Sardaukar2k/New Dune Game

Inoculator9

Ok, as all the tilesets have had flaws when tested(because colors crashed into eachother), I will explain the very easy way to avoid this.

error.jpg

As you can see, although Ice cube's tiles looked nice, they didn't work as they should.

It's very easy to get your tiles look great in the editor!

Look at this tile:

noerror.jpg

It's enlarged to 800% its size for this little "tutorial".

All you have to do to make a good tile is to ensure that NO edge has both sand and rock on it.

Look at the red arrows.

This is a corner tile, and you can see that the rock reaches all the way to the corner.

I hope that this was a helping lesson for the great tile artists.

Btw, Nema. The engine only supports 16 tiletypes. That means that you can't make a corner that stretches over 2 or 3 tiles.

However, there will be put a random generator for tiles in the engine, so if you make two(or three) versions(modelled slightly differently), the engine will put random tiles of correct type in the editor.

"Btw, Nema. The engine only supports 16 tiletypes. That means that you can't make a corner that stretches over 2 or 3 tiles"

If you're asking if any of my tiles are more than one tile large, no. All the corners are a single tile. But, you can use the slanted tiles to make a longer corner - to avoid everything being at 90

I noticed.

However, for edges there will be great use of cliffs.

The rock tileset is only for the rock itself, and anywhere we might think cliffs will be just ruining. But I don't know if there are any places we will get the use of them.

Cliffs make the landscape look great. Greater than small tiles.

*ADDED*

Btw, I need the tilesets to look beautiful. They are extremely important!

Please work with your tiles to make them so good that you would've bought this game in the stores without noticing any flaws about it.

Sorry about changing the subject, but will there be lot of micro managing? Just curious.

[hide]No offense, but I can't believe it, if I see this game in stores... just because... this is rather funny... few Emperor fans are going to make... mercantile game! But I hope that I will see this on stores![/hide]

Sorry about changing the subject, but will there be lot of micro managing? Just curious.

[hide]No offense, but I can't believe it, if I see this game in stores... just because... this is rather funny... few Emperor fans are going to make... mercantile game! But I hope that I will see this on stores![/hide]

Umm I never got the impression that this would make it into a store. Unless the developers know some people that can distribute it.

I do hope to see it when it is finished though.

Great :)

I am currently working on getting word about the game out. I am currently in negotiations for a mention in the credits of the revised Miniseries editioin :P

But seriously... I have actually found a possibility for marketing Sardaukar2000 when it comes out ;D

Not sure, if Inoculator 9 really was serious.

EA has the rights to make a dune game based on the movies.

Cryo has the rights to make games based on the books.

Inoculator is making a dune game based on neither of them.

I'm no expert on this, but I think there are two problems with this. First of all, how can you say it is not based on either the movies or the books? I mean, what else is there to base it on? That's like saying, "I'm making a new Star Wars game, but it's not based on the movies or the books, so don't sue me!"

If you're using specific names, scenes, and other detailed ideas, they are probably intellecual works covered by at least one copyright. Rather than saying this game is doesn't inflict on the right of EA nor Cyro, I would lean more towards saying it would likely inflict on both of them, and possibly others (including book and movies rights).

The second problem is along the same lines. Not only must u not infringe on the copyrights of the book and the movies, but also all the commercial dune games already made. For this game to not be based on any of the movies, books, or games, it would have to have many differences, probably as many as it takes for it to not seem like it's in the dune universe at all.