Battlefield 2

Acriku

Some excellent chopper tips I came across, and tips in general.

Chopper Tips

By BustaCapTX

Last Modified 08/10/05 12:14

Some Transport Chopper Tips - When you get into a balanced helicopter squad with good communication (either text or VOIP - preferably voice) and a sense of purpose, there are few gaming experiences to equal BF2. When it works well, the teamwork involved makes it deeply satisfying.

In transport helicopter situations, the best-balanced squads will include a good pilot, two door gunners (preferably one of them a support soldier), two engineers (to fix all but the most devastating damage to the aircraft) and a medic (to heal squad members who get wounded). Then get yourself into the air and go take over some enemy flags. The door gunners with their two 7.62mm cannons can wreak a lot of havoc on ground forces and vehicles, and everyone in the squad gets points for every kill they make.

Some feel that helicopter flag-capping (flying from control point to control point taking over flags) is cheap, but I disagree. It can be a risky proposition (flying over enemy territory teeming with ground forces and AA vehicles, all trying desperately to bring you down in flames), and without the right complement of squad members, it's much, much harder. But done right, there are very few more effective ways to rack up points and help ensure victory.

This is where teamwork comes into play. The medics will heal anyone aboard with no effort, but it's the engineers who save the day here. In heavy-fire situations, both engineers should be in the rear of the chopper with their wrenches in hand. When the chopper takes damage, they will automatically begin to repair it if the players point their wrench at the floor and simply hold down their left mouse button (sometimes it takes a little swivelling about to find the right spot where the repairs actually work). And the engineers should keep those mouse buttons pressed down until the helo is no longer taking fire. Another good engineer trick is to mine areas near the enemy's headquarters. While one remains on repair duty, the other can toss mines out over the side. Since you have a support soldier along, you'll be reloaded automatically, so don't hesitate to lay down a thick spread of mines near the enemy's base and flags, and especially on any road choke points (bridges and or canyon roads) near their stronghold. Mining from the air is particularly effective on or near any runways they have; if you can keep them out of the sky, you can assure air superiority, which makes victory that much easier.

Door gunners should NOT simply shoot continuously until the gun overheats and stops firing; until it cools down (8-10 seconds) the chopper have no covering fire on that side. Instead, fire in 3-5 second bursts, with a second or so pause in between to cool the gun a bit. Other squad members should keep an eye on the "manned positions" indicator of the chopper; if a gunner (or the pilot for that matter) gets killed, they should be prepared to take over immediately.

This is another reason why good commo is essential, if you get killed, let your squad know. A good amount of chatter can keep you alive and in the air longer ("Enemy AA vehicle on the road to our left!" "Sniper on the roof!" "There's a bunch of grunts behind trying to flank us!"), and increase the scores for everyone. Even squad members without a microphone should have VOIP enabled (in the Audio Options) so they can at least hear what their squad is saying.

Instead of flying into a fight straight on, pilots should angle their approach to give their gunners a better chance to take out ground threats. They cannot shoot directly in front of the aircraft, but have a nice fat field of fire on the sides. Pilots, USE this to your advantage and let your gunners help you out.

Everyone else, just hang on to your posteriors and keep and eye out for enemy threats, especially hostile attack choppers. These are your worst enemy. Try to stay above them; altitude is your friend.

An Anti-tank soldier can sometimes get a AT good shot off from the door of a chopper, but the gunship has to be flying steady. Most vehicles are lightly armored on top and in the rear ... your prime target if you choose to helo-snipe with your rockets. Press and hold the fire button while tracking the vehicle with your sight; keep it right on him. Again, this can sometimes be effective since the support guy will automatically reload you.

Final note - A surprising number of people don't know this very basic fact: when you're in a squad, select the green dot on the respawn screen.

This is your squad leader. When you come back to life, you'll respawn near him and in any vehicle he's in that has an unmanned position. If the green dot has a red ring around it, the squad leader is either dead or in a full vehicle. Wait a few seconds to see if he comes back to life and respawn on him once he does. If he's in a vehicle (the red-circled green dot is moving), you'll have to choose another respawn point. But once you die, try to select the green dot again. Members of a team can't really help each other if they aren't near each other.

