Dune2K - High Resolution

CCHyper

Thanks for testing, but I meant, if the other player uses experimental resolution (not perfect 32 dividing) the out of sync might happen.

Please try to get both players at 1024x768 and see if you get out of sync with airstrike. Also make sure the dune game is vanilla (no mods).

I do kinda find it strange that the game crashes if not all multiplayer players use high resolution, it should not really matter what the resolution is.

I currently don't have much time to test stuff.

I'm afraid it will crash with all hi-res as well, it did when i tested it with morphosis but we didn't talk to get the same resolution, we will try with the one you suggested.

I see now what you mean (see screenshot below). This does not seem to happen if both players have the same resolution, like 1024x768.

post-2251-0-31144100-1379244918_thumb.jp

If you would be so kind to add a small notice on the download page on d2kplus that for (LAN) multi player the resolutions need to be the same (1024*768 is a safe option) or else with airstrike the game goes out of sync.

To fix this problem, I'm afraid is quite some work. Perhaps it also goes out of sync with death hand missile (when resolutions are not identical)?

I see now what you mean (see screenshot below). This does not seem to happen if both players have the same resolution, like 1024x768.

attachicon.gifout_of_sync.jpg

If you would be so kind to add a small notice on the download page on d2kplus that for (LAN) multi player the resolutions need to be the same (1024*768 is a safe option) or else with airstrike the game goes out of sync.

To fix this problem, I'm afraid is quite some work. Perhaps it also goes out of sync with death hand missile (when resolutions are not identical)?

Sure I'll do that, nope the Death hand works, tested.

It works like a charm for me, expect that....

- I can't se the upgrade button in the main menu of the game.

- The buttons in the top of the main menu do not work (repair, sell, etc.).

My game is in French (original game) and I use the latest version of the game (1.06) without any mods.

The screen resolution is 1920*1080 and I'm under Windows 8.

I was unfortunately not able to take a screenshot in the game but here is a picture of my screen.

Otherwise, I want to THANK VERY MUCH all the guys who made possible to play D2K in High Res !! This is really INCREDIBLE !

post-2704-0-71133000-1379434576_thumb.jp

It works like a charm for me, expect that....

- I can't se the upgrade button in the main menu of the game.

- The buttons in the top of the main menu do not work (repair, sell, etc.).

My game is in French (original game) and I use the latest version of the game (1.06) without any mods.

The screen resolution is 1920*1080 and I'm under Windows 8.

I was unfortunately not able to take a screenshot in the game but here is a picture of my screen.

Otherwise, I want to THANK VERY MUCH all the guys who made possible to play D2K in High Res !! This is really INCREDIBLE !

Doesn't seem u have the latest Hi-res patch version from that screenshot and the bugs u reported. 

@aKaFedaYkin : I'm using the 1.4.0 version of the High Res Patch. Is there a new one ? I found it here : http://d2kplus.com/hires.php

I answer myself to my post because I've found a way to solve my issues :

1. Install the game in French
  2. Update the game with the US patch (not the French one)
  3. Copy the following folders from the CD to the C:\Westwood\Dune2000\ folder : MOVIES, MISSIONS
  4. Edit the Resource.cfg file with the correct paths
  5. Apply the High Res Patch for the MISSIONS and MOVIES folder
  6. Read my following post if you want to have the movies in the game

All the text will then be in English in the game, but it will works without any errors while playing. You just have to know that all the cut scene will no more work (probably due to the US patch) :unsure: If someone know how to solve this problem, I would be grateful (=> read my next message to know how to solve this).

Sounds and Voices will stay in French ;)

NOTE : if you encounter errors with the High Res Patch, check that none of Dune 2000 files are running ! The best way to avoid such errors is to restart your computer before applying the High Res Patch.

Thanks again for all !

• Upvote 1

So again, I answer to my post myself with a solution to the last issue I encountered with the French version of the game ;-)

To find again the movies in the game, here is what you have to do :

In the following folder C:\Westwood\Dune2000\MOVIES, you have to replace all the F letter with the E letter in the name of the files.

Here is 3 examples :

A_BR01_F.VQA become A_BR01_E.VQA

A_BR02_F.VQA become A_BR02_E.VQA

A_BR03_F.VQA become A_BR03_E.VQA

That's All ;-)

• Upvote 2

@z_feydakin: Great that it's working. :)

Hey D2kSardaukar can you give the link to your completed bug free version of the patch..
I'm going to implement it for my Dune2000 expansion blank shell..
After the last few reports I was wondering if the patch is completely bugfree..

1.4.0 at http://d2kplus.com/hires.php is the best version. Only bug is for multiplayer, resolutions need to be the same for both players, else you get out-of-sync with air-strike. Currently don't have time to fix it and I'm not sure I can fix it.

Edited by D2k Sardaukar
  • Upvote 1

@z_feydakin: Great that it's working. :)

1.4.0 at http://d2kplus.com/hires.php is the best version. Only bug isn't for multiplayer, resolutions need to be the same for both players, else you get out-of-sync with air-strike. Currently don't have time to fix it and I'm not sure I can fix it.

well it's not installing..

can you send me a 1024x preir version??

well it's not installing..

can you send me a 1024x preir version??

What do you mean? There is nothing to install, it's a patch, it changes files of already installed Dune 2000.

