Battlefield 2

Acriku

come on... play BF2 ... all the cool people are doing it.

Hey, so I'm finally cool! 8)

I'm really looking forward to a good Fed2K team someday. I'll be on tomorrow, but give me some time to figure all the EST thing out (I don't know what EST is supposed to mean, or it's difference with GST +8.00, which I have here). But yeah, this is Singapore, only about 2 or 3 servers have a ping of about 100, the rest stay at 200+, and the loading time is about 20 seconds for me (usually less, 20 seconds is the max), but VERIFYING CLIENT DATA is the part that takes forever, sometimes 20 seconds too, sometimes just 10 seconds, sometimes a minute. And so I enter the game with the ticket ratios and spawn points all haywire because the game started like a minute ago :'(

I don't know if I can play with you guys since I'm in Singapore and the ping will be astronomical. I'm using xFire (hey erjin, it's friggin' great stuff!) with nickname rotlung (who the hell took gunner154?), so add me or something and we'll see :)

Oh, and you can practise flying by creating a Local server. You'll be the only one in there, and the game is pretty stable.

My demo has crashed several times, but for the actual game only Special Forces has crashed once.. and that's about it.

And from what I know you cannot join regular BF2 games if you're playing Special Forces. You have to load the regular Battlefield 2 mod first. And each faction in SF2 has its own weapons (I think?) like the flashbangs, ziplines and stuff, but I think most can be unlocked on regular BF2 I think, is it? I got Special Forces 2 but haven't tried it online because I couldn't find a happy server. Fortunately there is ONE Singaporean server for BF2 which is full most of the time, but I get >50 ping when I play on it ;D

And from what I know you cannot join regular BF2 games if you're playing Special Forces.

Well that only applies to the SF maps. Have to have SF to play the new maps and new houses it has.

The weapons from SF you can use to play reg. BF2. But once you have the exp. you will have a red 2 and a green 2 in the server lists, and either one I can go into and load up and play.

hey hey!

I got a question...

I was about to get promoted and now when I`m looking at the rank list ,it say that I`m 1% on my way to the promotion I should have had. :O

anyone can explaining that?

And by the way, Are there any way to track "YOU" down by enter your nick somewhere in the online board?

Cybo

hey hey!

I got a question...

I was about to get promoted and now when I`m looking at the rank list ,it say that I`m 1% on my way to the promotion I should have had. :O

anyone can explaining that?

And by the way, Are there any way to track "YOU" down by enter your nick somewhere in the online board?

Cybo

When you are actually promoted you will get a screen in game like this one...

screen026.png

When that happens, close out BF2 then restart the game up log in and you should see a promotion screen with unlocks(if it's time for you to get one), etc.

As for tracking a buddy down, Xfire is good for that, or teamspeak.

I doubt that. I am shure the server tells your computer game that you have recieved a promotion. That infos on the server, otherwise clever types would exploit the fact its on your computer and try to get free promos...

Also, yeah, xFire is cool. Launching into a game server a friend is playing on with just one click, hehe. Also, typing to each other when necessary in game is cool.

By the way, have you guys disabled the movies ? Do a search in the game folder for *.bik and rename:

Dice.bik

EA.bik

Legal.bik

intro.bik

And get faster load times.

I found a patch for blood and gore, but I havent tried it yet. Not shure if I will...

I've disabled the movies already.

With Xfire, it seems I can't join someone who is in a game when I am already in-game, like I'm playing halfway and I want to join my friend, I can't seem to do so. Is there a method that I am unaware of, or do I need to:

1.) Check the ip using Xfire?

2.) Quit game and then use Xfire to join the game?

Yeah, I have that issue also, but it should never arrise.

Either you or someone else is always on first, so they should be joined by others on the server the first player is on.

It is only likely to happen when you need to change servers, at which point you would need to enter IP manually...

I've disabled the movies already.

With Xfire, it seems I can't join someone who is in a game when I am already in-game, like I'm playing halfway and I want to join my friend, I can't seem to do so. Is there a method that I am unaware of, or do I need to:

1.) Check the ip using Xfire?

2.) Quit game and then use Xfire to join the game?

Battlefield is case sensitive, so when you run it from xfire make sure you put in the exact same name and password in as you would in battlefield.

