how to make good use of the deviator

Guest Ordos_Yogurt

Guest Ordos_Yogurt

turned into another black hole? Well lets move back a bit. What would happen on the Guild ship? all crew and the ship will be taken over, and forced to create more of the termiinator 2.

yah .......dat would wrk...nothing wouldd happen and then we launch it into the sun...theres no way it would be able to leave the gravitational pull.and guys stop talking about gibberish....remeber wut happened to the board (to this person named MR. loki) ????

Well we all know the reason why Yogurt. You know, the gas only affects mechanical equipment, not organisms, or structures.

Hm, I think this is one thing they messed up. In the cutscene before the Ordos heighliner mission, deviator gas is explicitly defined as an anti-personnel agent ("those who breathe it are driven into a killing rage..."), yet in the rest of the game, it only affects vehicles. Which, one would think, have some sort of NBC/environmental protection as standard.

• 3 months later...
Guest batlscout

You guys are all nerds why do i care about some robot and how to kill it... it fiction!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean i came here to find strategys for emperor not how to kill that dude from terminator. pul-eeeeze

• 2 weeks later...

:-X  ok i type up all the walkthroughs and into my website but somehow i accidently send it to westwood but at least i got a backup ;D so if u want to see it its up somewhere cause i just read ur idiot replies and they were funny but not too much u guys should get a life and focus on the game strategies ??? besides the best way to use a deviator is to kill of the players buildings wit ur tanks but leave 1 building there then use the deviator on ur opponents tanks harvesters and then destroyed the building but  the units u  use wit the deviator is now under ur pernament  control at least try to take out the buildings and keep the harvesters alive then use the deviator.i did that and my enemy thought he was gonna get his units back but he didnt do he lost haha ;D :-[ ??? :( :D >:( ??? :o

Other than the painful absence of punctuation, I hasten to point out to you that the strategies you have mentioned are already in Fed2k. If you wish to have a go at us or make judgements, consider the whole story, and also please make your observations in intelligible English.

b funny if u culd capture buildings with the deviator, imagine the other player panicing trying 2 tell all of his units 2 stop shootin his con yard!

units do not automatically attack an enemy structure. only units. things that move (other than turrets).

that is true units dont shoot agains buildings only shoot against other units and defense buildings

and the deviator is nice trhe way he is ::) ::)

if you used him correct you can be disrupted the forces of your enemy

but a deviator turret was nice  ::) ::)

• 1 month later...

Deviators are the ultimate bane to strong armour units (especially the Devastator and the Minotaurus) in base defence if you send a decoy in first.

I was once playing against an atreides player whose base had only 1 entrance (cliffs all round). He had Minos and a Sonic Tank as his entrance defence supported with 2 rocket turrets (the rest were further back). I sent a single laser tank to distract the Minos. Then the Deviator comes in and targets the Sonic Tank. The victim then destroys all the Minos before being destroyed by a near by rocket turret.

Deviators can also silently steal enemy harvesters. I don't think you get the 'Harversters under attack' warning when they get deviated. Leaving a few around an undefended spice field in use can truly damage enemy income. The alternative is to use advanced carryalls to pick them up and run away with them (not to your units to attack else that will give it away).