Emperor expansion pack

Ghosty_Square

well it bit late to be joining in the discussion, i just cant beleive ya getting ride of the lovely old atreides. man those minos are gods gift to mankind. oh well i suppose all good things must come to an end. oh and if atreides go u have ruined my manual i was writing :)

Guest Ichwan Bedwine

It's been a good long time since I've posted. This looks great though. It may make me want to play BFD again, possibly, maybe, likely...

Well, in the end it looks like we'll give AA capability to the D-turret.

Also, The Harkonnen MSG has been removed. So were the Mercenaries (the 6th subhouse). One of their units (the Thief Harvester, I haven't posted about it on the mod page yet) will be given to the Harks to replace the MSG.

It's a stealthy harvester. You can use it to steal spice from enemy fields right under their nose. It doesn't call for Carryalls, so it doesn't give itself away. It has less armour, but much more speed than an ordinary Harvester.

Here is how the mine will be:

To prevent players from using the mine as inflitrators and putting them in the way of vehicles, the mines will:

1)Move extremely slowly (to counter this, you can load 'em into APCs)

2)Can't self-destruct. Units must step on the mine to detonate it.

Apart from that, mines are very expensive and take a long time to build. To detect mines, one of your units must stand next to one of them. If so, then the mine will appear on your radar but still cannot be seen. To prevent players from using a cheap army of scouts to detonate mines, infantrymen, trikes and dustscouts can't trigger mines.

Furthermore, since the Corrinos won't have the ability to send infantry back to barracks, their new house advantage will be this: corrino scouts will be able to unstealth enemy units at 2x the normal unstealth range of other scouts.

ok guys, hate to burst your bubble, but ordos is gonna be WAY too powerful. It has too much deviator stuff. The deviator turret with longer range than a pop-up turret AND shoots at air is gonna be just unbalanced. No matter how powerful the vehicle is stupid deviator turrets will take them over in 1 shot. The deviator infantry are WAY too powerful, i can see sending a scout in first to make the vehicles waste their firepower then using d-infantry to take over vehicles! A better idea for d-infatry would be the ability to deviator infantry and NOT vehicles. Or another cool idea would be a unit deviate ONLY buildings - this would stop the production of vehicles for a limited time (and of course give you the ability to build for a limited time) or not allow harvesters to dock their spice in the ref etc. etc.

(If you had d-infantry which deviate 1 infatry at a time, plus fast reload rate, it would prevent ordos from being crushed by groups of sards.)

For that Saboteur you were talking about, i think it should be a rather fast moving unit which can attack anything with reasonable explosive force, but the catch is - due to the explosives he has on board, he would detonate from any injury at all.

I think all vehicles (including Trikes and Dust Scouts) should trigger it. It explodes instanteniously, right?

Anyway, it should be very cheap, around 400 solaris or so. Remember it's a one-time use unit! We mustn't repeat WW's mistake of making suicide units too expensive to be cost-effective.

Your idea about the saboteur razorox is good and I was already planning to do that (sorry Edric I didn't tell you about it).

But both d-troopers and d-turrets will be as inaccurate as the deviator. Which means fast vehicles can escape VERY easy. In addition to that they will be expensive. For instance the d-troopers will cost around $550 and you will always need to tech up to starport to get 'em. In other words they 're a cheaper and faster alternative to deviators. No way to rush with them...

well what about making atreides as a subhouse , i know you said to forget about it but im just asking this one question what putting atreides as a subhouse and giving them the mino and the kinjal so some atreides fans will have their happiness back like me. The story could be like there were a few atreides survivors and they slowly crept to allying with....but they have lost many of there unit technology ....

its just a thought im not forcing you and i dont want to be annoying.

Guest eld2clx

-=blah blah blah=-

question: how many units are the subhouses limited to? r u gonna add more.... that way u can throw those atriedes units to misc subhouses....

can u make new subhouses...without taking out old ones. Since u said something about Edrico deciding whether to replace smugglers with atreides, i'm guessing u limited to the original amount of subhouses...

anyways...if u still need icon designing, email me...minotarus2k@yahoo.com...

but send me the icons / or a link to them, cause i am not going to go hunting for them...

also...don't the icons have to resemble the actual unit in game? how's that gonna be possible?

