Emperor lockups caused by C&C Renegade

Procyon

I mean you can update the drivers for your monitor.

Try buying a can of compressed air, from your local electronics shop,

The Temp of your AUX is way too high, I think that's your problem found !

If you can't get compressed air, then power off your pc, unscrew the fan from your cpu and clean it with a soft paintbrush, ok.Don't forget to clean your heatsink on the cpu too,it's the thing with fins on it, usually silver or brown color.

Also check out the power supply fan to see if this is also full of dust ???

The Aux Temperature seems to be your CPU Temperature.

CPU means Central Processing unit, the brain if you like of your Computer.

Depending on your climate in Chile,if it's really hot where you live this will effect how hot your computer runs.

I already told you how to clean the dust off your fan.

Dust will cause any electronic part to overheat with time.

The fan is designed to take the heat away from your CPU, so if the airflow is restricted by dust, then it can't do it's job very well.

Do you understand that ?

Maybe you should visit your local Library and read some books about Computers.

A very good book is a series of books from an author called Andy Rathbone, the book series is called computers for dummies etc.

One of my favourite books from him is : Upgrading and fixing PCs for dummies, The book number is:ISBN 0-7645-0719-2. It costs 19 us dollars.

Check out Amazon.com there you can order it online.

This book should answer alot of your questions.

Hope this has helped you ?

• 2 weeks later...

you have a socket 370 motherboard if I am correct. . . think from my head the max amount of CPU you can get for that is about 1.2 gig. That is about the double amount of your current CPU. Although for newer applications it isn't that much [ I don't wan'na say it's not enough as it will depend on the application you would like to run . . ]

So you will indead have to buy he combination you mentioned [ motherboard / processor ]. And as far for the will it fork good part.. . .depending on what you are refering to with new things, loading time will be inprooved. Although depending on the specific types of mobo/CPU you are going to buy. . compatebilety I don't know. . .

Nope, that book is in English , and I can`t find it here.

But I bought a similar book in Argentina, but it doesn`t explain very well. It explain why a CPU overheat, but not how to fix it. Is called "Your own technical support at home" or something like that, in spanish, and written by an argentinian guy of a pc magazine.

Obviusly I will change my MoBo to a compatible with a 2,5+ Ghz Processor.

Here are a lot of the books shops but nobody sell computer books.In my city is also hard to find Hardware and software/games, so I must travel to bigger cities.

I live in a region surrounded by lakes, where the green prairies with cows and the native forests with giants and old trees are plentiful, and where it rains most of the year. In a country in the south of the world that is among the vast Pacific Ocean and the high Andes mountain range. With those things you think is easy to find computer stuff here? ;)

Here are a lot of the books shops but nobody sell computer books.In my city is also hard to find Hardware and software/games, so I must travel to bigger cities.

I live in a region surrounded by lakes, where the green prairies with cows and the native forests with giants and old trees are plentiful, and where it rains most of the year. In a country in the south of the world that is among the vast Pacific Ocean and the high Andes mountain range. With those things you think is easy to find computer stuff here? ;)

That means you could live in a place to start big business 53.gif

• 2 weeks later...

My WC3 work excelent now, but E:B4D still locking up. Is suppossed that WC3 use more hardware resources like Ram, processor, etc. than Emperor. ???So, why Emp lockups, if it demands less resources?

Yes my comp freezes. In campaign I can only play the first maps before the guild heighliners misson. In skirmish I don`t have time to deploy the MCV!! After it freezes, the music still playing and I must reset my PC.

I know that I must upgrade my Pc before play Generals.

I haven`t done or installed something in the last time.

That Tº could be caused by the ADSL modem, that is hot and is near the PC tower?[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

• 2 weeks later...

- I have uninstalled and reinstalled Emp a lot of times.

-I have reformated my HD 2 times

- I have cleaned my fans with compressed air

- I have installed tha latest and older versions of DirectX and Geforce2 drivers.

and after all this Emp still freezes.