Our Own WOL?

Ok I just played a game vs tonelucky, and when victory was imperative he quit. His name is still in red though, signifying a loss, so it looks like yellow means the player disconnected perhaps?

The other values appear to check out quite well. In the post game Custom / Skirmish Results summary, I had 162 kills to his 46. The ladder recorded that I had 158 and tone 46. That's 4 less on the ladder, but that can't be an error, it's probably just how the game counts up kills. Come to think of it, I killed exactly four buildings in that game before he quit. Ah yes it says so on the ladder report too. The economy count up at the end game screen is identical to the spice count in the ladder, so no problems there. So far the stats look perfecto.

The Side ID just appears to record the teams based on who entered the game first. So the host's Side ID is always one, even if his ally was the fourth person to enter the game. This holds true for all the game's recorded on the ladder thus far.

One thing I noticed...Whenever somebody gets disconnected (yellow) or quits the game (some of the reds), under the 'left' column, every stat appears as a zero. This is the same as westwood's ladder was so no surprises there. It was useful in determining if someone was lying about the outcome of a game. Anyway, if someone fights until their last armed unit is destroyed, they'll almost always have something in the 'left' column. Remember that an 'armed' unit is anything that can cause damage or capture buildings (with some exceptions; air drone for one, I think AA mines and ADPs too). So unless the victorious player stops to kill every harvester, carryall, windtrap, and every abandoned scout left in the corners of the map (which is rare, a waste of time, and extremely lame), there'll always be something listed in the 'left' column.

BTW this ladder is substantially faster that WOL's :) The game appeared before I even reached the summary screen!

Oh and the houses appear to be in perfect order this time.

Actually I fixed the yellow marking in two player games. Basically what gets returned to me is 3 numbers 512, 256, or 2. I think 2 only happens when someone quits and then in that case the winner is assigned 256, normally the winner gets 512.

In the four player games its still a little weird but I don't need to really worry about that since the ladder for now at least will just be doing 2 player games.

Now that looks really wack...He still has all his units though so it couldn't have been a disconnection. And even if it were a disconnection, it was reported by dawg so it should have appeared that sarb disconnected. Hmm. That is really bizzare. He still has all his units so he didn't quit. It has to be an error. Sarb had 2 units left and they were probably harvs and scouts.

Yes thats what should happen. It should stay open during the game and when the game is over two lines of text should appear in that box saying the report has been received and then that it has sent the report.

Ok thnk I GET IT NOW

Ok guys I need you to start playing QM games. You *can* use custom games to do this but the game has to have the following properties:

-> 2 players

-> 6000 starting credits

-> 5 starting units

-> pre-built base on

Anything else is up to you.

Ok guys I need you to start playing QM games. You *can* use custom games to do this but the game has to have the following properties:

-> 2 players

-> 6000 starting credits

-> 5 starting units

-> pre-built base on

Anything else is up to you.

Roger.

At least a few today, since I am a bit tired.

Ok if I did it right these are the current standings, note only 4 games counted as ladder games at this point and that is ignoring the 2 report rule:

[acelethal] => 61

[harkdawg] => 32

[ap01ly0n] => 26

[sapperlot] => 0

[sarbaukar] => 0

I'm not sure if its completely accurate yet, need more data! :D

Here is the function I'm using:

$winner_points = (64 * (1 - 1 / (pow(10, ($points_winner - $points_loser) / 400) + 1)));
$loser_points = min(64 - $winner_points, $points_loser / 10);

$players[$winner] = $players[$winner] + $winner_points;
$players[$loser] = $players[$loser] - $loser_points;

// $players[] => holds the player name and their points
// $winner_points => the number of points to add to the winner
// $loser_points => the number of points to remove from the loser
// $points_winner => the current number of points for the winner
// $points_loser => the current number of points for the loser

Well it can go either way since I check for double reports anyhow.

I guess whatever is best for the ladder. Most people don't play on ladder settings unless they want to play a ladder game so it may be best to allow both games that have only one player reporting and those that have two players reporting.

that's a good start, but i don't find it to be sufficient. i knew QM was working and told you, Gob, about it - as a result of the fact that sometimes i could get a random match in QM just for fun even tho the WOL Ladders were dead

I may want to play such matches in the future, and since I never accepted your Ladder Rules, then the responsiblity should not be on *my* shoulders to contact fed2k every time a game is recorded against my will.

the fair solution is: *both* players *must* have the program running (and hence have consented to have the game recorded), otherwise the game should not be recorded.