Silly things that you find annoying

alchemi2

A while since we had a rant type thread, so to aid in the post count.

One thing i find irritating on the web, is when filling out registration forms and it comes to country, is that lack of England, it's always United Kingdom or Britain.

Why NO England, i am proud to be English rather than British. What's that about why oh why is England no listed.

The only up side is, it probably drives the Scots into more of a rage.

That's another thing that annoys 'I'm half whatever cos my mum/dad is'

It winds me up you are what you are (ie where you were born)

Yes you can adopt another nationally (legally or figuratively) but your nationality is based on where you born.

Drives my Scottish boss mental when you say his grandson is English, as he was born in England, doesn't matter that all the family are Scottish. He is English, of Scottish decent yes But still English.

That's another thing that annoys 'I'm half whatever cos my mum/dad is'

It winds me up you are what you are (ie where you were born)

Yes you can adopt another nationally (legally or figuratively) but your nationality is based on where you born.

Drives my Scottish boss mental when you say his grandson is English, as he was born in England, doesn't matter that all the family are Scottish. He is English, of Scottish decent yes But still English.

Hmm...that's debatable.  I have a friend who was born in Germany (because his dad was in the  army), who lives in England and has done almost all his life, but calls himself Scottish because his parents and most of his family are.

Many of my asian friends born in US but speak mandarine/japanese/korean plus excelent english who were raised by asian immigrants just call themselves  asian american or chinese/japanese american.  makes sense to me. idk.  but then again US is like a the "salad bowl" of cultures so I don't know how it works in other countries. I know that China technically has like 51 minorities if you include all the territories and regions. Not sure how they treat cultural identification there.

*edit*

also a friend of mine is half Thai half Scotish.  He's got a british sounding accent but the "r" sounds have that asian influence to them.  like "awwws"  instead of the american "arrrs".

the dam neighbors up stairs dont know haw to close a door .. they just

slam it in like a rocket and they do it 10s of times per day

the strange thing is they are a couple of old rates living alone in

the dark and i never see a reason for their hipper active sounds

Something very annoying that happened to me recently is how very little some stores,companies really give a shit about thier customers.One i've been having problems with latlely is the motherboard company Foxconn.Over the years of buying and selling parts,PC's etc. I still have 0 RMA's Meaning I haven't had to send back one single item for replacement. But the one time I have one really mess up on me and I do need a replacement I get nothing

no help of any kind or even inspection of the product to figure out what happened. Now the first solution / suggestion below I received 3 times in a row without them even bothering to look at it. After that I started losing my patience

WARRANTY       

Foxconn Provides a 3-year limited warranty from date of purchase from Foxconn.

Email replies and memos;

Problem Type         Mainboard/RMA Issue

Problem Subject Mainboard ZIF socket arm/assembly broken

Problem Description    The ZIF socket and locking mech.on my mainboard fell apart when I attempted to change CPU.

The white plastic plate and the metal locking arm upon unlocking to change CPU. Please advise

what option I have for correcting or fixing this problem. Thank You,

Solution / Suggestion #4  Refer to the warranty policy:

http://www.foxconnchannel.com/en-us/support/RMA_Detail.aspx?ID=en-gb0000001

#5    response----                  You will need to replace the motherboard, however this is consider physical damage and not covered under our warranty policy.

This is for all intents and purposes 'a moving part'.If it comes apart as the result of simply lifting the arm as it was meant to be, then how is it not directly related to the assembly of the part? It (the ZIF socket arm) was only lifted once before...a total of 2 times. Once when I first bought the board, and once for an upgraded CPU for the board. Lifting the small metal arm as it was meant to be done ONLY twice should not result in total motherboard destruction.

I now sort of understand why Newegg deactivated this product....If the comp. is not willing to back up the consumer in any way then why sell the product at all.

response----                    The reason why Newegg no longer sells this model is that it has been discontinued after 3-year run, due to newer technology becoming available.

"{Physical damage is physical damage." Label it however you please, but after several years of repairing PC's this is actually the very first RMA attempt of a mainboard. I have purchased 3 Foxconn boards...2, 754 boards and one 939 board. This is the only one that has ever gave me a problem. I was not trying to ex ctract a refund but merely wanted a replacement of some kind. When a metallic item such as the ZIF socket release/lock mechanism in this case is mounted upon and behind a thin plastic wafer with holes, that for the most part is made to pry open and separate the wafer so the holes line up so a CPU can fit onto it...guess which one gives way first. It's not the metal part.It doesn't take a Quantum Physicist to due the math on this one. 2008/03/26                       

response----                    Yes the level is meant to come up and down, however these simply do not break. If broken this was cause by a force.

final diagnoses without even looking at it is......  Physical damage is physical damage.

After that response I wanted to show him just what physical damage really is. Needless to say Foxconn has been shitlisted for all eternity for me.

Thanks for iterating my point (and frustration). You can't be half anything.

My distant ancestors were Scottish, Irish and Portuguese and no doubt many other nationalities. This doesn't mean I am!!!

If your born in Canada, then your Canadian (check your birth certificate).

What language you speak is immaterial to original nationality.

Anyone (virtually) can be British or become British but it don't make them English, Unless they are born in England.

Takes deep breath and counts to ten.... ::) :P ;)

Hmm...that's debatable.  I have a friend who was born in Germany (because his dad was in the  army), who lives in England and has done almost all his life, but calls himself Scottish because his parents and most of his family are.

What about in this case?

Unsolicited phone calls from foreigners who murder the English language, try to tell me their name is Wendy, because obvious I'm too stupid to be able to pronounce their real name and then ask the worlds most stupid questions "Do you own a phone " and "can you tell me the number" For the love of God (or which ever Deity)how the hell can you phone me if i don't own a phone and without the number how did you ring me.

I may just go slowly insane.   ??? ::)

What about in this case?

Well if born on the army base and it's considered British soil, then he would be British but if born in a German hospital, his Birth certificate would list as German.

People often refer to themselves as what their NOT the basically my point in a nutshell and what irritates me.

If i go live in France, choose to only speak Greek that doesn't mean I'm French or Greek, I'm still English no matter if one parent was Irish and the other Polish (not that they are).

Hangs head in hands and shudders...................

Well if they were born in Scotland then they are Scottish, they just become naturalised Canadians, so legally their Canadian but actually their Scottish. If by some miracle they had a child he/she would be Canadian not Scottish, although of Scottish decent.

But both his parents were Scottish, and they lived in Scotland before having him.

It is immaterial what his parents nationality is, that only makes him of Scottish decent not Scottish no matter how much he wants to be.

To clarify Irish man marries Scottish woman, He does not become Scottish, she does not become Irish.

They move to Wales because of his job, this does not make them Welsh.

They have a son he is not Scottish or Irish BUT Welsh.

They then move to England, this doesn't make them English.

They have a daughter, she is English BUT refers to herself as Half Irish Half Scottish,

She isn't she is English (and that is the bit that drives me Nuts because she won't accept that she is infact English)

Another one of my pet hates, people who buy me presents on Facebook or worse still a drink, what's the point of that! I can't drink it.

Oh and idiots who play Poker win the hand and chips and then gift'em to the people (or generally women)at the table, WTF is that about... OR worse still go all in with nothing, lose and then ask you as the winner to give em the chips back, whaaaaaa get a grip you muppets.  ::) :D