How Long?

Gobalopper

How long before FED2k ceases to exist?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. How long before FED2k ceases to exist?

• months
    • 1 year+
    • 5 years+
    • 10 years+
    • 25 years+
    • once Gob dies
    • once Mahdi usurps Gobs power
    • forever and ever, amen

All of you ought to be ashamed of yourselves including the people who run this website. The website url is what? www.dune2k.com

dune 2000

Yet I doubt any of you actally play this game, you've abandoned it in search of flashy graphics and slow, boring gameplay (emperor)... the dune 2000 forum is still there, but like someone earlier in this post said, will indeed slowly dwindle into extinction (the online community consists of me and asitrike)

You sound bitter. But why complain at emperor players about people who stop playing the game you want them to play ? Do emp players have the right to go and bitch at Generals players who used to play Emp ? Or Warcraft 3 or whatever other game they have gone to ? Hell no.

As for dune2000, I was thinking of getting a hold of the game and seeing what that was about (if you can play emp well, then I guess it can't be too hard...) but if you say there is no one online, then maybe I won't...

dune 2000 single player is easy, if you do get it, play it on hard

well me and trike are online most of the day, and the odd newbie does pop in occasionally, so i think you'd still have someone to play,

and yes i am bitter, games like generals and warcraft killed dune more than emperor did because they're actually good!

Also it's quite amusing that they are struggling to find something decent to post in the news, when dune 2000 is quite obviously fading away in the background (http://dune.kicks-ass.net/dailyusage.aspx) and they could do something to increase the usage. Oh well.

Perhaps its fading away for a reason....you should take the hint and hop on board with the rest of us.

whats with all the "emperor sucks" talk??? i for one think emperor is the greatest rts ever made... comparably to the current rts crap we got going now ( its not hard to be better then generals :P )

edit : i love to edit, anyway, they need to make a new dune game ( one like emperor, i just love that game... ) and actually advertise for its greatness

plus theres this ordos song that isnt in the download section that i gotta find

Emperor beats dune2000 hands down. you must have a piece of **** computer is you think emperor is slow!! even online it rules over Dune2000 for speed strats and playability. when was last time you played emperor or did you ever to talk such bull.

A cult game holds it's following due to its quaility and playability only thing that keeps messing up empy players is the fact that servers keep going down everytime old players return or we start to get an influx of new blood, so off they go again but many return over and over now thats game appeal. ;)

The argument about what is better, dune or emperor is a pointless one as it just results in "I'm right you're wrong" arguments. But please don't think that popularity means quality; look at Britney Spears...

Anyway the only problem I really have is this website is titled dune2k.com, now I'd happily buy a domain for a site devoted to Emperor, or to all the dune games provided they give me the dune2k.com domain and I'd make it into something relevant.

The argument about what is better, dune or emperor is a pointless one as it just results in "I'm right you're wrong" arguments. But please don't think that popularity means quality; look at Britney Spears...

Thats harsh ! Funny...but harsh !

Anyway, I would have said that she did alright with that Toxic song, but after everyone has a go at my music sense, I won't..

Anyway the only problem I really have is this website is titled dune2k.com, now I'd happily buy a domain for a site devoted to Emperor, or to all the dune games provided they give me the dune2k.com domain and I'd make it into something relevant.

I think, Gob, that the fact that it is dedicated to all Dune games, and not just one, is the problem. Thats what I read that as. We emp players should have a emperor website for only emperor...

Didn't you start the what better arguemnt! ::)

Anyways dune2000 has its own section and strat sub section so what's the problem? ???

Surely by covering all aspects of Dune the site helps to introduce people to other areas of interest and games, which can only be a good thing. ;D

Whats your problem with Emperor anyway don't see complaing about games section or fan fic or religon and politics etc which have little or nothing to do with DUNE but add variety and intrest to the site hence why it's still so popular. ;)

I think, Gob, that the fact that it is dedicated to all Dune games, and not just one, is the problem. Thats what I read that as. We emp players should have a emperor website for only emperor...

Its not a big deal... when people typeĀ  "Emperor" into Google.. this site comes up as a major hit... so its not necessary for the website to be called specifically "emperor".

Also seeing as how the emperor community only consists of 20 people while the dune community consists of 1000 something members i think it being dedicated to all games is ok.

Its not a big deal... when people typeĀ  "Emperor" into Google.. this site comes up as a major hit... so its not necessary for the website to be called specifically "emperor".

Also seeing as how the emperor community only consists of 20 people while the dune community consists of 1000 something members i think it being dedicated to all games is ok.

Just so long as we all realise I was clarifying what DRFsimmsy said, and that those words in no way reflect my own opinions.Ā  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I think www.dune2k.com will no longer be as soon as EA wake up and see how this Jesse Reid is exploiting their prized trademark. Dune 2000/Dune2k - come on guys, its not hard to see their argument is it?

Wow imagine that, one moment Dune2k is there, the next... POOF... its gone!

Well if that be the case, EA better prepare for the biggest cult-rally since it was annouced Star Wars Ep: 3 will indeed be even worse than the first two episodes put together.

HAHAHAHA, no I love Dune really. And in time, Dune will learn to love me. ;D

I think www.dune2k.com will no longer be as soon as EA wake up and see how this Jesse Reid is exploiting their prized trademark. Dune 2000/Dune2k - come on guys, its not hard to see their argument is it?

EA made this site the *Official* Emperor board, and I expect, the official Dune 2000 one as well.