Emperor lockups caused by C&C Renegade

Procyon

I tried it and Emperor still locking up.

It can be a problem between my HDs?? 1 HD of 9 Gb and 2 of 20 Gb (these two are one of 40 Gb fractioned)

Here is my EAsy text[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

I have Norton antivirus 2002 and Norton utilities installed. But I uninstalled both( today and long time ago, after reading "Emperor and Norton" thread), and played Emperor, but it still locking up.

I think it is a Windows problem. I know you formatted the C: drive once already. It has to be some software you have installed or a corrupt file again. If it's a corrupt file again I would start to suspect your hard drive. Need to think hard about this oneProcyon. I would not want to send you down blind alleys, but may have to.

I have 3 HD and I reformated C:, so maybe the corrupt file would be in another HD?

Have you installed any software on the other (Other than C) drives? If so that could be a problem. If you only use the other drives for data (ie. mp3 files, jpegs, word docs, etc...) then I would not worry about formatting them. If you installed applications on the other drives then you may need to format those drives as well as your C drive again. Actually to be really sure it would be best to format all of your drives.

• 3 weeks later...

If done correctly I would say yes it will work. The problem is making sure that you completly wipe out what's on the disks. When you install Windows 98 it is going to ask you to reformat, but even if you say yes to reformat it will not do it if a partition is already formatted. You should manually format the disks and then install Windows 98. I would suggest deleting the disk partitions and then format the drives. That way there is no way that any old files will be on the disks. I would be cautious of what you install after installing Windows 98. I would install the games first to make sure they work. After testing the games for an hour or so, gradually reinstall other software and make sure you test your games after each piece of software you install. Good luck!