Dune2K - High Resolution

CCHyper

I was waiting this patch for years! Thank you!

I also noticed every 3 or 4 seconds an instant flashing of the screen (like the monitor switches off and on instantly in milliseconds). Anyone who has the same issue?

Windows 7x64 SP1

FX8350

16GB RAM

7970 DC2T

• Upvote 3

I also noticed every 3 or 4 seconds an instant flashing of the screen (like the monitor switches off and on instantly in milliseconds). Anyone who has the same issue?

Windows 7x64 SP1

FX8350

16GB RAM

7970 DC2T

same here..

flickering..

prob with new graphics cards..

• Upvote 1

Windows 7x64 SP1

FX8350

16GB RAM

7970 DC2T

Yes, I was looking for a fix for this just yesterday. You have to limit the FPS to 25 or 30 somehow. 

• Upvote 1

You guys should take a look into patching cnc-ddraw to run under Dune 2000. It's a program mainly designed for C&C95 and RA95 to add support for windowed mode, running the game under OpenGL or GDI and it has a bunch other interesting stuff. It's open-source written in C and a ddraw.dll implementation. I'm not sure if it's applicable to Dune 2000, does the game use DirectDraw?

http://hifi.iki.fi/cnc-ddraw/

The author is active on IRC and supportive.

• Upvote 3

You guys should take a look into patching cnc-ddraw to run under Dune 2000. It's a program mainly designed for C&C95 and RA95 to add support for windowed mode, running the game under OpenGL or GDI and it has a bunch other interesting stuff. It's open-source written in C and a ddraw.dll implementation. I'm not sure if it's applicable to Dune 2000, does the game use DirectDraw?

http://hifi.iki.fi/cnc-ddraw/

The author is active on IRC and supportive.

I did a quick try and it crashed Dune 2000 at start up. Not sure if window mode is gonna work with Dune 2000. There is actually a window mode build-in, but it works rather bad.

• Upvote 1

Why does the patch program alter the first missions for each house? I'm curious because it only modifies the 1st few.

Map could be smaller than your display.

That makes sense, the initial maps were quite small. 

Yes, the script/patch checks the selected resolution and if the mission maps are smaller it will add black/grey unreachable tiles around the map to prevent a game crash.

• Upvote 1

Another ddraw.dll wrapper called ddwrapper does work with Dune 2000:

http://bitpatch.com/ddwrapper.html

The source is included but it doesn't have windowed mode. With the source for both it should be possible to get cnc-ddraw working and the windowed mode.

how does this work??

I downloaded it bt I gt no idea hw to use it..

help??

• 2 weeks later...

D2k Sardaukar, you should look into adding a GUI to your patcher.

I once looked at that, but there are so many choices. Some require way too much extra data to be shipped with the patch and others can't really do what I want from a decent GUI. Unless you got a good idea with some strong arguments to why a GUI would be more beneficial, besides looks, I'm going to keep at this command line.

Hi guys,

Anyone there getting "get next square [random numbers]" error when playing multiplayer LAN with the hi res patch? My friend and I were playing via hamachi with the UDP patch, we successfully had an airstrike on the screen (by having the exact same resolution as each other as mentioned earlier) but then seemingly for no reason got this error appearing simultaneously on both pcs. The error made the screen go black and dune 2000 became unresponsive (needed to ctrl+alt+del to kill process). The last thing that happened was a saboteur destroyed a structure in my base, pretty much right after came the error message.

This is using Gruntmods 1.6 dune2k, hi res patch 1.4.0 and the IPX to UDP patch. We were playing at 1280 x 720 resolution.

As yet I haven't checked if this happens during multiplayer practice or missions.

Hi guys,

Anyone there getting "get next square [random numbers]" error when playing multiplayer LAN with the hi res patch? My friend and I were playing via hamachi with the UDP patch, we successfully had an airstrike on the screen (by having the exact same resolution as each other as mentioned earlier) but then seemingly for no reason got this error appearing simultaneously on both pcs. The error made the screen go black and dune 2000 became unresponsive (needed to ctrl+alt+del to kill process). The last thing that happened was a saboteur destroyed a structure in my base, pretty much right after came the error message.

This is using Gruntmods 1.6 dune2k, hi res patch 1.4.0 and the IPX to UDP patch. We were playing at 1280 x 720 resolution.

As yet I haven't checked if this happens during multiplayer practice or missions.

Its hard to say what the issue is with that many changes to the game.