Just keep in mind. People often only care about results.
Announcing that you make something will not really get the attention.
Announcing that you made somethng will.
I had the same thing going with my board game. Never had an end result for anyone here.
Simply did my playing with a couple of friends. That's it. But even that died off.
As soon as you pause your project, it is actually dead. That is how I see a project these days.
I can tell that I played all the campaigns, and it is interesting, not as hard as some of the previous campaigns from the same theme, but now at least have more variety with all those extra planets and new factions to fight.
I won't write too much to let people know themselves, but there is an interesting plot to discover, much bigger than the previous, and if I am not wrong now there are even more main characters (with extra info on those intels writtens).
As part of an ongoing effort to collate research into an open-source code, I have created an editor that allows you to edit and preview the campaign map.
The link to the project is here: https://github.com/nguoiyoujie/Spice2k
(pre-built executables in /build/debug and /build/release)
Discovered descriptions of the campaign.uib file format is here (may be moved in the future): https://github.com/nguoiyoujie/Spice2k/blob/master/research documentation/data files/UIB_campaign.md
Yeah, I'll try to contact him.
There is some stuff I found with regards to where Colours.bin is stored, and which code references them. By changing the location of the data, I was able to preserve more house colors than the original 8 (currently tested until 16 colours, but it may be possible to test up to the practical limit of 256). I'll make another post about it once I know more information about the house alloc. index.
In the meantime I'll update my findings for the campaign.uib, and templates.bin.
I didn't know about the old wiki. Time for some reading I guess :D