dune2000.exe:

All menus are not centered

Small maps are not crashing the game anymore

[settings] section in map .ini files was renamed to [MultiPlayer]

Music= key was moved from [settings] to [basic] sections in map .ini files

Random starting locations will not mix up with pre set starting locations anymore (CnCNet Online games)

MissionLauncher.exe:

MissionLauncher.ini was removed and the launcher is does now search the mission folder for .ini files instead

Line breaks in briefing files are now _ instead of ;

Dune2000Config.exe:

Added a bit more space for the DxWnd settings

Comic Sans font was removed

High res background download was removed since it is not needed anymore

You mean they are now in the centre! :) Very nice work! Also on the too small map fix.

Good call on the comic sans, hehe. :P

You 'own' Dune 2000 now, don't ya?!

Might be possible xD

Wow. I remember how someone make a mod for Dune 2 to make the buildings drop their health if you didn't build concretes, like Dune 2000. And maybe now you make the buildings go slower if their health is not a 100%, like Dune 2. This is awesome.

I just did a quick look to this. If I'm not wrong now if I want to share my new "Ordos Campaign", I'm just need to upload "OrdosX.map" "OrdosX.mis" and "OrdosX.ini", and all of those files goes to the same folder, being more easy to copy-paste them.

You mean they are now in the centre! :) Very nice work! Also on the too small map fix.

Good call on the comic sans, hehe. :P

You 'own' Dune 2000 now, don't ya?!

Arrakis is mine!

Wow. I remember how someone make a mod for Dune 2 to make the buildings drop their health if you didn't build concretes, like Dune 2000. And maybe now you make the buildings go slower if their health is not a 100%, like Dune 2. This is awesome.

I just did a quick look to this. If I'm not wrong now if I want to share my new "Ordos Campaign", I'm just need to upload "OrdosX.map" "OrdosX.mis" and "OrdosX.ini", and all of those files goes to the same folder, being more easy to copy-paste them.

yes, you just share the 3 files with others and they will be able to play it in the Mission Launcher!

-

Another update:

Dune2000.exe does now play videos in fullscreen with the high res patch enabled! The game will try to set the lowest possible video mode supported while playing the videos to get them as big as possible! When DxWnd GDI Mode is enabled the videos will not be stretched but centered instead

• Upvote 2

Hey funky, would it be possible to have modded units only in one map like in RA? By .ini files or dunno. Or at least, if not possible, have an entry in mission's ini file CustomBins= where you can specify the modded .bins and the mission launcher would temporarily set them when the mission gets launched, something like what happens with cncnet when it disables engi and turrets.

• Upvote 1

1. Thats a good thing funky, but I dont see any "DxWnd GDI Mode" in settings or it will be after the update?

2. And what CM_STORM said its an good idea but if you think to add this , add it as an option in the menu(lobby) couse you know, we need to keep the same gameplay.

3. In my mind all  those new improvements were/are and would be good, I mean this mods(disable turret, engineer, concrete, cm_storm idea etc) but I like/would like if they are added as an option not as an obligation, I think you know what I mean.

Yes, it will be optional cause in some maps you don't want to have such changes. I already looked up the concrete building damage and found it, but I would also like to remove the concrete from the building menu when this option is enabled since it becomes useless, still need to look out for this

Hey funky, would it be possible to have modded units only in one map like in RA? By .ini files or dunno. Or at least, if not possible, have an entry in mission's ini file CustomBins= where you can specify the modded .bins and the mission launcher would temporarily set them when the mission gets launched, something like what happens with cncnet when it disables engi and turrets.

I will add that later, currenty only vars.bin is in the rules.ini/map .ini, other files will be added one by one

• Upvote 1