Emperor expansion pack

Ghosty_Square

i think you should make the comp more resistant to jus sending units at it straight at the beggining and wupping it.......i barely ever did this because of it's lamo factor and because the comp is so easy anyhow and i soon shifted to online play after the short campaighn but i still noticed how easy it was on any missions

also it's obvious that it is possible to alter the game engine so that you keep all you're buildings and units from mission to mission since it's already like that only you don't keep all you're buildings only some and the only way to get extra reserve troops besides the group you start with is by retreating which i never do

so i was wondering if when you make the campaighn <if you make the campaighn> you would take the time to make it so that you keep ALL you're buildings from mission and that you can create reserve troops without retreating.the building thing should be easily alterable and you could change the retreat button so that it creates a reserve group but does not trigger a defeat this way you wouldn't have to add any files only alter some

Guest Muad'Dib Kwisatz Haderach

ive been reading over the series and realized. The sardaukar are the Corrino's ONLY army. That is why they are "the imperial forces".

Ghosty, as far as the AI goes, pay attention to what edric O said: Make it learn from it's mistakes (if possible of course).

If it has tried a stratagy and it failed twice, have it flee to another stratagy. If this could be acomplished, you would have a hell of a expansion..

As far as painting... ehh, I still need to do the exterior of my house...meaning, no good :D

"Doc" Nyar...

Hey appolokiev,

nice ideas but now the units' list is complete.

As for the shield generator, if we make it highly attractive to worms, then the hark players will turn living world off...

I still haven't seen any ideas for the new AI nor anyone willing to paint icons... :(

Guest Fenring

Hmmmm, ingenious. However, let me make the following statements:

It is good to finally see Corrino resurected, even though it is a shame about the Atreides.

Several unit ideas, hmmmmm? A mine layer- can deploy mines in sand, but has weak armour, no other weaponry and is slow.

Also, long range artillery (a bit like the old siege tanks) Weak armour, very long range, extremely inacurate, hmmmmm?

Fenring, the Corrinos do get a Siege Tank.

Worm, the sabotage 'thopter is just like the EITS.

As for the AI, come on, although it can become much smarter and far more challenging than it is, it cannot think as a human! In addition, because it needs lot of work, I 'm considering releasing the super-smart AI later, along with the missions pack.

Edric O has made some amazing icons. I hope he uploads them on his site soon.

And it gets even better than that, ghosty! Nema Fakei of FED2k just sent me a whole zip file full of icons he made! And they're much better than mine. There are still many units that he didn't make icons for, though, so I'm not losing the job yet. :D

I'll email you the icon pack right after I finish checking this forum.

I was bored to death so I decided to put all the information of the mod here. It has been copied and pasted from Edric O 's website.

Welcome, Emperor fans! This web page covers an Emperor:BFD mod (modification) made by me and ghostysquare. We called it "Kwisatz Haderach - the unofficial Emperor expansion pack" because our aim is to create a mod as similar as possible to a real x-pack. Yes, that's right, this is gonna be BIG. And we're very interested in keeping it balanced, we don't want to end up making overpowered units. Read on if you're interested in the closest thing to a real Emperor expansion pack!

FEATURES

This mod will give you over 30 new units, for all 3 Houses. Like I said before, we're commited to keeping it all balanced. An important thing about this mod is that we'll replace House Atreides with House Corrino. And the Corrinos will have a totally new set of units! Including their Sardaukar, of course. Since the Corrinos are now a House, we'll throw in a new subhouse. No, better yet, we'll throw in 2 new subhouses! The Mercenaries and the Smugglers.

All those things will be available in multiplayer and skirmish. We are also thinking of making singleplayer campaigns, but nothing is certain about that yet.

STORYLINE

Near the end of the Great War of Assasins, House Ordos decided to withdraw for unknown reasons (we're keeping the reason secret so we can use it in case we make campaigns). And they left only the Harkonnen and the Atreides to fight for Dune. The Harks won and used atomics to devastate Caladan. House Atreides was wiped out. But just then, a Corrino heir to the throne emerged. The Guild and the Bene Gesserit proclaimed him Emperor. But the Harkonnens still owned Arrakis, while this Corrino heir barely had an army. When the Harks refused to let go of Arrakis, the Ordos suddenly came back into the war and attacked them, again for no apparent reason. Before withdrawing in the previous war, the Ordos had used most of their resources on Arrakis to form an

immense network of hidden bases, each with its own type of commando team (usually fast hit-and-run vehicles). These teams all emerged out of hiding at the same time, taking the Harkonnens by surprise and crippling them. Within weeks, the Ordos had taken back half of Arrakis. While the war raged on Dune, the Corrinos were building up a large army. The weak new Emperor was no weakling after all, as the Ordos would soon realize. House Corrino declared war on the Harks and the Ordos, then a large Corrino invasion fleet landed near the South Pole of Arrakis, in previously unoccupied territory. They established a strong foothold and started expanding slowly but surely. And so the war between 3 Great Houses begins again...