Happy flying. Now go raise some Hell!! HOO-rah!

Figured I would throw in a tip of my own here, a way to keep Erjin alive as well :P. When in combat and you see your sqaud medic go down, be nice and go pick up his kit then revive him. Then go get your original kit back (press g to pick up a kit). I even forget sometimes how simple that is to do.

thats why we need to make a clain from players  here... because we are trained to be a team

and we know eatch others skilles.... i got dsl  am downloading rhe demo,,, if i find my self into this  filed  i will buy the game in few weeks and be glad to cover your back nunu... 8)

am playing the demo.... (after the game installer force upgreaded my geforce 5200)  my system is playing the game smoothly on low details  which is totaly not

having effect on the beauty of the game (unlike emp)..but am deffnetly having few craches to the desktop...(only few) due the the vga beeing less than the minimum requirment i suppose

the hole thing is deffently eazyer than commanding the mighty harkonnan army with some sardukars

on the side and offcorce freemen for desert....speacialy when guys like doompower are aming to smoke your azz!!lol

but... what the hell we diserve some rest from the ever lasting emp self consuming speedy race ....nothing here to do expept to keep ure head down and shoot some rokets....

and this game will be more fun if we make a good team.... and understand were we are going...

dunno about  buying anything yet.. i will keep my eyes on you guys for  some time i guess

then join later (like i did in emp)

the hole thing is deffently eazyer than commanding the mighty harkonnan army with some sardukars

on the side and offcorce freemen for desert....speacialy when guys like doompower are aming to smoke your azz!!lol

I can assure you Spicy, the ONLY thing easy in this game are the single player games. Which IMO should be called single player practice mode. Multiplayer and single player games are not even remotely in the same universe in terms of the real gameplay.

Anyhoo, I came across some of the best looking video of pilot/stunts that i've seen in some time. Take a few minutes and download and watch this, even has outtakes of the ones gone wrong. Really nice flying. Also, after the credits, I cannot understand how in the hell they managed to get a buggy that high up in the air.

http://www.theupload.com/viewfile.php?id=00008909

hehehe    scar  actuly u are right i didnt try the multy player yet and i realy love space

simulation games  so i will see those vedios...thanks ace..

another thing i wanna know... due the massive upgreading i have been doing the last few mounthes

in my e machine it will be realy hard  for me to go into any upgreading in this upcoming year..

i want to know if i got the game soon would u guys let me playe with you on my current settings?

or every one will call me lagger  again??

ok I got a question ?

I`ve noticed you have been talking bout the expansion pack Special Forces.

When you go online with SF can you join BF2 games?

And using the wepons from SF ?

Or will yo only join SF online games ?

I think I read somewhere that one can use the SF unlock wepons in BF2.

Doesn`t that make it unbalanced? hehe

Cybo

Spicy, are you also deathand ?  :-

I dont think its possible to lag properly in this game :P as it auto kicks laggers, I know, I have been mostly playing on servers in America and the lag is higer then the players who are local, so I have been kicked (once only... mind :)).

SF can be played either on SF only maps with SF weapons, or they can play on normal BF2 maps. They can bring their weapons back to normal games. It is a backward compatible extension, where BF2 isnt forward compatible.

Does that make it unbalnced ? Hell yeah, when I am being killed by some noob (probably) with a BFG...well, I exaggerate a bit. But I believe, like many others I think, that this is an example of excellent marketing by EA (also, excellent way of shafting customers :P). Buy SF or you WILL be at a disadvantage.

But, having said all that, I dont care, cos its stil a damn good fun game. For

Does that make it unbalnced ? Hell yeah, when I am being killed by some noob (probably) with a BFG...well, I exaggerate a bit. But I believe, like many others I think, that this is an example of excellent marketing by EA (also, excellent way of shafting customers :P). Buy SF or you WILL be at a disadvantage.

I just bought the expansion pack and no matter what DICE says the SF weapons are quite a bit more powerful than their regular BF2 counterparts but, the SF maps are really unstable right now, I've crashed to the desktop twice and I have never finished an SF match yet.

