War or Peace on Friday?

War, probably. if there is war, we will probably be hit before friday. peace, i doubt it. the only good thing is we might not have to go to school. i hope my town doesnt get nuked. then, my friends would die fast and i would die slow from radiation in the country. :( :-

That is what I presume.

(From before my first post.) If we wanted to get technical on the US nuking him, it would be against a lot of international treaties. However according to these nice programs the government has been running to tell us why we should be scared of non-Americans I saw a loophole. Apparently a country can fill normal missiles with radioactive pellets and rain that sort of nuclear destruction upon a target, legally under international law. Don't you love Government controlled TV?

War is inevitable. It's just a matter of when. Both sides are preparing for war for quite some time. The US knew Iraq would never let weapons inspectors everywhere, and plan to go to war based on that. Iraq knew they would, too. Bush has been readying the world for war for quite some time. Hussein has just finished a new propaganda campaign, which included a children's day, the release of political prisoners who weren't executed, and an election in which Uncle Saddam won 100% of the votes! ROFL. The purpose of this recent string of lies is obviously to get his country behind him.

I think it's for the better. Many will die, but the Iraqis will finally be free.

Good points, Ace. I agree with you. Here's a passage from Lao-tzu's Tao Te Ching (Stephen Mitchell, HarperCollins Publishers, 1988) for you to contemplate:

Weapons are the tools of violence;

all decent men detest them.

Weapons are the tools of fear;

a decent man will avoid them

except in the direst necessity

and, if compelled, will use them

only with the utmost restraint.

Peace is his highest value.

If the peace has been shattered,

how can he be content?

His enemies are not demons,

but human beings like himself.

He doesn't wish them personal harm.

Nor does he rejoice in victory.

How could he rejoice in victory

and delight in the slaughter of men?

He enters a battle gravely,

with sorrow and with great compassion,

as if he were attending a funeral.

What is this war really about and who will benifit from it the most. When this war is over will America next go to war with any of the other "axis of evil" memebers? North Korea admits to having nuclear weapons and America wants to attack Iraq for the assumption that it does have nuclear weapons. I mean do not get me wrong but something here smells like horse manure. Bagdad will look like Paris after the Germans left in 1944 is this is what will happen?

If the war is sanctioned by the UN, they can go right ahead and kick Saddam's ass. Not that it will do any good to anyone outside Iraq, but at least the Iraqi people will be free.

Saddam isn't stupid. If he has nukes, he can't use them unless he wants to see a mushroom cloud over every single Iraqi city. Ever heard of COUNTERSTRIKES?

Biological weapons, on the other hand, are a totally different matter. It's them that we should worry about.

Do not speak of thermonuclear missiles lightly. They carry a danger even higher than biological and not because of their destructiveness. If Iraq uses its weapons on US - US will use its missiles on Iraq and then the countries supporting Iraq will use their missiles on US - then the countries supporting US will use their missiles on the countries supporting Iraq. And in the end, we all lose.

Al it takes is one madman - one man insane enough to give the first command and turn Earth into an orb of mushroom clouds.