Top 1000 ways to tell your too into Dune

Mahdi

533. You saw a slinky on the ground and screamed "Shai-Hulud!"

534. You then mounted that slinky and tried to ride it to town.

535. You have a dog and you force it to wear a stil-suit to prevent it wasting water.

536. You are astounded when people cry.

537. When you spill water you quickly clean it up with your tounge or mouth to prevent water from being wasted

538. You see your sister and scream "abomination!"

539. You watched the dune mini-series and saw the fremen with out stil-suits and almost called up Sci-Fi to complain about there un-accurate representation of fremen.

540. You stick foam rubber in tights and say it is your stil-suit

541. You run around in that stil-suit and have tubes up your nose.

543. Then you cover your mouth with black cloth with coffee filters in it.

542. You do not remove the stil-suit to go to relive your self because "it can handle a little urine"

544. It doesn't handle it and you still refuse to remove your stil-suit.

545. You are seriously considering surgury to make your eyes all blue.

546. Mhadi is a word you use frequently when you meet the new kid in the neighborhood.

547. You stop reading Ordos45's reasons because yourself a connoisseur of this list. (umpteen subtle variations on the same idea dont count)

548. You have shoes made to conserve water, specifically using catchpockets for footsweat.

549. When you go to the beach you irk everyone because you insist on cleaning the sand off yourself by hand. Why waste the water?

550. You drink seawater because, although it's bitter, it's free.

551. You actually know how to distill water from blood.

552. When someone calls you on picking your nose, you claim you are recycling your body's fluids.

553. You have memorized all the fremen fonts on the net, in case one of them is real.

554. You have an opinion on how Leto got Duncan to destroy all of the Harkonnen's spice reserves in Dune.

555. You wont watch Return of the Jedi without commenting on how the first part is such a ripoff of dune.

556. You design a complex Dune game that takes you more than 2 weeks, just to get the first draft of the rules down.

557. Your computer network consists of hosts named after Dune characters.

558. You have a spoofed IRC host of @dune.0wns.you.com on EFnet

559. You registered dune2k.com

560. You scoff at people who put cinnamon in their food as if it was spice. You have the real stuff, but you cant show anyone because the government is listening to your brainwaves. Shhh.

561. If it wasn't for Frank Herbert, you wouldnt have ever became an environmentalist. You probably wouldnt have gone to jail for cutting down palm trees either.

562. You got that one.

563. You insist that your girlfriend only bear daughters.

564. You move to Utah because of their lenience toward polygamy.

565. You are the only doctor in the emergency room with a tattoo on their forehead.

566. At times you arRe:Top 1000 ways to tell your too into Dune

• 7 months later...
Guest Ordos_Yogurt

567: You posted more than 75% on this discussion.

568: You a oppsessed with ordos (I am not)

569: You have someone write to you that you wrote of too many ways to tell that you're opsessed with dune.

[move]Ordos45: I'm pointing at you.       Ordos45: I'm pointing at you.            Ordos45: I'm pointing at you.     Ordos45: I'm pointing at you.     Ordos45: I'm pointing at you.     Ordos45: I'm pointing at you.     Ordos45: I'm pointing at you.     Ordos45: I'm pointing at you.     Ordos45: I'm pointing at you.     Ordos45: I'm pointing at you.     Ordos45: I'm pointing at you.     Ordos45: I'm pointing at you.     Ordos45: I'm pointing at you.     Ordos45: I'm pointing at you.     Ordos45: I'm pointing at you.     Ordos45: I'm pointing at you.     Ordos45: I'm pointing at you.     Ordos45: I'm pointing at you.     Ordos45: I'm pointing at you.     Ordos45: I'm pointing at you.     Ordos45: I'm pointing at you.     Ordos45: I'm pointing at you.     Ordos45: I'm pointing at you.     Ordos45: I'm pointing at you.     Ordos45: I'm pointing at you.     Ordos45: I'm pointing at you.     Ordos45: I'm pointing at you.     Ordos45: I'm pointing at you.     Ordos45: I'm pointing at you.     Ordos45: I'm pointing at you.     Ordos45: I'm pointing at you.     [/move]

Pointing at me? I think 75% is a little much.  More like 25% is what I think.  DOn't forget Ornithopter and Kwistatz Haderach.  Oh and due to a forum error when this was originally being added on there were way more than 570 reasons listed.  I'm not kidding look at the posts number.

