why....

Krazyorse

tell me why there's still so few players on emperor..i see there's as much as redalert 1!!!

emperor is the best rts !i see a lot of players who are back after playing warcraft3..they leave emperor for play it but ,the best add on of warcraft2(lol) has boring them quickly.

so why there's no more players on emperor..

i see the ranks on the other westwood games .dune2000 , redalert1 & 2 ,command&conquer are PLAY MUCH THAN EMPEROR!!!!!!!!

tell me why!

i've played redalert1 command&conquer 5 or 6 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!and i could say u that emperor is better better better ..so i can't understand that people prefers playingthe other games than emperor..

we have to make publicity??

see u

I think the biggest thing keeping the players away are the goddamn cheaters.

Pushing themself up the ladders, multinicking and dccheating is driving all the players away from emp.

I hope it will change a little when the blacklist is workin.

And like you said noone knows about emp, i told 4 friends of mine about emp, they played it en they loved it. 2 of them bought the game.

People have to know emp to buy it, so i think this game is loooooong from dead.

Man cerb quit your bitching about all the good players leaving, there are enough good players left: elite, krazyors, freerunz, hydrodoc, aviade, ace etc etc and it seems mendelbop and camieu are back as well.

And this game really isnt that dead, when i try to get a game (round 22.00 GMT) i usually get a game within a minute.

So i think your a bit to negative.

hummmmmmmmmm i smell the flame cerb...

who was the best players??

i see a lot of best players in the ladders now..

i can say u that the level of the players in emperor is growing up!

the emperor of this month is stronger than an emperor of september 2001!!but it's my opinion..i 've not said that the firsts emperors are bad.but i think that at the begining noone knows really all the strat in this game..and U and ME were not really beginner but not old players and the top players seems us very strong or unbeatable!!

cause we were not as good as now!

now all the elite players are very good and knows well their best houses!

so i can't let u saying "U should be enjoying the ladder now with all the best players gone" to me.......

see u

Man cerb quit your bitching about all the good players leaving, there are enough good players left: elite, krazyors, freerunz, hydrodoc, aviade, ace etc etc and it seems mendelbop and camieu are back as well.

And this game really isnt that dead, when i try to get a game (round 22.00 GMT) i usually get a game within a minute.

So i think your a bit to negative.

thats more like a buddy list..

Heheh, me being one of them. ;D

The only thing that might make me stay away (at least for some time) are morons and idiots that can't hack losing, start flaming, and that always choose the same map and go with the same partner because they are used to owning people when they call the shots. ::)

The game evolves abviously and some people learn slow like u krazy. Back in september u were getting ur ass whooped by people who had the game the same length of time as u. Its what u make of the game each month u play.-->most got bored and left to play a active game with players.

With only about 50 active qm players need i say more? OK whatever u say it is better now. ;)

"and U and ME were not really beginner"

eh? Uv been nothing more than a newb until last month. When did u start playing this game anyway? I started in september got 3rd hark and 1st in november. Maybe u need a history lesson or maybe i just misunderstand ur posts at times.

Back when it was alive u needed 700 points to win the ladder and around 400 points for top 50-40 just look at the ladder now...

Back when it was alive u needed 700 points to win the ladder and around 400 points for top 50-40 just look at the ladder now...

all the ladders are, is the same 10-15 ppl playing with themselves under different names :P

the real games are in skirmish. ;D 8)

hey cerb keep cool

i play this game since 1 year (september i think) but i've not play a lot of qm and i played hark..i'm better with atre i think..

but unlike to u i m not praise me!

i've been in the 10 top hark during months...but u not look my name it's all....

and some months i've played only bc..

but u re right , u r GOD!!!!!!!!!!u r the best player who've ever been on emperor!!

sorry master i'm just a little player......... ;)

don't hit me... ;)

I agree with cerb, almost all the good players have gone. Some have stayed and still get better, but most have left. If people like earedil, d3kdragon, kebabshop, dplasma and k0bratank were still here, things would be different. It's not only the good players, but also the average players that served as stepping stones to the best. When you have 300 crappy players and 50 good ones, only the 50 good ones will get matched together, so they wont play much and the average number of points to win will be significantly lower.

The only reason I'm not totally bored of the game (yet) is because I use different houses to make things interesting. I'm not shockingly good with any house, though I'd say ordos is my best, so I tend to spread myself thin.

I think a major reason Emperor has few people is because it had a low key advertising campaign. I only heared about the game because I visted westwood's website. I bought it the moment I saw it in a store, but I never heared any commercials announcing its release.

This game is a lot of fun, I really like RTS games and Emperor must be the best RTS I have played. Basically I would blame the low player volume on two things:

1. The game was ahead of it's time (just like the YF23:) and thus was'nt recognized by the mass public

2. It barely had an advertising campaign.

I think a major reason Emperor has few people is because it had a low key advertising campaign. I only heared about the game because I visted westwood's website. I bought it the moment I saw it in a store, but I never heared any commercials announcing its release.

This game is a lot of fun, I really like RTS games and Emperor must be the best RTS I have played. Basically I would blame the low player volume on two things:

1. The game was ahead of it's time (just like the YF23:) and thus was'nt recognized by the mass public

2. It barely had an advertising campaign.

YF23 ? it had no campaign besides a website.

YF23 ? it had no campaign besides a website.

I am talking about the real aircraft, so I don't think the internet was public at the time of its consideration by the US military. It competed against the (then) YF-22, but failed because the YF-22 was more conventional and the chief of staff were'nt prepared for the new technologies represented in the YF-23. In that way the YF-23 was much like Emperor, which was about a year ahead of it's time.

Same here, i saw it on ra2, and was like wow. So really all the ra2 players saw emperor, and alot i bet bought it. Problem was that emp is completely different from ra2, so must didnt want to evolve into a new style of playing. I cant play ra2 now, its way to simple for me, so i bet its the same fopr ra2 players, emp is prob way to different for them.

I have said it before, have to say it again...

Emperor (even though a great game) is a failure as a westwood project. For some reason, it never really had more than like 10 000 players, which was halved every month... until reaching the count of less than 500 players still sticking to it.

I miss to good old times when there were like 20 people in the chatroom, 700 points in the ladder, people that had the preordered units and those that didn't, great players like d3kdragon and even cerb... Now 450 points is enough for hark #1, sad...

Maybe I should make a map or two for emp again... just for good old times sake :) You still taking maps to your site, gob?