C & C Generals

Gobalopper

Yes, but who buys games for the single player campaigns?

People, who respect good complex storyline with twists and conflicts, over Captain 6-Pack with Double Super-Duper-Uber Uzis who fights to free the Planet of Sexy Babes from the green mind-controlling alien-demon-monsters from Dimension Limbo X.

- Matthew

over Captain 6-Pack with Double Super-Duper-Uber Uzis who fights to free the Planet of Sexy Babes from the green mind-controlling alien-demon-monsters from Dimension Limbo X.

- Matthew

What the frell does that have to do with Generals?

yup, i buy most games for singleplayer, considering that i have a MODEM!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Well I play Generals, Emperor Battle for Dune, Wulfram 2, and sometimes even The Moon Project online, and guess what? I'm a 56ker. ;D ::) So long as you can find a way to deal with the discrimination, it's OK.

In my humblest of opinions: This game is pure propaganda.

Anyway... It was fun to play, though the difficulty is ridiculous (i completed all three campaigns on hard, and im a lousy strategist.)

And yes we banned the game because of "warmongering nature" and "tasteless depiction of war" :-

If you're talking about how people in Generals are insulting 56kers, they simply kick people from their room without a single word when they see the yellow ping. No comment, nothing. Very rude.

That is just so stupid, yellow pings don't lagg it up that much. People who cisconnect really get on my nerves though. >:(

oh, it's not the strategy games that are the problem, Starcraft, Warcraft 2/3, Tiberian Sun, it all works good enough on 56K6.

No i'm talking about first person shooters, a la Renegade, counterstrike and stuff. It realy sucks that i have such a high latency in Renegade, not to forget that my download/upload speed is not good enough for games with more than 20 players or something, i realy need to get ADSL soon.

I was looking in my buddy list of generals today and i saw that bryorama was online, but playing in the battlefield 1942 lobby.

That was really weird :O

It seems that you can also see in the generals communicator when your buddy is playing any other gamespy game.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Mod teams have tried boats, and here's the jist of it: Bug boats cause the game to crawl. The added wter effects, the sheer size of naval units, and all of the new logic needed (esp. for subs) makes it impractical. Although a PT boat or something simple would be nice.