You need to extract the complete folder from the zip into the Dune 2000 folder and then run d2k_patch.exe. So you run the patch from within the folder "High Resolution Patch".

What do you mean? There is nothing to install, it's a patch, it changes files of already installed Dune 2000.

You need to extract the complete folder from the zip into the Dune 2000 folder and then run d2k_patch.exe. So you run the patch from within the folder "High Resolution Patch".

when I run it in the folder it gave an error..

I forgot it..

I'll post it soon..

I installed on three PC's the patch and everything it was  all right, don't know why you have problems :( weird.

And guys the Resolution is great, good job to all of us.

Wish it worked.. I need to implement 1024x768 resolution into my mod..

I get error message too :(

I have full HD monitor. Aspect ratio 16:9. Display resolution 1920x1080. 1280x720.

I copy "High Resolution Patch" folder to Dune2000 folder. Then start d2k_patch.exe.
I choose 1280x720 resolution.
(Later I try 800x600, 1024x768 and something else with the same results)

Output:

----------------------------------------------------

1280x720

Working on AACCT.TGA
Working on CREDITS.TGA

Working on DUNEMAP.TGA
Working on DUNEMAP2.TGA
Working on HACCT.TGA
Working on HOUSE_SE.TGA
Working on MULTIUI.TGA
Working on OACCT.TGA
Working on PICTBOOK.TGA
Working on SCOREMP.TGA
Working on SCOREUI.TGA
Working on WOLLOBY.TGA
Working on WOLLOB.TGA
Working on Title.TGA
Working on .uil files
Working on UIBB.R16

Working on DUNE2000.DAT
Invalid sizePatched - DUNE2000_1280x720.dat
PATCHING COMPLETE!
Press enter...

-------------------------------------------------------------

After that I run Dune2000.exe. And I've got message about error in DUNE2000.DAT. Or I get just nothing, no messages at all after run: pause with black screen and return to Windows.

Is it normal message? "Invalid sizePatched - DUNE2000_1280x720.dat"
I suppose, something is wrong.

You can't add ui_GER.r16 after the patching, it contains the button images and location information that need to be updated. I'm suggesting you try English Dune 2000, because I can't guarantee if all the needed files are correctly patched for german version. If you insist on it you can try to rename ui_GER.r16 to "UI_ENG.R16" (with these capital letters!), run the patch again (see it's patched in console screen) and if needed rename back to "UI_GER.R16".

Thanks for the suggestion, this procedure works with the italian version of the game, too ..  I had the same interface problems after applying the patch (missing "upgrade" and "spaceport" buttons, sidebar "broken"..). But after doing this everything is as it should be!

Here's what to do (I think it works with every language version, mine was ITA 1.06 ):

1) before applying the hires patch you have to rename the file "ui_ITA.r16" to "UI_ENG.R16" (with capital letters!) You find it in the \Dune2000\DATA\ subdirectory.

2) now you can apply the patch as usual;

3) rename "UI_ENG.R16" ( that now is correctly patched) back to "UI_ITA.r16" and everything will work perfectly, language of the game, buttons and sidebar !!!

Thank for your works, it's amazing playing this game at custom resolutions : )

• Upvote 1

I get error message too :(

D2k Sardaukar, unfortunately I have some problems too. I wrote about it yesterday. See my message higher. I am new member here, so moderator have opened the message today.

May be I have wrong version of Dune? Where can I find (as you call it) VANILLA version?

Folder with Dune2000 can be in ANY place? For example, D:\Duna_any_name_etc .

D2k Sardaukar, unfortunately I have some problems too. I wrote about it yesterday. See my message higher. I am new member here, so moderator have opened the message today.

May be I have wrong version of Dune? Where can I find (as you call it) VANILLA version?

Folder with Dune2000 can be in ANY place? For example, D:\Duna_any_name_etc .

There are multiple ways to get Dune 2000, I will name two here:

1) (IN THIS ORDER!!)

a) Download Dune 2000 version 1.02 from Abandonia: http://www.abandonia.com/en/downloadgame/27329

b) Update/overwrite to version 1.06 (US/Canada version!) from: http://dune2k.com/Duniverse/Games/Dune2000/Downloads/Patches

c) Overwrite DUNE2000.DAT with 'Sub Houses Fix Patch' for No-CD version: http://d2kplus.com/subhousesfix.php

d) Optionally install this to easily select missions: http://d2kplus.com/mod_missionselect.php

e) Download High Resolution Patch (1.4.0), put the whole folder (with patcher) into the Dune 2000 folder and run it: http://d2kplus.com/hires.php

2)

a) Download "Dune 2000: Gruntmods Edition version 1.6": http://forum.dune2k.com/topic/25992-release-dune-2000-rise-of-the-mercenaries-demo/

b) Download High Resolution Patch (1.4.0), put the whole folder (with patcher) into the Dune 2000 folder and run it: http://d2kplus.com/hires.php

Yes, Dune 2000 folder can be anywhere, just make sure the high resolution patch folder is where the Dune2000.exe is. I have multiple Dune 2000 version on my PC, it's not a problem.

It's advised to keep a backup of Dune 2000 that is not adjusted (vanilla) and copy this version to install the high resolution patch and mods etc.

The advantage of option two is that you directly have correct version, video's and the mission select patch (allows picking any mission you want), but you get a free installer with it which is not to everybody's taste.

Edited by D2k Sardaukar