Hello Everyone! Ya Ya Yawm!

Mahdi

Well, I had a nice long message written here that was lost when my computer logged me out, so this one will have to be shorter.  i emant to go to bed a long time ago, but then got tied up on this forum!

I'm back in Canada and thought that sicne I was replying to a couple of other threads I'd start a new one to say hi to everyone!  I had a great time in Australia, Fiji, and New Zealand, and might even post a pic of a real life muad'dib for ya'll tomorrow!

I want to thank DuneNewt for his mentioning me in his FED2k awards thread, and everyone who posted in my goodbye thread.  I'm sorry I didn't see the messages until now.  It brought a smile to my face to know that I was missed and remembered during my time away, doubly so since my only contact with most of you was this very message board. 

I still haven't gotten my hat from Gob( or the $2450 that most of you signed a petition to get me) but maybe soon....  Davo actually gave me two hats when I first met him in Australia, which was awesome, but one ended up in a trash in Fiji due to the weather and my habit of, well, sweating.  Of course, after I threw out the hat the top of my head burned so bad I scalped myself, but that's another (cooler) story.

I hope you all are doing well and I'll try to post a little more often from now on.

Btw, no dingo ate my babie, but one sure liked rubbing its nose against my foot while I slept....

welcome back Mahdi! I actually think I saw some pictures of your trip - but I could have just been wasted on crack?

Well, you may be on crack, it wouldn't surprise me, but you probably did see some pictures of mine as I have been putting them online on a couple of different sites.

Welcome back!  The forum wasn't the same without you, so in preparation for your second coming, I did my best to warm it up again.

So where abouts in Australia did you go?  Are you back for good now?

I lived in Wollongong, which is south of Sydney (and trained it to Sydney and back everyday on a disgustingly horrible public transit system for work) but we travelled around a cood chunk of the country.

I'm back in Canada for awhile.  I hope to apply to the foriegn service and begin workign in embassies and consults around the world in the next half year-year and a half.

"Davo actually gave me two hats when I first met him in Australia"

Davo is still alive? Wow!

Welcome back, Mahdi.

Davo is still alive and kicking, although he's old now.  Still, we downed many a pint.  Once I was workign in Sydney we met up about once every two weeks and would check out a couple different pubs serving micro brews.

Awesome. Welcome back! Any compromising photos for the curious board members? ;)

That depends... how much would you pay to see Micro Mahdi?

Yah!, Mahdi is back!

Not only is he back, but he's bigger than ever!  Damn sedentary Aussie lifestyle.

OMIGOD!  I haven't talked with you in like a forever!

So that wasn't you who left my can of tomato juice on the heater causing me to throw it out?

Hey buddy! Good to see you're back mate! Fiji must've been beautiful.

It was, but I actually prefered New Zealand.

Umm... I don't know who you are (Since I'm quite new)... But welcome back!!!  :D ;D :P

You poor, poor bastard. 

Welcome back Mahdi! I knew you would trade in the Australians for FED2k again, one day. Don't worry about the funds, I'm sure they will come to you eventually. ;)

Trade?  Oh, I mean, yeah, I had the choice between FED2k and Australia, it had nothing to do with the gu- nothing.

Curses and drat! My assassins failed! :P

Welcome back Mahdi. We expect you to do your share in the Post Count Revolution.

And speaking of post counts - apparently I now have precisely 6666 posts. I think I'll keep it that way for a bit.

You know me, I'm always in for a bloody coup.

We're saved! He's come to save us from this tyranical rule! Huzzah!

You obviously don't remember me all that well.

Nah, that wasn't me.  I was the one who whupped you at darts, though.

You exagerate.  You won one game out of two, and I was beating you until the final three bullseyes which I could not for the life of me get.  So we tied at darts: One game apiece.

I'm asking on behalf of the more curious board members here. You know, I haven't included myself on that list yet.

Yet.  Eventually, they all come around.

I have never exaggerated in the whole history of the world.  And the first game shouldn't have counted because I hadn't played darts, like, ever.  So it was like a practice round, see?  So... whuppage.

We'll see about that when we play the tie breaker!

Did you ever get that HAT  ::) ;)

Not yet....