How Long?

Gobalopper

How long before FED2k ceases to exist?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. How long before FED2k ceases to exist?

• months
    • 1 year+
    • 5 years+
    • 10 years+
    • 25 years+
    • once Gob dies
    • once Mahdi usurps Gobs power
    • forever and ever, amen

Son, we don't visit this forum because we love the Dune games, although many of us do, including me. We visit this forum because we love the people and have made many good friendships. We visit this forum because Gob has put fourth all his time, work, and effort to make this forum user compatible.

We don't visit for the dune games, we visit because we love it here...

I tend to agree...It's very, very, very, very possible that this site will live on through anything.  We have a very good, powerful, worldwide community, and I think we'll (as we say down here) keep on keepin' on.

That's why I voted Forever and Ever, Amen.

Any other site, five years tops.  This one, with this community?  Hell yeah!

I dont think it will last too much longer, I dont know why just get that feeling, it has had this weird decline for a bit, and I just am not sure of it because frankly this site is (and for good reason) largely for Gobs advancement for his future. I could be very wrong, just get the feeling it will go down fairly soon, which will really really suck. I get the feeling though that if this site does go down somebody else will make another site and lots of people will go to that one, or others if others are created.

Or somebody that jesse trusts will take over if they have the time. Again I could be wrong though.

I dont think it will last too much longer, I dont know why just get that feeling, it has had this weird decline for a bit, and I just am not sure of it because frankly this site is (and for good reason) largely for Gobs advancement for his future. I could be very wrong, just get the feeling it will go down fairly soon, which will really really suck. I get the feeling though that if this site does go down somebody else will make another site and lots of people will go to that one, or others if others are created.

Or somebody that jesse trusts will take over if they have the time. Again I could be wrong though.

So, you voted for Usurption?

lol. Now that I think about it my post was totally leading towards that assumption.

I couldnt vote for that though. You may be strong, but do you have the wisdom to hold such power? ;) hehe

actually you would make a good mod, still though I had to make some sort of joke.lol

FED2K's Lenin[*ahem* check PRP board] will start an uprising soon....he will free our motherland from the tyannical czar and his "advisor" MA *oops*RAsputin. FOR THE MOTHERLAND! 8)

Da, tovarisch. The revolution is near. 8)

But seriously, I think FED2k will go on forever, or at least for as long as the internet exists in its current form. If God should suffer some unfortunate accident, I am certain others will pick up the torch. ;)

Edit: Damn typo. I meant Gob.

Da, tovarisch. The revolution is near. 8)

But seriously, I think FED2k will go on forever, or at least for as long as the internet exists in its current form. If God should suffer some unfortunate accident, I am certain others will pick up the torch. ;)

I sure hope that was a typo!

You deserve punishment! Firstly, in communism, there isn't any form of religious worship and secondly, you have referred to an individual as 'god' and therefore, that individual is considered by you to be more equal than others, oops, I mean more than equal to others. :O >:( TO THE SIBERIAN LABOUR CAMPS! >:(

I don't like what this thread may mean. :(

I said forever.

Amen.

When Dune2k was down earlier I was thinking things. The server was all the way down, didn't even reconize it. I thought it was gone forever.

Amen.

When Dune2k was down earlier I was thinking things. The server was all the way down, didn't even reconize it. I thought it was gone forever.

Please, now you got me paranoid. I watched my first forum that I visited painfully go down after a while. It suffered a lot and was down often and eventually went down without any good notice. (other than the site may go down sometime.)

RIP Teknap

teknap.jpg

If anyone has information to the whereabouts of people that used teknap please let me know :) (and if any of the good servers are still up)

I've seen one or 2 around but I haven't seen many.