Battlefield 2

Acriku

Sigh, I'm still using the demo. Doubt I can afford the time to play once school reopens in the new year.

If only I had tried the demo much earlier! :-

And it's not likely I'll use a headset to play either. I'll start behaving like a freak in front of my computer if I go shouting like hell to get over and help raise the flag or something. But the built-in voice commands are great and easy to use too.

Oh well. Even if I do get the game, I wouldn't be getting the exp anytime soon - too much cost.

And somehow the demo doesn't have a chatroom function or something. No way a non-demo can play with a demo? :-

Edit: Oh, and I was playing 64 players (almost) on Gulf of Oman (I think it was the 32-player version, since the demo only comes with 16 and 32 player versions of Gulf of Oman), and those blasted MECs kept on using artillery and air strikes. I was running around reviving fallen team-mates, and had like 30+ deaths in like half an hour. So many people are that adept with jets?

Edit: This is getting retarded. Going around with a jet and shooting stuff is cool, but I just can't seem to land the darn thing! Choppers are easier, but when it comes to landing on an aircraft carrier with limited space... it becomes almost impossible. I think I'll just remain a soldier and be fodder. Sigh.

Acriku is right... you got to keep tapping parachute key to ensure it opens.

Thats what I thought, so I tapped away at the 9 key, which is accessable enough...only for the darn thing to deply...yay....and then undeploy...un-yay  ::)

I will try tapping it a few times again, maybe I did it wrong. If not I might need to rebind to the mouse and see if the buttons on that are more responsive.

Dont know, isnt that a pretty fast card ? I know it likes lots of ram, that game. My pagefile usage goes skyhigh wihen I am playing; minimising to windows takes about 5 seconds, compared to emps <1second.

Scar, or anyone else know why my signature is still showing me as a private ? Anyone else found their rank not being reflected correctly ?

Dont know, isnt that a pretty fast card ? I know it likes lots of ram, that game. My pagefile usage goes skyhigh wihen I am playing; minimising to windows takes about 5 seconds, compared to emps <1second.

Scar, or anyone else know why my signature is still showing me as a private ? Anyone else found their rank not being reflected correctly ?

I see it as Prvt. first class. Just click on the sig link and then hit refresh then refresh it here.

Just had to do mine as well. Wow I didn't realize I got 2 unlocks at staff sarg, that was sweet.

Ok !

I got the patch installed, I had to copy the setup.exe from the cd-rom into the BF2 folder.

Well how the h... do I get online?

It tell me to get an online account ,I do have but can`t log in. 

Cybo

Ok I have done it I`m online , but now it tell me that my CD-key is invalid ????????

It is a original game

Sorry aboutt his guns, I cant seem to register correctly. I keep comoing up as (U) when I log back in. Maybe you can use scar to make me a registration and send me the detials, seeing as he was able to get it right :P

Erjin999 is fine as the nickname. Thanks  :-[

-=-=-=-=-=-EDIT=-=-=-=-=-=-

Hey, Acri, checking out your stats, man only <40hours play ? Nice rank ! And the D to K ratio...sweet :P

You got to use the exact same nickname, username, and password everytime or it will revert you to (U)

or i may have accidentally removed registration from you when i clicked on you the second time.  YOu got to keep LIH- in front of your name so an admin doesnt boot you from the server.

I'll just get scar to make you a name tho

If I am given a decent chance by my pilot, I can home my helecopters missiles ok, and the chaingun things hard to miss with.

Jets just move too fast for me at the moment. I have difficulty flying a helecopter in combat situations (kinda the whole point though, isnt it ::)), but in practice I can fly pretty well...

I hate aircraft. No matter how I try, I can't use Anti-Tank's missiles to hit them, despite trying to home them towards them. I can't even hit helicopters too.

And they keep disturbing my raids :(

Well i'm just now comfy with flying attack helecopters in game as long as I have a gunner also.

And the anti-tank missles aren't really made for trying to hit aircraft (although you can on some heles that are hovering), need to use the AA turrets or AA tanks.