The "e-bomb" may be used in Iraq

What I mean is, we'll only be able to get one side of the story. I doubt that Iraq will be allowed to use US communications :)

*Saddam* "Report to the world that we lost civiliants lives during bombardment !"

*Nameless helper* "Sir, we lost all means of communication !"

*Saddam* "ehhrr... George, buddy, can we use your com links for a little while?"

*Nameless Bush helper* "Sir, Iraq civiliants got killed in a bombardment by our forces"

*Bush* "We killed civiliants ? Ehhrrr... we did render their communication useless right?"

*Nameless helper* "Sir, Yes Sir"

*Bush* " So no worries then. the poor bastards can't communicate !"

What I mean is, we'll only be able to get one side of the story. I doubt that Iraq will be allowed to use US communications :)

*Saddam* "Report to the world that we lost civiliants lives during bombardment !"

*Nameless helper* "Sir, we lost all means of communication !"

*Saddam* "ehhrr... George, buddy, can we use your com links for a little while?"

*Nameless Bush helper* "Sir, Iraq civiliants got killed in a bombardment by our forces"

*Bush* "We killed civiliants ? Ehhrrr... we did render their communication useless right?"

*Nameless helper* "Sir, Yes Sir"

*Bush* " So no worries then. the poor bastards can't communicate !"

Sorry, buddy, but our press would report such caualties, they are not restricted to one view as other country's media are. You have listened to too much of your one-sided media's propoganda.

In fact, I just saw a program "newsnight with Aaron Brown" in which they discussed the media's role in a new war. The Pentagon has released a plan for reporters. Although, issues of national security (troop postitions, numbers, tactics etc...) will be monitored, they will have more freedom than in '91. We will get good information from different angles and viewpoints. The American public would not stand for less. Too bad other countries aren't the same or maybe some of this hate mongering of the U.S. would diminish.

Miles, it's not that other countries are so hate mongering I think. I think one of the issues that other countries have is the way the US government tries to "push things" and the "demanding attitude" towards other countries. Note that I put it between brackets, as I have no other way of describing it.

I believe that almost everyone thinks that something needs to be done about Iraq. The discussion I think is the way things are going right now. It seems that no matter what another country says, the US government will do whatever it likes and disregards any negativity. If they are going to disregard any negativity, why ask for something in the first place then ?

And about my comment about the communication, maybe I should have posted a smiley after the *saddam* & *Bush* thing.

And where I live, we have no one-sided media propoganda. This is exactly what I was talking about above. As soon as someone states something negative, it's been waved away as propoganda. Why ?

And where I live, we have no one-sided media propoganda. This is exactly what I was talking about above. As soon as someone states something negative, it's been waved away as propoganda. Why ?

because nothing is said that is positive.

So all that's being said about the US government should be positive, otherwise it's propoganda ?

So all that's being said about the US government should be positive, otherwise it's propoganda ?

its propoganda until supported with evidence, as far as I'm concerned.

btw: what specific thing are we talking about that is being accused of being propoganda?

btw: what specific thing are we talking about that is being accused of being propoganda?

It doesn't matter what people bring on as evidence, it's always been waved away.

As for the btw part (and talk about proving things):

Sorry, buddy, but our press would report such caualties, they are not restricted to one view as other country's media are. You have listened to too much of your one-sided media's propoganda.

It doesn't matter what people bring on as evidence, it's always been waved away.

was evidence brought on that was waived away? If so, what was it? Just waiving away evidence is not good. Please restate it here and I will not just waive it away without analysis.

was evidence brought on that was waived away? If so, what was it? Just waiving away evidence is not good. Please restate it here and I will not just waive it away without analysis.

LOL, I've already proivded you with evidence (in several cases), which you bluntly waved away. I was hoping you replied the way you did. You've just proven my whole point. Thank you :)

LOL, I've already proivded you with evidence (in several cases), which you bluntly waved away. I was hoping you replied the way you did. You've just proven my whole point. Thank you :)

well for that I apologize. Please do me the curtosey now and either paste a link to the evidence, or restate it so I can discuss it. I am hoping your next post will be the link or restating of the evidence. thank you.