Our Own WOL?

first i've downloaded Gob's one, i have tryed it on game, it said unable.......

and then i downloaded Olaf's one, in the first game the program said unable.....!

But in the second game the program said:

Receiving: Done

Sending: Done

and the same thing with the third game.

# Copyright © 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.

#

# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.

#

# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each

# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should

# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.

# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one

# space.

#

# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual

# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.

#

# For example:

#

# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server

# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost

127.0.0.1 games2.westwood.com

There seems to be some confusion about adding the 127.0.0.1 games2.westwood.com line into your HOSTS file.

Search your computer for "hosts". You should find a file in the WINDOWS directory that is called "HOSTS" with capital letters and I think it is a SAM file. Then, open up the file with a text editor (e.g. notepad) by right clicking on it and selecting "open with...". Insert the line:

127.0.0.1 games2.westwood.com

Under "127.0.0.1 localhost" like in the quote above. Then save the changes. Be carefull not to change the file format from a SAM file though.

Then host a game with the proxy thingy running in the background and see if it works....

BTW: Do you have to remove the line afterwards?

Ice_Cube on Windows XP the program seems to be able to add the line itself so I don't think it is necessary for everyone to add it. But everyone should check to make sure it is there otherwise the program won't be able to send the report. The only reason you would want to remove that line afterwards is if you play other WW games and want to be listed on the official ladders. I think the only games left would be Renegade and Red Alert 2. So if you only play Emperor you can just leave it since there is no official ladder anymore.

Thanks for all the feedback, I will talk to Olaf again as it looks like there still might be a few problems with sending game reports.

This should explain it all ;)

One is a ladder that gets sent game reports and the other is actual server that would completely replace WOL.

Basically all that is happening now is a replacement ladder. So instead of sending game reports to Westwoods servers, which aren't even turned on anymore, it would send it to a server we run. You would still play your games on the regular WOL servers and you could still play with people who haven't made the change.

Unable to read game result

the unable to read is the one i did a 1on1 battle that is the only one that it would not read thank you rul3r for the help