Dune 2000 1.06p - Game patching (bug fixes, new features)

FunkyFr3sh

Ok, actually you can use 25 bytes and I personally think it's enough for a file name.

I just tried the modified events and only Set Cash worked for me. When I tried to use Leave or Play Sound it did not do anything (but the game did not end up with error). I didn't test Play Music yet.

Maybe you should test them in a testing map if you didn't do it already. For event type 3 (Leave) you actually can set Player in the editor, but for PlaySound you probably must hex-edit .mis file. I tried it with A1V1.

Yes it was broken, it was only loading it from map .ini files but not from rules.ini :D I updated dune2000.exe and it works now

Yes, it works! Thank you.

I am afraid, I did not notice messages about map .ini in the forum. Can I write separate rules for maps in these ini files? How?

For example, I want infinite spice in  and normal spice in the rest.

Must I write in rules.ini

InfiniteSpice=No

and in map .ini

InfiniteSpice=Yes ??

How to call map file? mapA6V1.ini?

Must it be in the same folder as A6V1.MAP?

try to delete dune2000.ini to reset all settings, then start it with the default settings (do not open the config program)

If you like to change settings afterwards then make sure you got the latest dune2000config too

Yee, that didn't work xD

Someone of you guys already knew the MissionDebugMode? Here is what it does:

1. It adds 2 buttons to the mission select screen - Prev and Next

2. It adds a New Missions button to the main menu which opens the mission select debug menu

3. It adds 2 new hotkeys "W" for Win and "L" for lose

4. It replaced the Multiplayer button with a Practice button in the main menu

This is very interesting! Is there any simple way to run it? If this is not secret.

I would like try to test it.

Ok, actually you can use 25 bytes and I personally think it's enough for a file name.

I just tried the modified events and only Set Cash worked for me. When I tried to use Leave or Play Sound it did not do anything (but the game did not end up with error). I didn't test Play Music yet.

Maybe you should test them in a testing map if you didn't do it already. For event type 3 (Leave) you actually can set Player in the editor, but for PlaySound you probably must hex-edit .mis file. I tried it with A1V1.

http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/d2k/dune2000-test.exe

Removed MySideID checks for music and using event.units now

Yes, it works! Thank you.

I am afraid, I did not notice messages about map .ini in the forum. Can I write separate rules for maps in these ini files? How?

For example, I want infinite spice in  and normal spice in the rest.

Must I write in rules.ini

InfiniteSpice=No

and in map .ini

InfiniteSpice=Yes ??

How to call map file? mapA6V1.ini?

Must it be in the same folder as A6V1.MAP?

yes, same name as the .map file, just .ini at the end. And same folder, yes

Yee, that didn't work xD

Did your game work before with 640x400? try to raise your resolution and see if it works then

This is very interesting! Is there any simple way to run it? If this is not secret.

I would like try to test it.

This won't do anything, there is no more code for it :)

-

Had to update again, playmusic was using id 20, not 21 since there is a dummy event at 20 http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/d2k/dune2000-test.exe

yes, same name as the .map file, just .ini at the end. And same folder, yes

Thanks. I wrote first wrong name: mapA6V1.ini. I thought that "map .ini" in in the messages above is something like mask - map*.ini :)

So it must be A6V1.ini.

After that, I found, it needs text [Vars] in beginning of the file map .ini. I did not write it. So minimal text in A6V1.ini must be:

[Vars]

InfiniteSpice=Yes

And now it works.

This won't do anything, there is no more code for it

It's a pity

Had to update again, playmusic was using id 20, not 21 since there is a dummy event at 20 http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/d2k/dune2000-test.exe

Wow, now it really works!

Blowing up big bases is really fun.

And Play Sound seems to be actually useful. I discovered several unused sounds and announcements, but did not try all of them.

Here is some small example what can be done with the new events. Just start the map, don't do anything (don't scroll map) and listen.

test.zip

• Upvote 1

Yes, it looks like this, the black portion being proportionated by the resolution vo787d.png

With the latest link you gave me though, there was no 'black' screen, however i couldnt see my mouse through the whole desktop until i would alt+tab. The same message appears.

Forgot to mention that the files you gave me have around 1.8kb and the exe I have is only 89 xD

well, that could explain it :D rename my dune2000.exe to dune2000.dat, then start the game via your tiny 89 .exe

Windows treats files different when the names differ, so you have been using dune2000.dat before which was started via the tiny launcher .exe

another test would be to rename my dune2000.exe to dune2000-test.exe and then start i

I can start it from both of them this way, it displays rev 9 and rev 28 and it works with both names. I don't know what is the difference of having this launcher though?

EDIT: Now I see there was this dune-spawn application that is rev 28... Why are there all these names and what is the point of having the tiny one and all of them after all?

I think the main problem was that you might have a compat mode set on dune2000.exe, e.g. "Windows XP Mode", so my patch didnt know you were on windows 8 and it failed to apply the right tweaks. When you remove the compat modes and delete dune2000.ini to reset all settings then it might just work fine!

the original game used dune2000.dat (that is the actual game) and another file names dune2000.exe which was just used as a launcher, it got some weird useless stuff in it too.

I wanted to get rid of these two files and jsut make it one -> dune2000.exe (just a renamed dune2000.dat)

dune2000-spawn.exe is for cncnet skirmish/lan/online games, this file has automatic updates via cncnet. I needed to use a different name for all cncnet files cause I didnt wanted to change peoples singleplayer installation and keep all cncnet stuff separately (dune2000-spawn.exe, _spawn.mis, rules-spawn.ini)