Battlefield 2

Acriku

I don't know how the grenade launcher is supposed to work, or rather, how does the crosshair work?

And is it true that if you toss a hand grenade by holding the right-mouse button and you hold it for a longer period of time, you'll throw farther? It seemed no different to me from using the left-mouse button.

I don't know how the grenade launcher is supposed to work, or rather, how does the crosshair work?

And is it true that if you toss a hand grenade by holding the right-mouse button and you hold it for a longer period of time, you'll throw farther? It seemed no different to me from using the left-mouse button.

The nade launcher is basically just aim n shoot, the further away the target the higher you aim. Although some servers hate it and put in thier rules not to use it,(which is retarded since it's not accurate at all and does take some aiming skills), if it's included in my kit I use it. Same for claymores. But instead on placing claymores just on top of ladders now, I use them on city maps alot when I play sniper. Like if I'm being chased, run around a corner drop a claymore keep running...boom guy runs into it. The bad thing about them is it causes alot of acc. teamkills, then some doof chooses to punish you because they didnt pay attention to your placement of them.

And yea, thats true about throwing  grenades further.

looks like i am having a lot of (there is a problem with your connetion) messages..

i tested my connection speed at http://www.dslreports.com/stest?loc=97

resolts are

_236k d

_ 64k u

which is normal.

could it someone eals lagging but we would all getting those messages anyway?

somthing eals i dont know haw to configer my sound for best preformance.. because i have the sound card in my mother board.. what settings should i apply...? thank you

If it says you, I think it means you, not a general message others will see. I have had that message when I am playing on American servers, and I can feel the lag, then get kicked...

So it probably is you. Just find a server with a better ping. If you can, of course, no garuantee you will..

Sounds good. Do those packs rely in any way on SF2 ? And how many people will get them, is it like SF2 where you can only play with others with the packs...? I suppose its only the maps that require every player to have their own copy of the exansion pack.

hey,what about port forwarding... i read at portforward.com that battle field have about 10 ports to be forwarded. to say the truth i tryed them all and it worked fine at the start but then

my ruters screwed up and my connection died all day untill i deleted them all and reset my ruter.

i dunno maybe it wasnt them because my connection is not stable i guess because am still using usb port and my lan card is not installed yet. :P

Spicy, like Erjin said earlier I think that only really benifited you and your settings. I don't run any routers or firewalls when i'm playin so i'm fine as far as that goes.

Sounds good. Do those packs rely in any way on SF2 ? And how many people will get them, is it like SF2 where you can only play with others with the packs...? I suppose its only the maps that require every player to have their own copy of the exansion pack.

WEll, SF is pretty much a game by itself and the booster packs are made for the original BF2 vanilla version as a patch fix I think.

It shows the blue "2" on the website so I would think it's gonna be like SF where there will be that icon in the server list and you have to have it as well to play with others. But I don't believe you have to have SF at all to play and/or install it.

Hey are there anyone who knows how to get a joystick to work with BF2 ?

As if there are any boxes to be ticked in options ? I can`t find any.

My software for joystick ( Logitec freedom 2.4 cordless)don`t find BF2 or BF vietnam But find Emperor :O hehe

Cybo

Thanks for the info scar, clears it up for me.

Spicy, I dont use port forwarding at all on my router, funny enough I dont think it uses UPnP either. I guess my router knows its making an outbound connection and allows it in.

As for joysticks, well, I cant imagine playing BF2 with a joystick, except for the plane, which probabyl would be better with a joystick. But walking around, ducking, jumping, shooting...isnt that easier with a mouse/KB combo ?

I havent ever owned a joystick for about 15 years, so couldnt tell you how to use one  with BF2 :(