The "e-bomb" may be used in Iraq

meet the future of weapons technology:

THE E-BOMB

tb_lead.jpg

An awesome new weapon the US has developed called the e-bomb will proabably be used in Iraq. They are like a failed nuclear explosion but annihilate all electronic equipment. A non-lethal device that renders electronic equpiment useless. so much for the propaganda of all the little Iraqi children that will die from US artillery. Once the US e-bombs Iraq, any attempt at scud launch will fail and they will be virtually rendered impotent. at that point, the only thing that will work will be mechanical guns.

yahoo story

ebomb info: http://superconductors.org/emp-bomb.htm

EMP Bombs are nothing new, in the Popular Science issue last fall they showed that any terrorist can make one for 400$ and send us back to the middle ages technology-wise.

i think what you meant to say was the concept was nothing new. and the kind that a terrorist can make would do minimal damage. that article was over-zealous. you have to have a powerful air-burst detonation.

for 400 bucks you MIGHT knock out the microwave in the kitchen. LOL.

I'm talking about a whole city with one blast. that is the true threat that no terrorist can just whip together, and is at the hight of US top secret weaponry.

"The theory behind the E-bomb was proposed in 1925 by physicist Arthur H. Compton--not to build weapons, but to study atoms. Compton demonstrated that firing a stream of highly energetic photons into atoms that have a low atomic number causes them to eject a stream of electrons. Physics students know this phenomenon as the Compton Effect. It became a key tool in unlocking the secrets of the atom. "

No, those bombs were made even last year, and terrorists can get the components to make one with 400 bucks, no lie, I will try to find the article tonight. Also, EMP bombs are no where near the height of weapon technology, and seeing as we hear about it now, it's probably old news to the upper levels of security. The government has a lot of weapon technology that the citizens of USA have no idea about. And years later when they've exhausted it with counter-measures and tactics to use it, they make it public.

EMP Bombs are nothing new, in the Popular Science issue last fall they showed that any terrorist can make one for 400$ and send us back to the middle ages technology-wise.

yeah man i mean even 4 yr-old PC games have EMP grenades as weapons. it's nothing new and the USA did not invent it LOL

yeah man i mean even 4 yr-old PC games have EMP grenades as weapons. it's nothing new and the USA did not invent it LOL

LOL? You think its funny when you say things that are wrong? LOL. I think thats funny too.

The EMP bomb was first conceived of by Arthur Holly Compton.

He was born at Wooster, Ohio, on September 10th, 1892, the son of Elias Compton, Professor of Philosophy and Dean of the College of Wooster. U S A

Early Beginnings of the EMP bomb.

It all began in 1925 with the atomic research of physicist Arthur H. Compton who demonstrated that firing a stream of highly energetic photons into atoms that have a low atomic number causes them to eject a stream of electrons. Physics students know this phenomenon as the Compton Effect. It became a key tool in unlocking the secrets of the atom, to the development of the e-bomb.

SO they even named the effect after compton who was born where ? The USA!

Making the EMP Bomb invented where????

THE U S A

8) LOL

So the EMP-Bomb is kinda like a really big Pinch like they used in Oceans-11. When they knocked out all the power n stuff... lol dude covered his nuts before he set it off, hehehe. sorry forgot my meds again...

Good idea. I don't think EMPing a whole city would be such a good idea, but just use these to knock out defenses, clearing the path for methods that would otherwise be more risky. A missle EMP bomb accident would be much more preferable to a smart bomb accident, I'm sure we can remember some of those.

EMP weapons aren't very safe. It's like big lightning, it might cause heart failure or paralyze neural system. It would turn off radars, yes, but it won't do anything to Iraqi guns, so it wouldn't prevent them from fight. It would bring a bloody man to man fight.

thats advantage of older weapons

What do you mean old weapons? New weapons (some of them) won't be effective either;

Machine guns

Grenades

RPGs etc...

And if you look on emps link it says that there are ways to stop the pulse so they could save hospitals.

Gatling machine gun wouldn't, but usual mechanically loaded one would work. Also there are much grenades which have no electronic blast device. With those rockets its harder, that's sure...

And I forgot to say that electronics in isolated area would be untouched.

And I forgot to say that electronics in isolated area would be untouched.

Good point.

I guess the iraqi's would isolate as much military equipment as possible and leave the civilian buildings unequipped...

I don't think Saddam is extremely afraid of those emp bombs though, so I don't think he will start a major isolation project. ;D

Iraq is technologically inferior. I'm not sure a EMP bomb will do much...

On the other hand, if used on the high-tech American army, such a bomb would be crippling. And with the added bonus of not actually killing anyone. I like it. It's the perfect weapon for defence against western oppression.