Sardaukar2k/New Dune Game

Inoculator9

It's a rts game, so base building is there for sure.

Superweapons... Well, superweapons depend on Inoculator :). I think I will add everything Inoculator agrees with.

None. I'm about to start now.

I have just started on the posibility for adding cliffs and other cool things.

The idea is simple and works like a multitexture function(you specify a list of tiles to be changed(with a coordinate "parentx + 0 parenty - 0" where parent is the tile you clicked) and what textures to change to) which is the easiest way I know for adding unlimited with defined tiletextures at once.

Great :)

I am currently working on getting word about the game out. I am currently in negotiations for a mention in the credits of the revised Miniseries editioin :P

But seriously... I have actually found a possibility for marketing Sardaukar2000 when it comes out ;D

If it appears in the stores some day, I wouldn't deny the possibility that someone would receive a free copy.

However, there would be beta testing and stuff.

The game will not be very advanced graphic wise(which is why I don't think there's a market for it), but it will contain great modding possibilities aswell as some good scenarios.

If I'm lucky, there will be an alpha test ready during summer holidays.

For now, the terrain engine is soon done.

Hmm... As I mentioned before, I;d be happy to beta test for you. Also, if you decide to go as far as needing voice actors, I'm your man. Unless you need a female voice, in which case a woman is your man... :O ...or I'm your woman... :O ...or something.

:O

I don't think, that this game would be a hit, because if it's not eye candy, no buy.

Also, it would just get rewievs as "Same old game with different units".

It's not 3d. 2D does not mean ugly.

Much of the graphics is made and rendered with a 3dprogram, so the overall graphic and detail will be better than Emperor. However, you cannot turn your view and such.

We are going to try to make a very good gameplay.

There will be many more teams than in previous Dune games, and you will play as a different house than in any of the previous games. The game is not made by or with westwood(or EA), so it isn't the same game. Just based on the same idea.

Unlike other Dune games, this one will come with modding tools :)

Hmm... As I mentioned before, I;d be happy to beta test for you. Also, if you decide to go as far as needing voice actors, I'm your man. Unless you need a female voice, in which case a woman is your man... :O ...or I'm your woman... :O ...or something.

Brill! You're in!

We need you alot. I'll contact you later when we need the first voices. Do you have good recording equipment?

*EDIT*

Thanks, whoever stickied this, for stickying this post

It's not 3d. 2D does not mean ugly.

Much of the graphics is made and rendered with a 3dprogram, so the overall graphic and detail will be better than Emperor. However, you cannot turn your view and such.

We are going to try to make a very good gameplay.

There will be many more teams than in previous Dune games, and you will play as a different house than in any of the previous games. The game is not made by or with westwood(or EA), so it isn't the same game. Just based on the same idea.

Unlike other Dune games, this one will come with modding tools

1) I didn't mean, that 2-D is ugly. Sad, but the truth is, that "the mass" buys only eye-candish games.

2) Allmost every RTS game is rewieved as "the same old game..."

3) Good to hear, that you are adding more houses. Can you also add the subhouse thingies? Or are subhouses major houses in this game? :O

~~And then some hints~~

* Don't make so simply storyline as Westwood made.

* Fremens doesn't usually live in tents (If there is Fremens)

* Make it so, that you cannot buy/train impossible numbers of units ( Spaceship cannot contain impossible numbers of units ::) )

I will post more, when I invent something.

This game isn't created for the masses :) it's created for those who like Dune and a game they can mod.

In the game, the fremen live in sietches. Not in tents.

* Make it so, that you cannot buy/train impossible numbers of units ( Spaceship cannot contain impossible numbers of units )

Yeah, good idea.

General Response: SUPER!

1) Glad the topic is stickied ;D

2) Van, I looking forward to hearing you say "man the turrets" :P

3) The thing is, the Emperor is the only playable side right now. This firts version is a test, to see if there is interest and potential. If it works out, a second version will be made giving access to about half a dozen new houses, hopefully with a variant on the subhouse thingy.

4) Beta testers still needed ;)

5) I am planning to appeal to Gob for webspace very soon ;D

General Response: SUPER!

1) Glad the topic is stickied ;D

2) Van, I looking forward to hearing you say "man the turrets" :P

3) The thing is, the Emperor is the only playable side right now. This firts version is a test, to see if there is interest and potential. If it works out, a second version will be made giving access to about half a dozen new houses, hopefully with a variant on the subhouse thingy.

4) Beta testers still needed ;)

5) I am planning to appeal to Gob for webspace very soon ;D

i can beta test, and maybe make terrain, i have done it before. i am working on those textures for you, the models are excellent anders!