Chani or Irulan?

Alexander_Ordos

I'd chose Chani over Irulan, since Chani was a skilled fighter, and wasn't twisted by the Bene Gesserit ways. Irulan is flawed in her Bene Gesserit training, and Paul married her for the wrong reason. Chani was his real concubine, even though Irulan held the title of 'wife' to Paul Atreides. The only reason Paul married her was to gain the throne through House Corrino, and later after the marriage, Irulan plotted against Paul with that facedancer Scytale. Paul never gave her any warmth, and when he died, it was only then that Irulan realized how much she loved him.  ::) Chani was Paul's 'Sihaya' (the desert oasis/spring) as well. Irulan was nothing to Paul. ;D

I'm currently on 'Children of Dune'. ;D

Paul had both love and power. He loved Chani but Irulan was his right to sit upon the Golden Lion throne. Remember the Emperor was behind the plot to kill his father and destroy House Atreides, what better way to exact his revenge, strip the Emperor of this throne after beating him in battle and then marry his daughter (political marriage) but deny the Emperor's bloodline an heir to the throne.  

Irulan WASN'T just powerfull and wealthy she was smart, BG, wrote books about Paul, loved Paul etc. When Paul ignored her all the time Irulan began to hate him ( every woman would do so ;)) so she began ploting against him... And Chani - she was but a good wife and lover :-/

Irulan rulezzz  :-*

Chani or Irulan?

And not when the guy can see into the future either.

Paul looking into the nexus "This is where she will put the knife in my back."

Alexander Ordos [i know you do not care about the storyline so I am directing this toward Acriku.]