Battlefield 2

Acriku

According to wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BF2142

It has recently been announced that the game will ship with Dynamic Advertising, which means changing adverts on objects such as billboards in-game. This system is featured in games such as Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, and SWAT 4.[5]

So no spyware, but still ads so that EA can continuously get revenue after you have purchased the game.

EDIT:

Someone edited the wiki, so it makes no reference to spyware controversy. wierd. Check out the history part of wiki.

Hmm they are discussing the spyware, maybe there is spyware.

According to wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BF2142

So no spyware, but still ads so that EA can continuously get revenue after you have purchased the game.

EDIT:

Someone edited the wiki, so it makes no reference to spyware controversy. wierd. Check out the history part of wiki.

Hmm they are discussing the spyware, maybe there is spyware.

Bundled in SWAT 4, like this? ....

http://nationalcheeseemporium.org/

Ok so now we know that alot of us won't be getting bf2142. How about we talk more about vanilla bf 2.

Sounds delicious doesn't it?!

I have have 2 guns that I regret unlocking.

DAO12: Because it isn't long range and it isn't as powerful as I thought it would be.

G36c: It takes 4-5 bullets to kill from close range and it's with a kit I hardly ever use.

Does anyone regret unlocking a weapon or 2, that they dislike and why?

Who the hell wants a game, any game for that matter that during battle a pop-up ad appears saying, "Eat at Joe's". or "Need a fast Credit Report?". EA will lose their asses on that game big time.

At least they finally fixed vanilla BF2 and it's perfect now, and I believe that game will never really die. It's modern, accurate and most of all very realistic all around.

As far as the weapon unlocks Mad, I like the shotguns. They come in handy in close quarters like on Karkand. Although I did dislike the PK7 thats the only one I can think of right off hand.

Who the hell wants a game, any game for that matter that during battle a pop-up ad appears saying, "Eat at Joe's". or "Need a fast Credit Report?". EA will lose their asses on that game big time.

At least they finally fixed vanilla BF2 and it's perfect now, and I believe that game will never really die. It's modern, accurate and most of all very realistic all around.

As far as the weapon unlocks Mad, I like the shotguns. They come in handy in close quarters like on Karkand. Although I did dislike the PK7 thats the only one I can think of right off hand.

To be fair though, the ads will be integrated onto billboards or walls. But it's still pretty ridiculous.

If the greedy poo's wanna put ads in there, they should give the game away for free.

If we are paying for th egame, they should be happy with the millions they will earn from it and not serve ads.

All hail the BBC who are ad free in UK !

i was surprised when i was looking at the number of players on our small bf2 private ranking community at  bfstats.info  the one some of you were joking about

it was  exactly  45673 active accounts as u can see on this page :

http://bfstats.info/global.php?o=score&d=asc

that is way too much  for any game.. like for ex  i bet its more than 10 times the numbers of players  that ever existed on emp

we have more than 120 players on the different servers most of the time

ya who cares?? you want to tell me ea dont know about bf2  cracked servers???

they could have locked the game so eazy....

but as i said befor ..they want to make peapol playe their games..

just like sierra did with fear but in another way...

now ea want to put ads in a 50$ game..so they are the only mugs in the place

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone thought about wether EA could have added a threeway war consisting of all 3 army's in one game as a special add on maybe?

Each army would have a spawn flag to start with and in the centre could be some neutral spawn flags to capture.

The colour of the enemy nicks would still be the same for all 3 teams as you would all be fighting 2 enemy's.

I also believe this would be fantastic to give away as an extra something to get MORE players to play vanilla bf2 (and for those of us who already have it.)

Anyone have any ideas like these they might want to share about the joys of v.bf2? 8)

10 more posts and we've made 1000 posts for this thread!

I hope you are not post-padding :P

They would never do it for the reason of balance. Thats why you never get Arabs (what are they called again ? :P I havent played this game for sooo long !) and the chinese...

EDIT Its the MEC ! They are called MEC !

Never seemed much of a difference to me. Partly because the difference between guns was insignificant to me. It was all about the classes, and the playing style. *shrugs*

Still, I'd love to see that being implemented. A 3-way war. Fuuuun! But how many systems can handle that?

New patch ready for download.

Things continue to move within the Battlefield Universe. Today we are releasing the 1.41 patch for Battlefield 2 that resolves an intermittent crash that affected game servers. Although this is a small update this improvement will greatly improve the stability for players. This patch will be available beginning at 4:00pm GMT.

Our support staff has begun to address the accounts of players who use exploit tactics to advance themselves. Stats acquired through the use of exploits will be removed while accounts that show extreme abuse are subject to a complete stats wipe. We will also be announcing policy changes regarding player cheating and stats exploit in the near future.

As always keep your eyes to this space for all your Battlefield Updates,

cybocommander

Haha, apparently an incremental patch hasnt been released, so they want you to download 536MB instead of say 40-60MB, if that !

Yeah, right.  ::)

Also, the dopes havent listed it on thier webshite.

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/746/746528p1.html <=- link to 1.41

http://www.gamershell.com/download_16477.shtml <=- same again

I tried logging in after a long break, and I was shocked at the number of servers I saw. Now there are only about 500 servers around!? The Singapore servers I used to go to are barely full. They're 32-player servers, but they are often only almost half full.

Is this game dying, or it's just my game screwing up with the servers list, or both?