571. You are on an island and once you look at all the water you fall onto your knees and you scream "Damn you all! Damn you all to hell!"

572. You downloaded all the Dune desktop themes

573. You jam to the soundtrack of Dune2000

574. You watch your teacher talk about the plans this week and think "Plans within plans within plans within plans"

575. You get expelled out of school for calling your teacher the Bene Gesserit Witch

576. You make a home-made Gom Jabbar and start hissing at strangers

577. You memorized the ranking system of the Harkonnens

578. You memorized the ranking system of the Atreides

579. You conquer the bull-riding machine because you think of it as riding Shai-Hulud

580. You eat a lot of garlic, bite on your teeth, then exhale sharply on your father, making him faint

581. You are an Emperor in the Dune2k forums

582. You think Dolly is a Tleilaxu Ghola

583. You never take a bath

584. You're part of the war of House KYA vs. House Setara

585. You know all the terminology in the back of Dune

586. You got to rank Emperor in less than a month

587. You have the Dune skin for your browser installed

588. You make an awesome site made just for Dune

589. You think NASA is the Guild

590. You're proud to say "My name is Moidib, and I am a dune fanatic"

591. You think the Reds are the Harkonnen and the Allies the Atreides

592. You sniff cinnamon

593. You are on the mailing list for all the sites about Dune

594. You turn in an English project with all the figurative devices pertaining to Dune (e.g. Pun - LetoII 'wormed' his way to cheat death)

595. You bought 10 copies of Dune2000 just because

596. You had dreams of Dune (you know who you are)

597. You check up on the Dune2k forums daily

598. You memorized Dune in 5 languages

599. You don't get any homework done because you spent all night posting in the forums

600. So you say to your teacher: "Shai-Hulud ate my homework"

[glow= purple]

600:  you ask girls at bars if they would like to participate in a spice orgey.

601: you put blue food cloring in water. drink it and pretend to go into convaltions in front of your friends.

602: you wish you had 3 card bord boxes filled with altiod boxes of spice. and wene ever you ran out the box would  refill it self.

603: You read the stargate dune crossover.

604: The cops arest you wene they suspect your selling crack but its only spice.

605: You argeu with the principul on why he wont tech the weiriding way.

606: you threten your friends life wene he says star wars is beter then dune.

607: you throw rocks at this friend.

608: your ordos yogert[/glow]

609: If you insalted barron 99

610:you have dune2k.com as your home page.

611: you love Westwood and hate all other none dune game making companys.

612: you send emails to westwood complaing on how the sandworms dont come often enough.

612: you debate rather the ordos is real or not

613: you think what would happen if  mau'dib faught darth vader.

614: you say mau'dib would win

615: you pelt rocks at those who say Darth vader would win.

616:you think Jaba the hutt is a failed sandworm.(insted of failed navigater)

617: you change the comeriacl. what would you do for a klindike bar to what would you do for a metric done of spice?

Haha you got censored! Anyways...

