Silly things that you find annoying

alchemi2

i find it annoying that..........

Ok, so it's the "in" thing for asian girls to hook up with white guys and vice versa, and just when I go to a university where there are a plethora of the asian females, it ends up they all brought their asian boyfriends/fiances/husbands half way around the world with them. every single one of them, i swear.

All of my mandarine skills (roughly 10 words) for nothing.  :(

When they see you, are they like "Hentai!!!".

Advertisements.

Ubuntu upgraded to firefox 3 beta 5. Adblock+ extension is not compatible yet. I don't have a hosts file either (didn't bother since adblock was working so good). So browsing websites I normally visit are giving me seizures with the advertisements. A good shock to see what people without adblockers see on the web.

Wow and browsing the web with these ads is taking forever to load. On one website an advertisement has been loading for 30 seconds.

How do people survive on the web with ads? Are you good at ignoring the ads? They are so flashy and colourful (and take up 20% of web browser screenspace sometimes).

Seriously how do these companies make money (see screenshot)? Do people actually pay for this crap?

Or do these websites pay for ads to get people to their websites which then have ads on them to pay for the website/ads?

EDIT:

Installed dev build and everything is back to normal. It even remembered my lists and their hit counts. Had 50,000 ads blocked in 2 months. mmmm

post-1194-1283323964047_thumb.png

Something silly that another Brit (Jeremy Clarkson) finds annoying, is that in the US, everyone asks, "Would you like cheese with that?".  Is that true over there?

yea, it's not uncommon for people to ask this question for fries, or burgers, or sandwiches.  Depends on the restaurant or city I suppose.

Jehovah witnesses. About 4 times a year stop by the community to try to convert people. Most hide in their houses to pretend they are not home. Sad that people are afraid to tell them they are not interested and to not come back.