HOUSES

(note: units maked "original unit" are the same as they were in Emperor, without the mod)

HOUSE CORRINO

As the rightful ruler of the known universe, our great Corrino Emperor must secure his throne by crushing the 2 treacherous Great Houses. We fight for a peaceful and secure Universe, under the same House that ruled it for 10000 years!

Corrino units:

Scout (original unit)

Light infantry (original unit)

Engineer (original unit)

Imperial Sardaukar

The brave Sardaukar are not fighting for a mere subhouse any more! Glory to House Corrino! They're available from the moment you build a Barracks, so now they cost 30 solaris more than in the original game (we need to keep things balanced).

Elite Sardaukar

They're back with a vengeance! Nearly the same as before. The only difference is that they can't shoot air units.

Sound blast trooper

These Corrino soldiers are armed with weirding modules. Atreides sound-based technologies were... acquired by House Corrino after a few raids on the devastated world of Caladan. The SB troopers are pretty cheap, but they're not very resistant.

Hijacker

Improperly called a Hijacker, this Corrino infantry unit has moderate speed and armor. It can attack only vehicles, by placing explosives on them. The explosives detonate a second after being placed, giving the vehicle no time to react. However, the Hijacker actually needs to get to the vehicle first.

Scientist

These are VERY useful infantry units. They can heal infantry and repair vehicles (like the old repair vehicle, but they take longer). They have good speed, but not much health. And they can't heal themselves, so protect them! They cost 500 solaris each.

Trike

Just like the old Atreides Sand Bike, really.

Lion Tank

This heavy tank is the main Corrino battle vehicle. It has a slow-rotating turret with a limited maximum turning angle (about 90 degrees, not bad), but it fires a very powerful laser (compared to the Ordos Laser Tank). It has about the speed of a Mongoose, but more armor.

Corrino APC

The Corrino APC model is similar to the old Atreides one, but it is not stealthy and it has more armor and speed. It also boasts a shiny short-ranged laser gun capable of doing quite some damage.

Siege Tank

A lot like the old Dune 2000 Siege Tank, but cheaper and with a longer range. Basically, it's a cheap artillery unit useful in numbers. It fires high explosive projectiles at about the range of the missile tank. Not very effective, but it does the job. And it's the very cheapest artillery unit in the game.

Wave Tank

---top secret--- (for now)

MCV (original unit)

Harvester (original unit)

AA Platform

Have you noticed that the Corrinos have no other AA unit? Well, they also lack an AA-capable turret! Thus, this tank was invented to provide much needed anti-aircraft protection. This thing is like a ground-based Aegis Cruiser (for those of you who played RA2). It fires only at air units, but it sure is good at what it does! It has an insane rate of fire, shooting missile after missile! It also has great speed and good armor, as well as a medium-to-long range. Pure death to aircraft!

Carryall (original unit)

Advanced Carryall (original unit)

Quantum Carryall

Fighting for the Emperor does have some advantages... for example, access to certain Guild technologies, like the new automatic foldspace engine. We fitted that engine on Adv Carryalls... and the Quantum Carryall was born! It's just like an Adv Carryall, but it can also teleport like a NIAB tank! Nasty... (and expensive)

Iron Griffin

Bazooka Flyer

Hasimir Fenring

I can only tell you that this is the Corrino hero unit. He has a build limit of one and you can build him from the Barracks... after you have a Palace.

Bashar

The Bashar is a high-ranking Sardaukar. He is armed with a sniper rifle and a laser gun (like that of the Elite Sardaukar, but it can also shoot air units). Therefore, the Bashar can handle just about anything. However, Bashars are superweapons. They come from the Corrino Palace for free, but take a pretty long time to be trained.

Corrino buildings:

Lion Turret

A laser turret with a very powerful laser gun (compared to the Ordos Laser Tank - it's also better than the Lion Tank) and a nice rate of fire. That's it.

- other buildings -

(House Corrino gets all the normal buildings. It also gets the Atreides turrets - you know, recovered technology. But the Corrino Rocket Turret can't fire at air units)

HOUSE ORDOS

The time has come to reveal all. We will make use of the full power of House Ordos in this war. This is not just a matter of deciding the next Emperor. If we prevail, we will bring about the dawn of a new age. Additional information is classified.

