Emperor - How many people play it?

Cyborg

Can I ask a question about how many people played it in it heyday ? What was the max around then, at its peak ?

Now days, about 9-12 would have to be max on olafs server. Some people are on WOL (last time I checked), guys who I had never seen before.

It works perfectly on 56k. Perfectly.

Really?Ā  Not bad.Ā  The only game I've really gotten working well online was Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2.Ā  Everything else I tried either didn't work, or was slow as all getout.

Anyway, it's not just the lag factor, it's the idea of tying up the phone lines for so long.Ā  Not that I don't already spend half the day on the net anyway.Ā  ;)

I would play it, but some unknown reason it refuses to function for any workable length of time. So I don't. And I can't play online anyway since my PC doesn't have an internet connection.

(Work it out...)

I play it quite often offline.Ā  I tend to play RTS games over and over.Ā  Games like EBFD, Warcraft III: TFT, C&C Generals and AOW: SM are great fun both on and offline.Ā  It doesn't stop me from SUCKING SO VERY BADLY though.Ā  Oh sure, I can beat the computer every time hands down... but when it comes to REAL people, experienced players... I'm not very good.

I tried playing EBFD online a couple of times on WOL.Ā  A couple of people were there sometimes, but more often than not I couldn't connect or the server was empty.Ā  When I did get a game, I always lost (maybe some of you played against a certain 'forres03'?) and so it kind of put me off.Ā  Since then, I've been practicing a lot, but I think I still suck. :D

I've just gone and downloaded the XWIS filey thingy, so maybe I'll give that a shot later on...

(Frowns as everybody logs on to whoop my ass.) >:( ;D

A typical Emperor player's view of mods:

The problem with mods is that to play online with one, it seems everyone needs to have the mod. Its hard enough getting everyone to have the same maps downloaded, forget mods being downloaded. We are a lazy/uncoordinated bunch..