Emperor expansion pack

Ghosty_Square

Here goes for my ideas, but remember I have NOT read all 6 pages of this post so if somehting has already been said please forgive me.

1. Instead of removing the Atreides why not make it 4 playable Houses?

1a. If you just have to remove them, why not make the Atreides a Sub-House instead.

2. How about a unit that is an area effect protection from Superweapons. Not so large an area that everything can be protected but it will salvage some of your hard earnd units.

3. How about a unit that really uses the sand to full effect in that it can truly bury itself in the sand (anywhere) to ambush units as they pass by. Not a stealth unit but a unit for surprise attack. Not too powerful either as they will get a few shots off first.

4. How about making the Harvesters look different for this new House. This is a pet-peeve of mine but most desingers do not put enough into making distinctions in the units that harvest. Seems odd that every race on every planet would come up with the same exact unit.

5. How about a unit that moves into position and lays down a flamable substance then ignites it killing himself but it would be an area effect weapon and last (i.e. burn) for say 7 seconds or so doing constant damage for units in the area.

6. Allow sheilding or more armor on Construction Yard so it last longer under fire. I think it should be the toughest building in the game.

Enough for now. Accept, Disregard, or Modify as you see fit.

Spoot

Ok ghosty, I agree. Make a frigate instead of the Q-Carryall. But what will it do? It would be easier if you finally sent me the aircraft descriptions, so I could remember what the Iron Griffin does. Then I could give that Frigate an ability/weapon that wouldn't risk being redundant or overpowered.

Spoot:

1. We settled the Atreides problem long ago, sorry.

2. Just remember that the Corrino and Ordos superweapons will be units, not abilities.

3. We already have one: The Ordos Sand Mine.

4. I don't know... ask ghosty how hard it would be.

5. Ghosty also had a similar idea... maybe that Corrino Frigate could shoot this sort of stuff?

6. I don't think so. MCVs are rather cheap and low-tech.

No, I think we shouldn't give the frigate a weapon, but more armor than usual adv.carryalls.

As for the harvester, why make any different one? Anyway, if Edric O agrees we can use some xbf files of the sandcrawlers, sand factories etc to replace the common harvester graphics. New graphics cannot be made.

As for the unit descriptions, Edric O I think you should reconsider all of the units (except for the sabotage 'thopter). For example, one of the new air units would fire shells. This was both unrealistic but also a useless weapon. Dropping bombs is much more convenient and packs the same explosive power. I suggest you make the air units in the same way WW made them: each house has an air-to-air units and an air-to-ground unit.

I was thinking that an machingun thopter could be interesting...or perhaps if you include the Atreides a surgical strike Air drone..ie:fires one missile to take out one unit before returning to pad/charging ammo if former reload possibility is unavailable..

i think if you include the Atreides as a sub-house you should give them the ''proffesional'' <really long ranged and kills any inf in one shot...but takes twice as long to aim and 4 times as long to reload..is about 3 times more expensive and takes 8 times longer to build in other words a more dramatic version of their original sniper> sniper, one of the above air units aswell as the camo apc since sub-houses are now having 3 units....i think this would be good because Atreides is supposedly a house with inf and air superiority so this suits them..also their survival would of course be based upon their capabilities to remain hidded so it also fitting that their camouflaged apc remains and another reason for their sniper to remain

as for finding a better way to edit the xbf files....well good luck but i doubt you'll find any editing software/program so you'll just have to nit-pick around the nookies a bit and test making units in different ways...

for eg: the tele carryall does not tele...why not make a guild niab, give it carryall graphices and then give it the capability to pass over all forms of terrain...assuming that since an APC cannot be made to fly no ground units can so this probably wont work however it is just a suggestion/ example

hmmmm....but perhaps then instead of a tele-carryall you could have some other form of a flying tele unit...like makke it an gunship or something add Adv Carryall graphics give it a gun turret and call it a frigate as suggested or even better you could just take the niap flyer and give it a weapon....

Any opinion on my suggestion for Atreides units... i think it would make them a very interesting sub-house since the units are neither conventional or powerful

Ghosty:

Reconsidering the air units won't take long, I already have enough ideas in my head. I'll send you an email with the descriptions later today.

Also, I agree with your idea for the Corrino Frigate. Give it lots of armor and the ability to carry 3 units at once, but make it slow and expensive.

Ok what about my ideas cant you at least give me a 'no' or a 'yes' at least?What about the next tleilaxu unit i mean its no fun with them anymore they're useless to me now it takes like 1 hour to get alot of them by using their weapon once i had to many and i had to use up all my teams, well anyways can't you give me any idea of what the new tleilaxu will be??????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

[This message has been edited by amiforit (edited 01-26-2002).]

The frigate should carry only one unit. The armor is already a big advantage. If the frigate is carrying an APC with engineers then the other guy will need heavy AA if he wants to stay in the game. With a standard carryall it was easy to shoot it down. Now the frigate will greatly increase the need for AA with its massive armor. There is no need to make it carry 3units.

In addition, I think some1 should paint textures for the Corrino buildings. I was planning to use the pre-existing sardaukar buildings' textures but I think it would be better to have our own textures. Furthermore, since we 're gonna include a video, why not include new music tracks for the Corrinos?

Hello everyone,

I was ill and I 've spent 3days in bed.

Edric O, would you really mind if the mod release date is delayed????

Nema, I 'm not planning to include 12 new tracks but 2. If anyone is willing to make 'em of course.

Of course units will get ranks and bonuses-just like any other unit.