Site Updates

Gobalopper

I have a question, why is it that when a thread I have not posted in or have seen yet has the new button, and I click it, it doesn't go to the first post? It goes to a post in the middle of the first post somewhere.

when you click on the thread name it will take you to the first post in that thread when you click on the new button, it will take you to the first post that you did not see in that thread. you can tell this by moving your mouse over both of them and look at your status bar.

Gob can you limit the number of characters for the title when people make a thread? Then less chance people will be viewing a topic that is long and less likely to screw up the "Who's Online" page. Just a suggestion. And yes there would still be enough characters to make a great title.

I also notice Gob that you are posting, but you do not appear online. Is this possible/normal?

There were still some errors that I had to fix which could be why those pages weren't working and I'm guessing the double posts came from people who kept hitting post when the page wasn't loading.

The website isn't likely to go down for six months and even if it did I can always redirect the DNS to point to another server. I also do regular backups of the site, you guys just worry too much.

Also Westwood Unleashed isn't on our server, we just share links to eachothers website. The only active sites on our server are Westwood Underground and CnC Universe.

Acriku you are going to have to explain that a little better, "It goes to a post in the middle of the first post somewhere." That doesn't make any sense, how can there be a post inside the first post?

And I don't know what you mean by breaking the page? If a thread subject is too long the page shouldn't break it just goes to the next line.

I also do regular backups of the site, you guys just worry too much.

And I don't know what you mean by breaking the page? If a thread subject is too long the page shouldn't break it just goes to the next line.

I worry to much. :)

And what I mean is that you might have to scroll down the page to see whos online, but not a biggie I guess.

Me trying to find little mistakes where I shouldn't be. :-

Ok, say there is a thread that I haven't looked at with 3 pages. The New button has been there since the thread's creation. If I were to click it, it wouldn't take me to the first or second post, it would take me to a seemingly random post on the first page.

On dune2k.com main page, when I click on generations link on the left, it says "Error Page Not Found." eithor there is no page on that now, or it is not working. If there is no page you should get rid of it.

Also on main page the http://www.cryo-networks.fr/ link doesnt work under developers section. So I see no point in it (at least being linked).

On ww-unleashed website they say they will have a new URL, so be on the look out whenever that happens(unless that is old news which I am assuming)

Just noticed that on any forum page at the top left corner the word "FED2k Discussion" is the same color as links are although it isn't a link. I know it is for look like the rest of the nonlinked words.(similiar as when at top ten recent posts when the board names were colored that way but no links that you "fixed")

The selection box around hte text when you click on somehting seems different, or maybe I'm spending to much time on here.

Thoughts for next time you update.

As for Acriku- I have tested somewhat, with threads I have not looked at, and they seem to work fine.

Just noticed that on any forum page at the top left corner the word "FED2k Discussion" is the same color as links are although it isn't a link. I know it is for look like the rest of the nonlinked words.(similiar as when at top ten recent posts when the board names were colored that way but no links that you "fixed")

The selection box around hte text when you click on somehting seems different, or maybe I'm spending to much time on here.

Thoughts for next time you update.

Thats just to make it look nice

I've never used ^-^ for an unimpressed comment, I would use a ::) for that but that also is the sarcastic one. I use the ^-^ jokingly and as a quip remark. But hey maybe I'm worng.... but lets not turn this in to a n00b / newbie thingy ^-^