Did that guy really say Dune II was one of the first games to use midi for music? lol. midi had been around for years by that point. Cryo's Dune uses midi. And just a few years later Westwood switched to fully-digitised music in Command & Conquer.
If Dune II pioneered anything on the audio front, it's that it used digitised samples for unit responses and the mentat voice.
I was thinking about the music.
If I am not wrong, music used to loop with whatever track it was selected, or I guess that happenes as "options.aud" and "score.aud" are two tracks you don't hear in vanilla game, but you hear nowadays as it changes to a random music.
I don't mind if a mission has the "*" marked to sound whatever track is available.
Or if the mission is about to use an .aud that doesn't exist, then it loads some at random (Although if this is done then if the value is empty it should go with no music, either cutscene purposes or just while testing which I do withouth music yet).
Well. Considering the state of the project now… how do you feel about it? Btw I am looking for someyy playtesters for the upcoming 0.6.0… if you want to help, send me an email to stefan[at]fundynamic.com
Update from 2021-07-27:
- Fixed: Practice AI won't go/turn off berserk mode if it receives a MCV later during mission
- Fixed: Increased the message duration to 400 ticks also for built-in messages (neutral became hostile etc)
- Fixed: In-game briefing UI lockup, custom briefing will always show for any mission number or side
- Added support for different type of infantry released from destroyed/sold building for different side
(This is driven by Owner side setting for unit types - the first infantry owned by a side matches)
- Added custumizable max. number of infantry to be released from destroyed/sold building and customizable chance
(This is driven by infantryReleaseLimit and infantryReleaseChance rules)
First post edited and download link updated.
Maximum map size cannot be increased, unfortunately.
I'm planning to do some improvements to the events system and add some new event types, according to how much possible it is to implement and integrate into game code.