[This message has been edited by eld2clx (edited 01-20-2002).]

Ghosty, what's the point of making the Saboteur like a souped-up Cuban Terrorist? Remember it's supposed to be a SUPERWEAPON now.

If you really want the Corrinos to have a Frigate, you can make the Iron Griffin a frigate instead of a flyer. Or you could make the Quantum Carryall a Quantum Frigate.

Giving the Tleilaxu that Walker is a great idea, but I don't know about the Living Turrets... I don't think subhouses should give you defensive buildings.

I thought we agreed on giving Feyd a powerful and rather long-range plasma gun. Besides, the Harks have enough anti-infantry units, they don't need another one!

You shouldn't make pointless disadvantages that cannot be made useful for other houses to make a unit seem fair....

ie:For example the spice remover: if it dies it's chemichal explosion hurt's nearby units...a harvest destroying unit us one of those units you send in the beggining, whilst you're main force is busy elsewhere, to annoy the enemy and so the explosion means very little...however if the explosion is big enough then no one will use it in the first place making it either unfair or useless...unless you find the right balance :D i mean they are so expensive yet so stinky that when use a bad BO it becomes a pun

I regret making Feyd that way, cos he 'll be somewhat overpowered. So forget about it. As for the tleilaxu they 'll be given linin turrets and also tleilaxu walkers (those units appear also in campaigns and are deadly suicide units).

As for the explosion it will be really big and there will also be a chemical "cloud", similar to the death hand radiation.

hmmmmm....a death hand sized explosion will surely do the trick... :D only prob is then there will be very few units who can destroy it without being harmed...also people could use it as a suicide unit..obsoleting the one good thing you threw in for the telaxue:their walker.....

you should really update the info on subhouses on you're site cos last time i checked there was zip on them...for example the price of the spice destroy could counter it's supposed secondary use as a suicide unit....however i don't know how much it's gonna cost so i cant say

As for the Ordos D weapons....they both sound to make the Ordos a better lategame choice

D-Trooper:you only get em when you get a starport...kinda like a serious version of the deviator tank since he's a lot cheaper and thus VERY useful....but lategame units should be VERY useful eitherwise why would anyone want a starport in the first place if all they're gonna get is low quality units that cost alot

D-Turet:this is getting a bit close to the unfair side because of it's AA capabilities....it will be totally invulnerable to air units this way since it utilises the most powerful shot possible against them which can't miss unless prefired since air units don't move very often when firing at a unit...either this or air units will be able to outmanouver it's shot anyway creating once again another useless or unfair situation....to regulate this i suggest giving the pop-up turret anti-air capability....which would create a perfectly balanced turret...useless to ground units due to embarrasing range but capabable of trashing air units completely creating a sort of AA turret for the Ordos which is giving them what they want whilst remaining true to the game.....

...as for that'D turret' is useless remark..i beg to the contrary....yes it's bullet won't catch any units but most hark units have turret's that only fire forwards forcing them to stand still for some time whilst the D-turret fires unless some serious micro-management is deployed or you don't have anything else in you're base in which case the attacker deserves to win anyway....

About the Ordos Guardian tank....you say that it's like a big mobile with a small turret cos it's heavily armoured with a rubbish turret but has proper mobility.....it's lacks the one point of a big wall....that it cannot be fired over by regular units...thus there is no use to it since all unit's will just shoot over/through it's only real purpose would be stopping melee unit's/extremely short ranged units...though well get further insight into this later on

I think everyone is desperate for an expansion pack for this game!!

I mean my god how many people are there westwood really should shape up and make one.

THEY MUST HAVE THE BENE GESSERIT AS A SUB HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY MUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean a load of cool 'wimin' with mind powers how cool is that!!!

plz westwood if your listening make them into a sub guild for the love of god!!!

The Bene Tleilaxu should have better infantry such as a face dancer for example, it could be like the spy from c and c except whatever unit you target when it's deployed it becomes. This would mean you could change shape during battle making opportunities for loads of juicy strategies!!!!!

Anyone agree?

WHO HERE THINKS THAT THE BENE GESSERIT AND MENTATS ARE JUST THE MOST MARVELLOUS CREATIONS KNOWN TO MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!