618. You get arrested for sniffing cinnamon

619. You jump on an officer shaking your rock-on-a-stick, yelling "Ya Hya Chouhada!"

620. You beat all campaigns on Hard

621. You spend countless hours making the 'Ultimate' building order

622. You downloaded Dune I and beat it without saving

623. You actually knew all the answers to Mahdi's trivias

624. Your home-made stillsuit can't come off and you don't care

625. You extract all the moisture out of your 'caca' for later

626. Your idol is Frank Herbert

627. You jump on the people who don't like Dune and start beating on their heads

628. You're astounded to find that you have to explain Dune to your friends

629. You never get tired of 'converting' people to the Duniverse

630. You laminated and framed each page of Dune and put them up in your room.

631. You too made a Guild heighnligner out of toilet paper holders.

632. Your big art 1 project was the cover of God Emperor of Dune in positive and negative space.

633. You have made your own weirding module out off junk parts.

634. You lick up the last drop of water in a glass of water.

635. You scream die Ixian scum...at the computer lab teacher.

636. You are posting on a month's old thread just to see if you can reach 1000.

637. You are reffered to by your friends as Guru of the Fremen,

640: You wear merchandise sporting the aforementioned 'Dune Attitude' slogans.

641: Not finding such merchandise in any store, you get it custom-made (there are, for instance, carts in NYC's Port Authourity Bus Terminal where you can get custom caps made in minutes).

642: You hold a toy laser pistol (lasgun) to your computer every time you use it (just in case it tries anything)

643: You immerse your grandfathers worm farm in water to make the 'water of life'

644: You try to breed trout that can live on land so you can recreate Dune in your backyard

645: You call your arch nemesis Baron or Feyde

646: You become convinced schzophrenics are Bene Gesserits

647: You want to study the language of the Islamayat

648: You turn your garden into a prize-winning dustbowl

649: You use your scientific calculator as a poison snooper

650: You demand people to call you duke, baron or emperor

651: You call yourself Muad'dib  ;)

652: You continually compare your looks to Paul Atreides

Phew! I hope no-one's thought of these yet, I didn't have time to look over the whole thread

Guest Salik(Ggeshino)

653. You try to influence people using the "voice"

654. You love Dune, and know why you love it

655. You love Star Wars and Dune

656. You get bored with normal, dull, mundane, life draining- activities that seem uninspired, and wish for something more(nothing wrong there)

657. You love Star Wars, Dune, and The Lord of the Rings, and dream of Fremen Hobbit Jedi's

[glow=green,2,300]658.you sprinkle water on your computer in order to get rid of a worm virus.

659. you tried to pay for the first edition dune you found on e-bay with cinnamon

660.if you made the worm virus,you titled it "wrath of leto II"(i have much better grammer than ex, if you've noticed   ;D[/glow]

[glow=blue,2,300]661. You move slowly and carefully when walking through your house so as not to attract any worms.[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]662. You spit at your friends as a sign of respect.[/glow]

[glow=yellow,2,300]663. You sip your juice slowly to save it.[/glow]

664: You draw up detailed schematics for any of the armor units (bonus points for the Ordos hover units)...

665: ...and submit them to, for instance, General Dynamics Land Systems (the makers of the Abrams MBT)

666: If you work for GDLS or any other maker of armored vehicles and receive such a proposal, you put it through channels for serious consideration...

667. You submitted over 100 reasons on this thread already once.

668. Your name is part of a House.

669. You pretend your the Fremen James Bond.

670. You are sure this list will be completed.

671. You see a trout flop onto land and say "little maker" in awe and then pray to it.

672. You have fish for dinner and ask what fish are.

673. Instead of using a red marker you put red,2,300 in front of your writing.

674. When you draw a smiley face on paper you expect it to suddenly change into a nice happy face icon.

675. When you see words underlined on paper you touch them with your finger expecting to be taken somewhere.

(Sven...are you on crack?)

676. You are on first-name basis with the Emperor Team

677. You convince your friends to sniff cinnamon

678. You wear a shirt, saying "Got Spice?"

679. You wear the shirt with pride

680. You have a Dune bookbag

681. You actually wear it to school

682: You start a petition to have inkvine fluid added to the internationally-recognized list of inhumane weapons.

683: You wear black utilities, boots, and trenchcoat (tactical gloves optional) to school/work - the ersatz-Sardaukar look.