Sardaukar2k/New Dune Game

Inoculator9

The map editor is pretty much done Ken, we're just not throwing it around.

There will be a campaign, skirmish mode, and if at all possible, internet games. Currently, we really don't know how we would go about doing that, but if possible we will.

Free sample of music: any good? Any suggestions?

Gratitude must go to wherever DuneLegacy got them from for the collection of midis there; I couldn't extract anything by the computer, but I manually copied out some of the scores (presumably created by some ripping device, since they were rather... 'messy').

Inoc, will you be putting a section fo this in InocPrime?[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

darn, i liked your forum inoc. just to give you an update i am working on textures for the models anders sent me. i must say, great job so far you guys :). School gets out next week, so I will be able to get online and talk with anders and work like i did last summer. thank god ;D.

About the graphics:

The graphics will be what we make it to be.

Please don't compare Sardaukar2k it to Emperor and other 3d rts' because it is 2d.

Also remember that this game must be downloadable. The more graphics, the longer download time.

Something I can say for sure is that it will be an el dorado for modders if they care to use the engine. Everything will be moddable, including menu graphics, button positions, unit and building graphics and everything else...

Will there be any worms? ;)

I hope so.

If you need help with some of the textures, Frodo, do ask...

that would be most appreciated nema. i will work a little bit more and send you what i got.

How far have you come in the texturing process?

Is it almost time for me to make a new set of models, or are you a long way from finish?

Sorry if I piss you off. :-[

But don't mind if I throw a handful of burning questions at you.

1.What is the resource collecting like[if any]?

2.Who will be the enemy?

3.What game selling in the market now does Sardaukar2K resemble?

4.Will units have a secondary weapon as well?

1) probably almost exactly the same as Dune2k and Emperor.

2) there is a large group of eneies, who fight in tandum against the Sardaukar and Corrino, although they do have allies that are a lot of fun :)

3) Cnc and Dune2k as of now I would say.

4) some probably will.

Don't worry, I'm not pissed off :)