Ordos units:

Scout (original unit)

Chemical infantry (original unit)

Engineer (original unit)

AA trooper (original unit)

Mortar infantry (original unit)

Slasher

A fast moving and well armored soldier, the Slasher carries two swords as weapons. Their blades are made from a special titanium-carbon alloy that can cut through solid steel. The Slasher can only attack enemy units, not buildings. He virtually cuts through infantry and can do serious damage to vehicles. However, his lack of any range is his weakness.

D-gas trooper

This wonderful new infantry unit was made possible by our new miniature D-gas supply canisters. The D-gas trooper fires short-ranged deviator-like shots, making it an excellent anti-vehicle infantry unit.

Sniper

You know, sniper rifles are not exactly secret technology... Seeing the success of the Atreides Snipers, the Executrix has developed an Ordos version (which is now the only one around, as there are no more Atreides). The Ordos Sniper has a shorter range, but a better rate of fire than the old Atreides one.

Dust Scout (original unit)

Laser Tank (original unit)

Ordos APC (original unit)

Kobra Tank (original unit)

Deviator (original unit)

MCV (original unit)

Mobile Cloak Generator

>>empty spot<<

As the MCG is impossible to implement, we'll think of something to replace it.

Guardian Tank

In the past, House Ordos has suffered from a lack of highly armored tanks. That is why the Guardian Tank was developed. This tank has a small cannon as its only weapon, but it's a very weak and ineffective weapon. However, the GT has an unbelievable amount of armor. It can take even more punishment than a Harkonnen Devastator! And all that at the speed of a Hark Assault Tank and a price of only 900! The GT is a moving wall, and a very strong one at that.

Carryall (original unit)

Missile 'thopter

Sabotage 'thopter

Bronso of IX

I can only tell you that this is the Ordos hero unit. He has a build limit of one and you can build him from the Barracks... after you have a Palace.

Saboteur

The new Saboteur is a serious threat to all enemies of House Ordos. He is armed with advanced explosives that allow him to blow up a whole building by himself, no matter how well armored it is! However, he can attack ONLY buildings now, just like the Saboteur of Dune 2000. But he also has a cloaking device, giving him scout-like stealth. Saboteurs are superweapons. They come for free from the Ordos Palace, but take a long time to be trained. (just like any superweapon)

Ordos buildings:

D-gas Turret

A brilliant idea of the new generation Ordos scientists: put a deviator launcher on a turret! The D-gas turret is great for taking care of enemy vehicles. And it has a longer range than the Pop-up turret.

- other buildings -

(no changes)

HOUSE HARKONNEN

We have annihilated the weak and disgusting Atreides scum. Their planet was poisoned, their great cities reduced to rubble by our mighty atomics! Nothing can stop the great Harkonnen! The empire shall be ours and our enemies will know the true meaning of pain.

Harkonnen units:

Scout (original unit)

Light infantry (original unit)

Engineer (original unit)

Trooper (original unit)

Flame trooper (original unit)

Plasma trooper

Devastation in a can! The Plasma trooper is the most destructive infantry unit in the game. It fires a devastator-like plasma gun (much smaller, of course). Whole groups of light infantry have been known to die from the splash damage alone! Vehicles also take massive damage if they're hit. But Plasma troopers are expensive. The advantage of building them instead of a Devastator is that they're much faster.

Bomber

Isn't it nice to blow stuff up? Muhahahahaha... The Bomber does just that. He places explosive charges on buildings. And a second later, they go BOOM! Too bad he's defenseless. Guard him well, because his only weapon is the building demolition kit... uh, I mean C4 charges. Let the fireworks begin!

Buzzsaw (original unit)

Assault Tank (original unit)

Flame Tank (original unit)

Inkvine Catapult (original unit)

Missile Tank (original unit)

Devastator (original unit)

MCV (original unit)

Mobile Shield Generator

Here's a hint: This is gonna be serious fun! Bwahahahaha!

RDT (Rear Defense Tank)

Sneaky little enemies think they can crush us if they attack from the back, because our Assault Tanks turn so slowly. And they have been right... until now. The RDT is an Assault Tank with a cannon that points backwards. Great for covering our backs. Not to mention it also has a much better turn rate than the Assault Tank. Of course, you'd have to be crazy to send RDTs head on somewhere... the cannon points backwards, remember? Keep them in a healthy mix with Assault Tanks, in case fast enemy units try to circle your attack force.

Carryall (original unit)

Rocket Chopper

Death Ram

Feyd-Rautha

I can only tell you that this is the Harkonnen hero unit. He has a build limit of one and you can build him from the Barracks... after you have a Palace.

Death Hand (original superweapon)

Harkonnen buildings:

Plasma Turret

A great new base defense, the Plasma Turret obliterates enemy tanks, harvesters, infantry... well, anything for that matter (as long as it's on the ground). This turret fires just like a Devastator, but does more splash damage and has a longer range. However... it's expensive (obviously).

- other buildings -

(no changes)