Most Un-Stoppable Late Game Army Possible?

Navaros

I have found that my late game Wall in Emp pretty-much unstoppable. Nothing can break through it. I want to see if anyone can figure out what this is, and/or if anyone has a more unstoppable mix of units.

The scenario is: it's very late game, you have built as many buildings as you want and the enemy has not touched your economy at all. You know he has a ton of units just as you do. Neither of you has attacked each other or even scouted each other. You have been able to build as many units as you want, of whatever you like.

Presuming this is the case, what units do you have that you think will be totally unstoppable? It can be as many different types of units as you like. But the challenge is: explain how you think your army of units will be impossible to counter by anything the enemy might throw at you. The more details your explanation has - the better.

Massed Minos, Fedaykin and Airdrones. Lots of airdrones take care of anything in the skies. Minos can destroy almost any unit on the ground easily with the exception of a few heavy armored units and the Inkvine which outranges them. For those kind of units (Inkvine, Devastator, etc.) fedaykin can be used.

not bad, but i'd argue that the very best Hark player would own you on the ground with that army because he'd box his Inkvines in. he won't *let* you touch them with Feds. believe me, i've had this done to me and i *know* how to micro. it is quite possible to make Inkvine un-touchable by Feds

furthermore, excellent Hark players would probably run down most of your Feds, then own your Minos

Massed Minos, Fedaykin and Airdrones. Lots of airdrones take care of anything in the skies. Minos can destroy almost any unit on the ground easily with the exception of a few heavy armored units and the Inkvine which outranges them. For those kind of units (Inkvine, Devastator, etc.) fedaykin can be used.

i'd have to agree. considering that the enemy wouldn't know you had the fedaykin. it's almost impossible for ordos to deal with that. if you manage your units right and have a nice mix of kobras and laser tanks with a few fremen snipers you could probably take it down but if you A) don't have snipers, or B) don't manage your units correctly; it's almost unstoppable. i'm sure emprworm has some idea though. he's gotten almost every strategy/bo/anything in emperor.

how did i spam your thread and how did i advertise? i said that emprworm would probably give his idea. i didn't say anything that would be considered advertising. under the advice from ace i'm trying to put up with you. please don't start anything.

and the reason i said ordos is b/c i am usually ordos in case any was wondering.

not bad, but i'd argue that the very best Hark player would own you on the ground with that army because he'd box his Inkvines in. he won't *let* you touch them with Feds. believe me, i've had this done to me and i *know* how to micro. it is quite possible to make Inkvine un-touchable by Feds

furthermore, excellent Hark players would probably run down most of your Feds, then own your Minos

Well, all those feds can call worms and destroy those inkvines even if they are well defended. That is if you manage to cover the feds well.

if he didn't have any units on the sand then you could just siege him and take out the harvesters while still building up your force. eventually he'd run out of cash and you'd have more money. it'd be a bad move NOT to have things on the sand. like i said, just have a few flame tanks or a bunch of snipers out there to guard against worms. so using feds like that wouldn't be the most effective way, or at least i don't see it as the most effective way. but then my perspective is almost always from ordos in one way or another. if you keep the feds on guard while you move your minos slowly up then you coudl take out any kobras or infantry with the minos and use the feds on laser tanks or some other things.

I haven't played for a long while, wel, i think you need about 7 worms, 8 carryalls + 8 devastators, 30 gunships, 8 missile tanks, 4 inkvines, 20 fremen warriors, yes it is very difficult to crack the combination of airdrones + fedaykins + minotaurs + warriors and all the other crap he has.

It takes ALOT of micromanaging to manage all these units in the time the worms appear.

Well, all those feds can call worms and destroy those inkvines even if they are well defended. That is if you manage to cover the feds well.

this is entirely dependent on the map. worms are a great solution *if* there is space to call/control them. however, on many maps there is *not* space to call/control them based on how narrow all the rock formations make the corridors on particular maps and also how the enemy sets up his units in a tight formation which blocks off all the choke points that Feds are likely to try to run through.

if u were up against ordos i would through in some kindjal too ;D

and if he had fremen u may want to get some fremen snipers out there to protect your feds :O

Devastators for any unit that comes in close as well as missle tanks for minos/kobras or other big units. Lots of inkvines & Buzz supported with fedaykin and sard elites. Nothing can beat with adps also. that is more effective of a wall then minos/drones and feds.

Devastators for any unit that comes in close as well as missle tanks for minos/kobras or other big units. Lots of inkvines & Buzz supported with fedaykin and sard elites. Nothing can beat with adps also. that is more effective of a wall then minos/drones and feds.

i thought an mino horde with every unit you can expect from a atreides camper :-