Muhammad Cartoons Censored

omg those morons now are also protesting against a cartoon which was published in a german newspaper on friday. but the clue is: it has nothing to do with muhammed. it expresses a domestic matter about the topic if the german military should be included for safety at the fifa worldcup 2006. it shows suicide bombers on the left side and soldiers on the right side. here's the cartoon: http://www.persianfootball.com/news/images/060210_Bundeswehr_stutt.jpg

the text says roughly: "why the german federal armed forces have to be deployed at the worldcup".

now those idiots are threatening the author and his life and want an apology from the newspaper and so on. cartoons like this are very common in german newspapers. I don't know how many of them but there are at least 7-15 big or local newspapers which publish political cartoons to whatever topic is currently discussed every day.

I don't want to abandon those cartoons whenever they show something that could possibly maybe somehow affect islam or muslim countries... no way. the if this goes on like this, I'll be getting very angry myself and so will a lot of other people.

Yesterday something weird came to my ears..

I heard someone saying that those cartoons were published in semtember last year.

and NOW they are freaking out there...

But that doesn't change my point of view.

I still think its not correct.

It occured to me during a lecture today, anyone seen that Gary Larson cartoon with Mohammed? It's one of my favourites. For those that do not know: A man with a long beard is sitting inside his house with a newspaper open in front of him, while outside we see a huge lump of rock and earth pushing against his door. The doorbell is going 'ding dong.' The man is looking up at the door. As far as I remember, the caption reads something like "The doorbell rung again. With his wife out of town and not expecting any visitors, Mohammed began to grow uneasy." For the dimmer people, this is a play on the 'if you can't bring Mohammed to the mountain...' phrase. I think it's very funny.

It shows that not only has the prophet been in illustrations for several centuries, but also recently without stirring up this kind of complaint. I would have linked to the cartoon, but the publishers and the artist have forbidden his work to be put online.

(This is turn reminds me of a computer game. A small boy called Nigel is desperate to go home, but for reasons that I don't need to explain, can't or shouldn't.

NIGEL: I wanna go home, I wanna go home, I wanna go home!

SCHMARTY: This is a disaster! He wants to go home!

PINK: If you can't bring Mohammed to the mountain...

SCHMARTY: Can't we worry about Mohammed after we've taken care of Nigel?

Heh heh... )

Religion of Peace Strikes again by: burning buildings housing a hotel, banks and a KFC, vandalizing a Citibank and breaking windows at a Holiday Inn and a Pizza Hut

7675.jpg

Here's the rules for the cartoon contest Iran is holding. I expect you all to send in submissions! Think of the hilarity if a non Muslim won the contest, who is making fun of their own beliefs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/jj71/holocaustcartooncomp.gif

EDIT:

Printing cartoons puts Cdn. troops in danger: Muslim group

So now Muslims are inciting fear into us because of printing a cartoon.

The problem isn't a cartoon, the problem is with Muslims threatening others.

Muslims are now using terrorists as an excuse to push their agenda. (Don't print the cartoons or else your troops will be killed!)

At first it was about respecting their prophet and religion, but since that didn't seem to work, they are now resorting to fear to stop the publications.

I was thinking of respecting their religion, but since they don't seem to respect others, why bother?

I don't want a RELIGION telling me what I can or cannot do.

http://www.sacredcowburgers.com/parodies/hypocrisy.jpg

Also the Muslim students at a Halifax university are thinking of filing a human rights complaint against the professor.

read the text kiyouta:

"Tonight the SBS Dateline program plans to broadcast about 60 previously unpublished photographs that the US Government has been fighting to keep secret in a court case with the American Civil Liberties Union."

Also there is a link to an image gallery with 15 more pictures...

And knowing what happened last time, the pictures from before, if these were unshown before, and SBS finds a reason to show them now, and some representitive of America is denouncing the decision to show them, I think it would be a little more then a dog barking at an inmate  ::)

Yesterday something weird came to my ears..

I heard someone saying that those cartoons were published in semtember last year.

and NOW they are freaking out there...

this is true - they were even printed in Egyptian newspapers last year I think in November as well. Those who imo are to blame are the Imam's who've traveled the midle east spreading false rumors.

If they hate democracy and freedom, they should move to Saudi Arabia or Iran, I'm fed up spending my tax money on them!

This thing is being blown out of all proportion.

It has become rather obvious that the cartoons themselves serve as little more than a pretext. What is actually going on is that Muslims are growing increasingly frustrated with their condition (social, cultural, financial, what have you) and they are lashing out semi-randomly at scape goats.

It's not even about religion. Islam itself has become an excuse - on both sides.