War or Peace on Friday?

Personal interest must not come before the interest of Humanity.

We are Human. We are ONE.

They must, but they don't.

Interest of Humanity - defien the term. Is it the interest of every single person, group or all humans? Because US is not the whole "humanity", and it is the interest of US to protect itself, not of humanity.

My idea of interest of humanity - a deadly plague that can wipe out all life on Earth, nuclear war, or something like that.

I never said anything about the US, or any other country for that matter. Countries are an obsolete concept, serving only to create war and strife between humans.

Interest of Humanity... it goes something like this:

Humanity is suffering due to overpopulation. So it is in the best interest of Humanity that I do not reproduce. Therefore I decide not to have children.

(well, at least that's how I think)

Ever seen the movie K-Pax? Pretty funny actually. It's an alien, that travels to earth to study humans and etc. On their planet, they have no "law", like we do. They have no family, only relatives. They learn from everyone. First their "parents", then they move to their "parents friends" and study there, and so it goes on. You should actually see it, i liked it pretty much!

Anyways. Remember, the evil that is here on this planet is created by us humans, not by God. If we can kill, we can also save. If we can destroy, then we also can build. If we can create evil, we can also undo it. This also means that we cannot create anything, ANYTHING that is greater than, for example, God. God created us, he can also undo us. The problem is, that there is too much hate in people. There seems to be too much hate that you just can't just forget it. I really hope one day that everyone somehow will be happy. Ironically, humans had it best of the best in Butlerian Jihad, when the machines served humans. Too bad they got "too much inteligence" to them...

I value "the world" like this, if you're interested:

1. God.

2. Love. (girlfriend, friends, family, animals (my cat))

3. Myself

:P

Edric, do we ever agree with eachother? ;)

Vigil, have you ever heard of the many trained soldiers going through days and months of torture, while only saying rank and serial number? They died for this country, putting themselves on a lower priority! So don't tell ME that humanity is like that.

Vigil take off the Puritan mask and please try to see good in atleast some of humanity. Are you telling me those soldiers withstood that torture and then died, for glory? You, sir, are mistaken. They died to protect our country, the great US, to keep the enemy from finding out the secrets that will turn the tides of the war.

Our world is corrupt. Yes. But does not a batch of fertilizer sprout beautiful flowers?

Soldiers die because it is their job - kill and die. BTW, what war are you talking about? WWII? I can tell you - not a lot of US soldiers died in that war. I am from Russia, and it is us who fought and won the war against Germany. 20 million russian soldiers died in that war - they fought not to protect their country, but to protect their families.

The soldiers job is to take orders. Not kill. Not die. Please do not belittle the heroic job of being a soldier by lowering it to the standards of "kill and die". And if this sparks someone to post about the horrible things soldiers did, like rape, murder civilians intentionally, etc, I am fully aware of those acts so posting them would not be very informative. I am not talking about the WWII, but the Vietnam War, Korean War, and so on.

Vietnam and Korean wars were not heroic acts - they were useless, they were not fought to protect US interests but to stop communism from spreading. Technically, US just meddled in the affairs of those two countries to strengthen their position against Soviet Union. Do not make a heroic deed out of Cold War, it was a war between two countries who thought too much of themselves and wanted to spread their ideals to the rest of the world.

Vigil, do you have a need to reply to something I never said? I never said those wars were heroic acts, all I said was that a soldier's job, or atleast in the US, is highly honorable. The fact is, those wars were WARS, the reason for fighting is not relevant right now. Some soldiers were captured, tortured, and then killed trying to get information from them. And those soldiers put themselves to the 2nd, 3rd, possibly 4th or 5th, priority. That is what I am talking about.