_since i got dsl so i have trying some games demo... am not here to preview games or rate them

but i wanna say long live emp...this game that some peapol had bad comment on it.. that it because

they dont know rts... this 6 yo game still own and dominate.. i am talking because i tryed

a brand new rts game called act of war.. that had 100 times the publicty emp had..

u wanna know my reaction??? i was laughing at my self and achemd because i posted befor and i said

emp is old and dead...i just relised the value of  emp... i tryed many times to look for EA selles department.. i wanted to ask them why?? why u killed dune!!!!

_with a recomendation  from a freind  and a person who i learned from his school a lot in emp.

i tryed moh demo olso.. i cant tell who is better  bf2 or others because i did avtuly buy anygame yet.... but  i think the usage of old ww2 weapons can be realy boarring  speacialy those big hardware  machine guns were the magazine is big enough to bloack u from aiming.. at the contrery i was having the best time testing some of the new and real  weapons  that we see on tv  like the missle lunchers and usa navy tanks,,,, olso i had best time driving those small buggy  cars  they are realy a ruch...ww2!!! i dont think so mate.. 8)

Rename the four I mentioned. Safest way and most sensible, you dont need that few hundred megs it gives you do you ? :P

Rename with the special extension ".999" ;) think fo me when you play :) (and I dont mean the bad guys you shoot and shout "TAKE THAT ERJIN999, YOU MOFO !!!").

after i saw the pilot vedio  that scar posted with those acropatic guys flying the jets

i see that air is owning in bf2.. i mean why to learn haw to  fight on the ground and waste

ure time while that guy who can fly upside down  under that low bridge can scan the map

in few secounds and clear the way for few troups to put a flag. and please dont tell me to get an f16 and go up to fight someone like that

no way any of us can hit his jet years from now...

what i want to ask is :  is there wayes to shoot jets from the ground later in game when u unloak

weapons?? like stingers or sam or patriot for ex??because in real life u can actuly shoot jests

from the ground with lots of stuff... the way i see it in the demo nothing can even make u see

the jet flying above.. and there is a bit unbalance here like i said because if u master the top gun art  there is no way to kill you!!! so no reason peapol should master driving a tank!!

or even infentry war coz its usless.

is there wayes to shoot jets from the ground later in game when u unlock

weapons??

Not with any unlocked weapon, planes can only be shot down with a stinger, patriot turret, AA tank or plane. Maybe with a chopper or tank mounted gun if you are lucky   :P

because in real life u can actuly shoot jests

from the ground with lots of stuff... the way i see it in the demo nothing can even make u see

the jet flying above.. and there is a bit unbalance here like i said because if u master the top gun art  there is no way to kill you!!! so no reason peapol should master driving a tank!!

or even infentry war coz its usless.

Well, Not all maps have jets. And yes there are AA turrets all around the big maps with jets. Just because you can fly a jet good doesen't make you the ultimate warrior, or guarantee you to win. Trust me, there is a counter measure for each and every air-craft,or vehicle.

Well, are there any automatic homing weapons? Is the stinger one?

I've been able to use some sort of missile launcher fixed on the ground.. no idea what it is. It missed most of the time, but I managed to take out a couple of AI choppers it. Real satisfying, since I get owned by air most of the time :-

Well, are there any automatic homing weapons? Is the stinger one?

I've been able to use some sort of missile launcher fixed on the ground.. no idea what it is. It missed most of the time, but I managed to take out a couple of AI choppers it. Real satisfying, since I get owned by air most of the time :-

yes there is the stinger single shot launcher and the AA two shot flak gun... both are homing and both do a good job of owning aircraft that come too close.

Ah, that's good. So I should stick around those spots in future...

I would be upgrading my RAM pretty soon, but the graphics card will be a problem. Hopefully I'll be fit enough to actually shoot someone (rather than relying on artillery for my kills).

Somehow, I'm always dying too often. Well, yeah that's because I suck at the game. But more often than not, I find myself running around, sometimes with my squad leader and healing him occasionally, and all of a sudden someone hit me with something and I died instantly, without knowing how the hell I died, which I why I always top my team in terms of death count, and often with zero kills (and yet a score for healing and reviving ;)) Looks like I have to stop playing this game Counterstrike-style.

Well, that only helps if you have AA vehicles or a stinger or something nearby and someone is using it.

The AT kit's rockets are grossly difficult to control after they fire - slight manipulation only. And the aircraft are always moving, so I keep missing. Does rifle fire actually help?

I've brought down several heles with the Scar-l, it took alot of rounds to do but it worked on the hovering ones, so does the nade-launcher. One well placed nade from launcher (F2000gl) into a fully loaded blackhawk hovering over a base is awesome.