The Order Of The Phoenix

Chani

It's time to put it in the freezer Joey Tribbiani style (please say at least one of you watches Friends and knows what I'm on about).

I'm on chapter 25 of the new Harry Potter book and I daren't read any further because I know bad things will happen and I don't want any of them to get hurt.

I heard lots of rumours and now JK Rowling has verified that at least one is true I know for a fact there will be tears before bedtime if I carry on!

But I can't stop!

And before everyone tells me Harry Potter is crap, I think it's wonderful. And I also think most people who hate it haven't read it.

But anyway... I haven't been so gripped by a book for a while. I queued at midnight on Friday to buy it and everything.

I think I'll just put it in the freezer for now and go to bed, in my protective bubble that everything is ok in the land of Harry Potter.

x

I like HP too, in fact I am thiking to order the book in english, otherwise I'll have to wait until december to get it in spanish. I've read a few reviews and I know that someone dies, I have my preferences who I'd like to see gone (plz don't tell me if you already know). "El caliz de fuego" (Globet of fire) left many openned questions that I want to know. Anyway, reading in english a 900 pages book is something I've never done before, maybe in this case it's worth it.

Yaya I know, many friends tell me "crap, goofy, etc.", is my syster's fault she's the one who brought the book to my hands for the first time, no regreat anyway.

heh, i am listening to it on tape while i work on fixing up my comp and getting it runing... and i'm really into it, in fact i'm listening to it as i type this but i'm not as far as you chani as i only got the book yesterday ( i think it was released a day earlier where u live)

and you really should read books 2 and 3, there are things from the books that connect them such as if you haven't read book 3, than many parts of book 5 might not make sense from what i've heard :)

i wont tell anyone anything (even if they ask!) i'm not that cruel!

it came out on saturday here, but you could get it from midnight on friday if you are sad like me.. i went and queued for it at midnight.

I wonder why there is no news yet about the 3rd movie yet

Normally it should be released around christmas

They're still filming it now. I like the books, granted they're not all that deep or meaningful but they're still very enjoyable to read.

It's time to put it in the freezer Joey Tribbiani style (please say at least one of you watches Friends and knows what I'm on about).

I watch friends ;) (except that repeats are now showing :'()

I'm on chapter 25 of the new Harry Potter book and I daren't read any further because I know bad things will happen and I don't want any of them to get hurt.

ROFLMFAO!!

HP is okay and I will read the new book (I have read the others) , but I prefer something....else.

harry potter? naaah, i prefer lord of the rings... but i know my sister is crazy about it. But i'm not realy a fan of the characters in Harry Potter. I don't like kids ;) . No that's not the problem, but i don't like to see kids play as heroes... looks stupid

I just got back from a trip and found it at my doorstep as expected. I ordered it from a bookstore. I got in and had alot to do so I got around to starting the book around midnight. I read til chapter 2 and then went to bed because it had been a long day. Things arnt looking good for our hero up to chapter 2. Im dieing to read it but to keep the suspence I hold myself back and read it before I go to bed. So I must wait........... :-[

I wonder why there is no news yet about the 3rd movie yet

Normally it should be released around christmas

i think they are stopping the movies for a while because most of the actors (in fact nearly all) are under age and so they aren't by law allowed to work year-round so i think they are going to stop them for a year and then start up again or something.

the boy who plays harry.. daniel radcliffe(?) has decided he wants to go back to school.

there are rumours that they will recast ron, hermione and harry for the 4th film. which is sad. :'(

I just wonder if it's possible to make "one" movie for the 4th book, I mean the book is so long, a reasonable movie would have to be at least 4 hours, which is not possible. Not to mention the 5th book, no way it can be put in one single movie.

They'll have to eventually. These people can't remain children for too long.

I bought it Saturday afternoon and after two breaks I'd finished it by 2am Sunday. ;D

I like fantasy, I'll read nearly anything.

That was short, sharp, and sweet...

Just like me...

Apart from the short part...

whats harry potter??? ???

seriously the books are okish hte movies suck, the author knows jack-shit bout fantasy,

elfs are not wannabe gremlims that are 3 feet tall and slaves, NO, elves are usually slightly short, same or taller than the average adult, two they live for hundreds of years, three they'd probaly enslave humanity because they kick human ass anyday.

trolls aren't stumpy tall things that have super tiny brains, NO they are tall, and muscular and would rip off harry's and ron's head in an instant,

goblins aren't midget oldmen with gray hair and white skins, they have GREEN skin and dont work at banks rather they kill people and rob em.

anyways, I read the first 10 pages of the new book and laughed my ass off, then put it back on the shelf and read the newest dragonlance novel, oh and if ron dies in this book, I'll laugh my ass off.

seriously the books are okish hte movies suck, the author knows jack-shit bout fantasy,

elfs are not wannabe gremlims that are 3 feet tall and slaves, NO, elves are usually slightly short, same or taller than the average adult, two they live for hundreds of years, three they'd probaly enslave humanity because they kick human ass anyday.

trolls aren't stumpy tall things that have super tiny brains, NO they are tall, and muscular and would rip off harry's and ron's head in an instant,

goblins aren't midget oldmen with gray hair and white skins, they have GREEN skin and dont work at banks rather they kill people and rob em.

anyways, I read the first 10 pages of the new book and laughed my ass off, then put it back on the shelf and read the newest dragonlance novel, oh and if ron dies in this book, I'll laugh my ass off.

yeah right in your dreams boy, Elves can only pass the dutch border for 1 yard, and then they will be exterminated. Those slim weak fella's, they have no real strength. I'd slice one open with my breadknife anyday.

but surely.. *fantasy* implies.. well.. that it isn't real.

and in the land of harry potter.. elves are slaves.

in other lands, by other authors they arent.

in certain folklore they arent slaves.

but you can't diss jk rowling for not describing something that is fictional to start with wrongly.. cos it's precisely that... fiction.

i didn't explain myself very well. i don't think i got my point over right, but i am tired and am going to bed now.

Elves are in many folklore myths very short (less than 3 feet) and are related to dryads and similar nymphs. Trolls are big and wide (stumpy) and stupid in every book I have ever read (and that's a lot of books). Goblins are "midgets", admittedly normally green but who cares...?