Battlefield 2

Acriku

Not really, just whatever IP happens to be the pick by one of us.  Gun and I usually meet up on his Teamspeak server and just find an IP, but I can maybe post the IP of the game im at? I dunno whats easiest to do.

Just entered an empty one to practice some flying some at  82.192.78.132  port 17567  I'll be there for a bit.

Better wait for the 4 in 1 offer ( bf2 - bf2 special forces and 2 boosterpacks )

For now you can try the demo version online

Just bought the exp. online and downloading now. Doesen't get any easier to get it, I knew sooner or later Torrent client programs and it's program protocol's would be put to good use *cough* legally.  ;D

A booster pack? Now what's that? It's not like the booster packs in Magic: The Gathering, right?

Edit: I've just tried the demo. The game is friggin' awesome! The controls are a little complicated, but the game is just great! How I wish each round would last for 20 minutes instead of 10. Maybe I'll try Multiplayer later. On my GeForce FX 5200 and my 512MB RAM, the game seems to run pretty good on Low settings. However, I don't know if I can play 64-player maps :-

Edit: Heck, I can't get online, it doesn't let me create my accounts, say that some account using my email address/password is in use.

Edit: Problem resolved, it seems someone is really using a password I was trying to use. When they say something is in use, do they refer to the email/password combination, or just the password actually being in use?

I see quite a few of my favorite servers playing maps from SF, actually. Almost an incentive to get it ;-)

Just installed it and played some, all I can say is just get it. great new maps,weapons,vehicles and heles.  From atv's to 2 new attack hele's trucks,jeeps with mounted TOW's on them, tear-gas guns, grappling hooks n ropes, flash-bangs,zip-lines,night-vision gogles,gas-mask and some spiffy new outfits. Awesome expansion.

Well the patch messed up my Voice Over sound...so now I have like 3 people telling me we lost a control point...all around the same time. Man thats annoying, when someone says something twice, I get 6 people talking...it quickly gets annoying.

How did you do the patch ? I just got it from the web and ran it from there. Did yours initiate from inside the game ?

Well the patch messed up my Voice Over sound...so now I have like 3 people telling me we lost a control point...all around the same time. Man thats annoying, when someone says something twice, I get 6 people talking...it quickly gets annoying.

How did you do the patch ? I just got it from the web and ran it from there. Did yours initiate from inside the game ?

Just open the exe from desktop and install, thats all I did, and let it patch,after several minutes of patching it will finally say patch complete or something like that, and thats it. I haven't had that sound prob yet, maybe a sound setting in game options?

Well I found the sound files (zipped ?  ???) and they are mostly .ogg files, which play fine in winamp.So it must be patch did something freaky...

Have you tried to reinstall it cybodude ? Sounds like the registry part is missing, which lists the path of the game. Were you logged on as the same user who is trying to play the game. I am wondering if you had any issues when istalling, and whether its a permissions error...  :O

Just open the exe from desktop and install, thats all I did, and let it patch,after several minutes of patching it will finally say patch complete or something like that, and thats it. I haven't had that sound prob yet, maybe a sound setting in game options?

As for Cybo's prob I dunno whats up with that maybe go through the support forum http://bf2tracker.com/board.php?boardid=7 to see if there is a solution.

Man how you guys are getting all these probs I haven't a clue.

I decided to try host a local multiplayer game on gulf of oman (demo version, that's why) using the 32-player map and try some aircraft. Heck, I could pilot NOTHING. Every attempt just landed me in the water. Any idea how? My plane/helis just ended up twisting around and landing in the water.

Edit: Ah, with some experimentation, I figured how to fly those things. The problem is... (especially with jets), how the hell do you land at the airfield? It hardly seems possible, and somehow I ended up losing thrust and went into the water, or going out of the map and getting punished. Will need more practice..

It really does take practice and lots of it. I don't use a joystick for flying aircraft I use keyboard n mouse, but what I did was change the settings in options for aircraft like the yaw and pitch and sensitivity for mouse to high, it helped me alot. I'm glad they made the aircraft a major learning curve to get good at. Cause when you think about it, it wouldn't be that balanced of a game if any noob could just get in one and obliterate with it all day. And when you think about the firepower they have it makes more sense that someone would have to actually learn and progress at getting better with them. I  still am not that good with jets, but I love the attack heles now alot that i've learned to fly them. Anyone who says they became great pilots in a day is just full o crap. :) Also, you don't really even have to land the jets in game, just fly over a friendly air field to re-load and repair. I haven't seen too many that actually land the jets.

Here's a few screenys of the night maps with night vision, with n without the goggles...

screen019.png

screen020.jpg

I played a few games online on these night maps, Needless to say, it is not easy at all to spot an kill the enemy. But this expansion is awesome.

Edit: Ah, with some experimentation, I figured how to fly those things. The problem is... (especially with jets), how the hell do you land at the airfield? It hardly seems possible, and somehow I ended up losing thrust and went into the water, or going out of the map and getting punished. Will need more practice..

Landing a Jet ? I cant even fly one of those things reliably ! I can just about land a chopper, hehe, ask rewireddude.

i sent the teamspeak ip address to everyone who showed interest in this thread.  What you need to do is download teamspeak 2 and then arrange a meeting time with myself to register you on the server... i have to do it in person.  Then once you are registered you can enter the Battlefield 2 room anytime you please.  I would encourage those that get registered to always log into the BF 2 room when you decide to play BF 2 and even if the room is empty just stay in it so that people who log in after you will know you are playing BF 2 without having to use these dune2k boards to schedule games.

Landing a Jet ? I cant even fly one of those things reliably ! I can just about land a chopper, hehe, ask rewireddude.

Its possible to land a jet you just have to throttle down very slowly and get below 100mph... and keep your nose up... its much easier to land the US harrier jets as they land and take off vertically.

It helps tho if you got a joystick and throttle like what i have here -->  http://dune2k.com/forum/index.php?topic=17926.0    ;D

Ill stick to kamakazi runs into the line of fire, and as a human shield for my sqaud, currently my best honed skills :P.

But when I see a shiney jet, with those big missiles, landing doesnt even enter my mind (aim it at the enemy, and bail out...if only the parachute worked properly, Id be alright  ::))

Ill stick to kamakazi runs into the line of fire, and as a human shield for my sqaud, currently my best honed skills :P.

But when I see a shiney jet, with those big missiles, landing doesnt even enter my mind (aim it at the enemy, and bail out...if only the parachute worked properly, Id be alright  ::))

Try hitting number 9 but not using the number pad, just above the letters. E to eject then 9 for chute deploy.