Favorite houses

GURNEY

Hey who has played the game whit all three houses? and whit both harkonnens (feayd rautha and rabban) and what is your favorite house?

there is no "rautha" or "rabban" in Emperor. are you sure that you are talking about the right game that you hoped to talk about?

All the Houses in Emperor are mostly balanced and you can be powerful with any of them if you master one House. But here are some basic guidelines if you are in fact asking about Emperor (if not, some other guys reading this will benefit):

1. Atreides: Sucks in the early game, extremely weak. Very vulnerable to getting rushed and losing by Hark or Ordos. Vs. most players still in Emp these days, Atreides is the strongest in the late game out of all three Houses. note: this is not because Atreides is actually the strongest, but simply because almost every good player has left Emp and those that remain really have no clue how to play effectively. Best air defense in the game.

2. Ordos: Very strong in the early game. Excellent for rushing. In the late game, you may run into some serious Air Defence issues with Ordos, however. Their air defence sucks.

3. Harkonnen: Like Ordos, Hark is very strong in the early game and excellent at rushing. Hark can be extremely powerful during all stages of the game. Their air firepower is the best in the game and will decimate most Ordos you encounter if you make it to the late game although that air power will do you no good Vs. a good Atreides player. The Hark Air Defence also sucks, but it is slightly better than Ordos. Hark is the strongest of all the Houses, but most of those who remain in Emp have no clue how to use Hark to it's full potential so you may not ever see that for yourself.

Harkonnen untill the end.

Buzzsaws... lots of buzzsaws. Hundreds of buzzsaws. I like them... give some sardaukars to protect them and we got an army that kills 90% of the players these days :D Oh and the glorious guild...

Well... seriously. Like all players that have played the game as long as I have probably do, I'm experimenting on the other houses as well.

• 2 weeks later...

They just got their names changed.

My favorite House is Ordos. Qua tactics. If you are speaking about which House you like best, then it is House Atreides (but that is actually becuase of the books)

NAV i dissagree with you, Atreidies can overwhelm a hark or ordos rush very easily with reg soldiers and bikes i know cause ive done it and i just beat acelethal at 5k an hour ago or so, he was hark and i was atr and i rushed him and i won, so its not easy to declare yourself universally trained in every house just because you played that house for a week, i only play with atr and i would say im at my highest point and still learning.

My favourite house is Harkonnen. Their units and buildings look nice, their music rocks, and they have extremely good firepower. The only thing that I hate is the devastator mech. Why the hell it's so SLOW? Once Atreides trike destroyed my devastator mech...

NAV i dissagree with you, Atreidies can overwhelm a hark or ordos rush very easily with reg soldiers and bikes i know cause ive done it and i just beat acelethal at 5k an hour ago or so, he was hark and i was atr and i rushed him and i won, so its not easy to declare yourself universally trained in every house just because you played that house for a week, i only play with atr and i would say im at my highest point and still learning.

if you beat ACE, then ACE certainly ain't what he used to be. but that has already evidenced itself thru various bizarre and disturbing posts and behaviours by ACE over the last few months ???

then again, 5k is the newbiest settings in the Universe. the fact that he would even play them just goes to show that there is something "not right" with ACE any more. but even so, it's not really an accomplishment to beat someone on 5k 'cause those are newbie setts.

i still maintain that there is no way a good Hark or Ordos would get beaten by bikes/light Inf. if that happens, the Hark or Ordos surely must not know what he's doing. bikes are a million times weaker than Hark or Ordos tier 1 units, and their only feasible use in most cases, is as meat shields (they have various uses in the late game when the enemy has already been pummeled, but that's another story). Light Inf are just plain worthless. i realize that most people on WOL really suck these days, and therefore rushing like this may be effective in this day and age, but it does not mean that is because it's an effective strategy. it just means there isn't anyone around who knows how to play Hark or Ordos anymore (and if there are and you played those guys, there is no way they'd lose to Bikes/Light Inf)

to loweezee: i should put you on my ignore list but your comments are so asinine that i find much comedic value in them.

I dispute that simply because however many bikes and inf you have, the harkonnen can have just as many and buzzsaws are better... Of course if you throw but a single mino into the fray you aint gonna get rushed by noone. Thus, I am still very much of the opinion that an ATR player of equal skill to a hark or ordos player cannot rush without miscellaneous tactics such as worm riding unless he has some (well actually a single will do) minos. Of course you're welcome to disagree ;).

Drop a harvestor or two in the battle and you've practically stopped the rush.

That is one of many ways.

As atr if you are not in your base, mass inf and bikes, if hark or ordos come to rush simply deviate their attack with harvys, if you are in your base, (atr again) just place a turret and put your bikes and infantry around it, buzz and hark infantry cannot pass that.

There are more ways.