War or Peace on Friday?

Vigil why are you trying hard to belittle those acts of heroism and acts of saving our country? Think about it. You are being given the most pain you've ever had in your life, and without mercy. Your mind screams for a little lenience, your body can't take anymore. Yet you keep your mouth shut, save for your rank and serial number. And don't forget the tortured pow's that were sent back to America, so they weren't going to always die anyways.

There were some that did keep their mouth shut. You said it yourself just now. That group is who I am talking about. You don't have to be a war buff to know what I am talking about, it's common sense really.

SOME. Some, not all, not even the majority. That is not enough to make up for the rest of the human population, which is evil and would truly sell their souls if they ever got the chance.

Some is not enough to prove that humans are not evil in nature.

You protect your country because your family lives there. Think of all your friends, all the beautiful things, being wasted in one second of an atomic bomb, just because YOU gave them information of how to do it. Then we can argue differently. Would you do the same if it were, say, aliens that captured you? In a scenario where it is war between aliens and humans?

Vietnam and Korean wars were not heroic acts - they were useless, they were not fought to protect US interests but to stop communism from spreading. Technically, US just meddled in the affairs of those two countries to strengthen their position against Soviet Union. Do not make a heroic deed out of Cold War, it was a war between two countries who thought too much of themselves and wanted to spread their ideals to the rest of the world.

Technically, those weren't even wars. Vietnam was one we interefered in, but a declaration of war was never issued. It was labelled as a conflict officially.

As for the Korea war, there is a little organization called the United Nations. It was interested in stopping a little thing you might have heard about in history class called Communism. (Actually if I've guessed your age right without looking at your profile you've lived part of your life under Communism.) The United Nations wanted to stop the spread of Communism in Korea and the United States was used as an "Executive Agent". That pretty much means we supplied most of the UN troops, while other countries didn't send nearly as many. Guess what, I've heard it called the "Forgotten War" because almost no one over here remembers it. In reality it was a "Police Action" under UN Authority.

Now as for the Soviets winning World War Two. I love it when people say that, because it is pretty much true. The US when it became involved in the war did promise to open up a second front in Europe. By the time the US (and others) landed in Normandy the Soviet Union was already pushing the Germans back towards Berlin. However, even while I seem to be bashing my own country, let me remind you of the generous monetary donations to the Soviet Union, as well as deliveries of equipment. At a meeting in Tehran, Stalin actually praised the US for giving him 5000 planes in a shipment.

Okay one last thing about the mushroom cloud jokes. Despite any rumors to the contrary the United States is the only country EVER to use nuclear weaponry against another country.

(Strange we question the 300 thousand-ish deaths caused by two atomic bombs over Japan, yet we never question Dresden. Dresden was a city bombed in Germany, the refugees from nearby bombed areas had streamed to it. After one night of normal bombing 315,000 civilians died at Dresden.)

(Sorry have to go now, my dad wants on the computer.)

The U.N had to intervine in Korea. If they had not it would be another steping stone for comunist troops in asia. If we had let them have South Korea. Comunist forces could have easily leapfroged over to japan and taken over. IF that were to happen the entire pacific ocean would have to be threatened. That would not be good.

And not only dose North Korea posses Nukes they posses bioligiocal and chemical weapons.

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/dprk/index.html there is my link

Not sure if this will have any bearing on the UN's decisions, but the United States has made an appointment to appear before the United Nations Security Council on the grounds that Iraq moved hostile forces into the No-Fly Zone and has repeatedly fired against US and UK planes (actually more than one dozen times since the latest UN resolution) patrolling it.

These hostile actions are

a breach of U.N. resolution 1441, Section 8, which says "Iraq shall not take or threaten hostile acts directed against any representative or personnel of the United Nations or ... any member state taking action to uphold any Council resolution."

The quote was taken from http://www.cnn.com

Ordos, the reason the UN fought in Korea was because of US influence. Technicly Russia had veto right, but they were in the middle of a UN boycot (because of the issue with China).

And as I recall none of the Soviet countries accepted marshall aid. This was because Russia made them refuse it.

Communism better than capitalism if it worked. BAH!!!!

It would be if it worked and don't argue. Communism in theory - all people are completely equal - no poverty - no corruption. It will never work, but if it did it would be much better than the corrupt and greedy capitalism.