A Sniper is Terrorizing the US

emprworm

Indeed, this is a terrible, terrible string of events. To me, the demographics of the victims doesn't matter in this kind of situation. If was some guy raping and murdering a girl, then IMO, the younger, the more dispicable. But nobody stands a chance against this guy. When you're in a scope from 200 yards away, it doesn't matter how old you are.

However, when you kill a child, you deprive them of the chance to grow up, do good, and be something, so in that respect it's worse.

But back on topic. Has any one opperd the idea that this could be a "terrorist" plot ?

I would highly doubt it. I thought it might be until the tarot card discovery. It would be a message of Jihad or something, not a grim reaper death card with "I am God" written on it. Heck, the statement "I am God" in itself is contrary to Islam. From what the psycological profilers have been saying, it is likely that he is a sadist who uses murder as a heroin. They are saying that this is one of the worst possible psyche for a killer because, once you've had that first shot of heroin, you're addicted. Essentially, they say this guy will continue to murder until he is caught.

Indeed, this is a terrible, terrible string of events. To me, the demographics of the victims doesn't matter in this kind of situation. If was some guy raping and murdering a girl, then IMO, the younger, the more dispicable. But nobody stands a chance against this guy. When you're in a scope from 200 yards away, it doesn't matter how old you are.

However, when you kill a child, you deprive them of the chance to grow up, do good, and be something, so in that respect it's worse.

But back on topic. Has any one opperd the idea that this could be a "terrorist" plot ?

I would highly doubt it. I thought it might be until the tarot card discovery. It would be a message of Jihad or something, not a grim reaper death card with "I am God" written on it. Heck, the statement "I am God" in itself is contrary to Islam. From what the psycological profilers have been saying, it is likely that he is a sadist who uses murder as a heroin. They are saying that this is one of the worst possible psyche for a killer because, once you've had that first shot of heroin, you're addicted. Essentially, they say this guy will continue to murder until he is caught.

well put.

why? why is it worse to kill a kid than an adult? we are all human, regardless of age. I am not saying it isn't sad, and that the guy deserves the worst punishment that can be given, but it is just as sad for the kids who's parents or grandparents have been killed as it would be for the parents of the kids that have been.

its cause children are more defenseless, but every victim has been.

i dont really know ???

It's human nature to protect the young, it has to do with a little somethign called survival of the speciesw. Same thng with the "womenandchildren first". It only takes oneman to help re-populatethe earth,but it'd takea hell of a lot mroe women and kids.

He shoots his victims from a very long distance- perhaps 50 meters or more!

50m? That is nothing. Even weaker sniper rifles (Winchester .300 for example) have accurate range upto 300m, better ones (Beretta .50 browning) around 700m. If he was shooting from 50m, they probably would have seen him...You could shoot accurately at 50m with a high powered pistol, lol.

Is he using a silencer? What sort of weapon is he using?

My money is on him being a Jihad believer

C&C generals sums up this whole situation ans what we are heading for. This world is about to start being held hostage by random terrorists. This is one guy, imagine what this would do if it were a hundred people all over the world. Once again ladies and gentleman you can thank religion for creating this episode of events. When will the world wake up and see that any religion causes division in this world.

If it was Jihad leader then would it makes sense to shoot government officials?

Like that Vassili Zaitsev, the Russian Sniper in 2nd WW, he created a media frenzy that demorilised the German army by dropping high ranked german officers. The random shootings and the his victims doesnt demonstrate Jihad order.

Maybe he/she is practicing so that they can hit someone at a VERY long distance. Say... the President behind his guards?

Pardon my saying so, but if only. If killing Bush meant bringing those people back to life I know I wouldn't hesitate...

Or maybe the tarot card is to throw us off eh? Maybe he a Jihad believer, but smart enough to put a distracting card to detract them from the truth. Who knows...

And I think the media is putting too much into this, it's all over the tv for crying out loud! This could inspire copycats and other killers...