The "e-bomb" may be used in Iraq

On the other hand, if used on the high-tech American army, such a bomb would be crippling. And with the added bonus of not actually killing anyone. I like it. It's the perfect weapon for defence against western oppression.

"Western oppression"? Jeez, get over yourself. Just because YOU live in a backwards little country with a fascist government and slummy living conditions doesn't mean everyone who wants to have a decent life is evil. ::)

"Western oppression"? Jeez, get over yourself. Just because YOU live in a backwards little country with a fascist government and slummy living conditions doesn't mean everyone who wants to have a decent life is evil.

Errr... what? We have similar living conditions to Britain, France, and Italy. I know because I've been there, and actually lived in Britain for 6 months.

On the other hand, have you ever been to Romania? I didn't think so... ::)

You used to think we had a communist government. You saw you were wrong the minute you actually looked into an encyclopedia. Now you think we have a fascist one... well, you know what to do. Pick up a book... yes, a book, you know... those strange thingies with lots of writing in them. ::)

And when is America going to war with the world?

You'll have to ask Bush about that... ;D

"Western oppression"? Jeez, get over yourself. Just because YOU live in a backwards little country with a fascist government and slummy living conditions doesn't mean everyone who wants to have a decent life is evil.

Errr... what? We have similar living conditions to Britain, France, and Italy. I know because I've been there, and actually lived in Britain for 6 months.

On the other hand, have you ever been to Romania? I didn't think so... ::)

You used to think we had a communist government. You saw you were wrong the minute you actually looked into an encyclopedia. Now you think we have a fascist one... well, you know what to do. Pick up a book... yes, a book, you know... those strange thingies with lots of writing in them. ::)

I know you don't have a facsist government; I was using HYPERBOLE to make a point...while we're on the topic of picking up books. ::)

But you still fail to come up with a good reason to explain your irrational hatred of Western Society...we're to free for you or something? ::)

Yep, Romania has a democracy. The Communist government was toppled a while back, probably around the time Edric was 3-6 years old. As for Romania itself, its not very backward at all, no moreso than any nation in Europe or the Americas, sections of the country probably are but that is true with any country. And its capital Bucharest (or Bucuresti, whichever you prefer to call it) is quite the beautiful city and is sometimes called "The Little Paris" by travel agencies, even though it, like most of the nation does carry scars from the overthrown regime.

But you still fail to come up with a good reason to explain your irrational hatred of Western Society...we're to free for you or something?

Actually, you're not free ENOUGH.

And I don't hate western society. I only hate the corrupt western governments and the (IMO) oppressive capitalism... As I've said, you're not free enough.

Actually, you're not free ENOUGH.

And I don't hate western society. I only hate the corrupt western governments and the (IMO) oppressive capitalism... As I've said, you're not free enough.

Right. We all now how free the Communist people are... ::)

You're right, Ordos45 - good info! :)

Just one thing: Bucharest isn't as beautiful as it used to be... not since Ceausescu (dictator until his execution in 1989) made a very Hitler-like attempt to re-model the city according to his own mad plans, and tore down a number of historical monuments while he was at it. Good thing he didn't get very far...

Right. We all now how free the Communist people are...

What communist people? There never were any actual communist countries, only dictators that used the name to hide their crimes.

Marx clearly states that freedom is a very important factor to communism...

Guys, just read The Communist Manifesto. THEN you'll know what we are all about.

I know he did a lot of bad things to Bucharest's beauty, but he did construct that beautiful palace/parliament building. (Which I'm sure the people suffered for.) But yes, I've seen some pictures of buildings that had no damage whatsoever that Ceausescu had torn down because of "damage", and that sort of thing. (Also scorch marks along some buildings beautiful facades, etc.)

As for the Communist Manifesto, I actually did enjoy reading it because it was written by someone who obviously had a good deal of intelligence as well as idealism, which is a rare mixture, even back in Marx's day. Unfortunately Communism as it is on paper is unattainable due to man's inherent corruption and greed and lust for power. There has unfortunately never been a true Communist nation, only Facist nations that use its name.

Oh and about the EMP bomb thing, use it on Baghdad and the major military bases on the first night of bombing, then you can end 90% or so of the fighting in a day.

I'd read Marx' books but my local library doesn't have anything of his work :(

USA, land of the free? Sounds strange, considering that the US tolerates polygamy, child abuse and selling children. Namely, mormonism, the christian version of the Taliban.

"USA, land of the free?"

Yes. You can get Marx's work all over the place here. It is not a forbidden book. A library usually is a physical building made of stone or wood that has limited dimensions allowing for only so many books on its shelves. I live in a small town, and I could not find the Communist Manifesto at my local library, however the next city north- Tacoma- has a larger library and I had no problem finding Marx's works there.

http://www.tpl.lib.wa.us/cgi-win/bbcgi.exe/bbcgi?dd=T=COMMUNIST%20MANIFESTO

The next city north above that is even larger. It is Seattle. The seattle public library system has a very wide range of communist works.

go to their website here http://www.spl.org/ and type "communist party" or whatever else you want.

"Sounds strange, considering that the US tolerates polygamy,"

Polygamy is officially illegal. However, it is practiced in secret quite often. Most notably in the state of Utah.

"child abuse and selling children. "

Child abuse is not tolerated at all. Any child abuse should be reported ASAP.

"Namely, mormonism, the christian version of the Taliban."

there is no such thing as the "christian version of the Taliban." If there was, then it would be legal only unless someone interferred with the rights of others. you can believe anything you want here.

Don't resort to "He started it," just accept it and keep the topic on topic.

Acriku, if Nyar is going to point out that a thread is off-topic, why are you diving into the pile also? It only takes one person. Tag-team spam only makes it worse. What nyar did was legitimate. What you did is spam. I look up and I see 3 of the last 4 posts are "keep on topic". All you need is one. So here is my tip for YOU acriku: If nyar says "keep this on topic" thats all that is needed. We don't need a bandwagon of posts repeating the same thing because it only plunges the thread further into the quagmire.