The highs of SF: New unbalanced weapons to gain ranks fast in regular BF2. The lows: new vehicles aren't very new or interesting, new maps are very buggy.

I wouldn't recommend getting the expansion right now unless if you've just got money to blow or you REALLY need to gain ranks fast. *cough* erjin *cough*

I wont buy it unless I need to, as in I hit the top rank (likely ! ::)) or I get bored and need more excitement. Even if I do get before then, ocs yall are doing SF maps or something, I wont get it to speed up ranking, as thats like buying your way there, which I dont agree with.

But I am glad you got it re, wouldnt wat to be left behind would you ? :P

yes i am death hand  but i was under cover to avoind the silly paging from the web  .

thanks for telling every one erjin...lol anyway i  dont care...

and i decided to buy the game after i played the demo on line .. not only  because its worth it but olso because of the team

work we did on emp over the years...players with skilles  have played 1000s of emp  rounds

as a team and as anemy  and one can eazly read the other... ill be happy if we can shift

all this  to a new generation games  because i like to win.. and i know we can do somthing

and that what will make it even greater....now i join tomorow who knows... maybe doom or dawg

or pearl will come.. all players with skill and know haw to own in battle...

when i am coming???? i dont realy know because i wont find it here in stores or it will be 2 times the prise.. so i emailed my cousin in the stats  to send it via fedx ;D i hop to be online soon

spicy

great pearl is comming... he will read this post and he is downloading the demo.... i guess he needs some cheering from u guys then am sure he will joing us  ;)

pearl is a great gammer and will make a deffrence in any upcoming clain....

maybe we need to talk some peapol in, just like we do on ra server....am sure we will get the most of

them at least thinking about it...i have in mind  (warlord,spazelord) those guys are G O O D

Yea, I've been doing that with the SF maps to get used to em some and fly the new heles. The thing I like about the new SF maps is, even though there are probly 10x the hiding places, wherever your hiding at you are never really out of someone elses line of site.

yes i am death hand  but i was under cover to avoind the silly paging from the web

:P I meant you posted above as deathand and then as spicy...not talking about the game server, but heheh, you blew the cover !

Or maybe I did...doesnt matter. If anyone abuses you, just pass them on to me. Give them my msn details.

am happy all this happend because i came up with this cool nick lol. now  i made it in bf2

am deatHand  offcorce u will find me on the demo server as i try to learn controls..

the game is realy magical  like u all said...its true

i tested  32 map  with 28 players on.. and it went ok  with my settings ..i which if it was faster

but it was ok .it just go a little slower when air are around or lots of tanks... but maybe it wasnt

my fult..i got kicked automaticly like nunu said on the large pizza map (64)

first it say ( u have problem with ure con)  then (u got kiked by admin for high ping 133)

is that due to graphics card??!!  i thought he was talking about my connection..

anyway on smaller maps with somthing like 15 players on its playing by the book so i was having some great fun with the demo.. my dsl is still slower than standerd coz i didnt install a lan card yet.

but 32 map will be ok i guess...anyway no need for the crowed hehe :-

Could be both, I guess. Try again with all graphics settings on low or off, to see if it still kicks you for high ping.

Like I said though, I get stupidly low pings on local servers (europe) and stupidly high pings (120+) in American servers... >:(

lag in fps  is silly..  because its impossible to see what u shoot.. and i hate to see a prety

game like this go to waste because of peapol bad setup.. i mean i saw few slow games in there

it cant be me slowing them down because i had very fast games as well.. that is what i meant in some of my posts befor that as mutch as we like emp but we have to live on.. and we cant wait 7 years behind..

this new system of automaticly kicking laggers is the answer.. thats why i needed to asking u guys

if i was going to lag or not.. because its not nessary to buy the game if i know from now

its gonna lag.. and am not planing to any cards upgread atm  . worst thing i saw peapol trying to fly fighter jests when the game is slow or lagging its realy a bad sight..totaly deffrent from

the cool feeling u get when u see it flying above ure head at sonic speed 

best thing i like  the 3 weels buggy car... ;D too fast even for a helicoper to catch..

i make the anemy crazy with it .. like i never fight i just drive around and snatch those flags down like a laundry thief. then go and drink driving again  hahahaa ::)