Emperor lockups caused by C&C Renegade

Procyon

What more can I try to fix my problem????

If is an incompatibily betwwen the Graphics card and the motherboard, how can I fix it???

Your problem seems to be a unique one, which I do not have a answer for currently. I can't remember if it's just with EBFD and Renegade, or if it happens with more games. If it happens with more games, I'm sure there's something wrong on your pc. If it's just EBFD and Renegade, I'm puzzeld..

Ohhh... I`m so luckly, I`m the first one who have this problem. :P

I installed the Nvidia driver 45.23, and played the game. It still lockups, but now the music continue playing after the graphics lockups.

Did you get a USB to PS2 converter with your mouse ? If so you could use that to use your mouse without the drivers.

right-click on your desktop. Select properties - settings - advanced. your refresh rate will be located there. And 2 clicks prior you will have the options for your resolution and color depth.

I bought recently an optical mouse with an USB port. If I uninstall this how will the mice work???

The mouse should work even without the drivers. Only thing is that only 2 buttons will work (if you have more then 2 that is). It's just to see if that's causing your games to lock up.

How abouit the scroll mouse?? I had a wireless mouse that worked also without the drivers.

How can these changes in the resolution help me???

I can`t try this until Friday, cuz I have a crapload of study.

I had this problem too, I think it's your system bios,I found out that my old Bios didn't support fast write or AGP faster than agp 1, after I flashed my Bios,the game played normally.

Try downloading this diagnosis program it tells you all about your pc and everything that's on it, including Bios date and it even tells you if you have enough Ram etc.It can also identify your motherboard.

http://www.aida32.hu/download

The web site is in Hungary but it is in the English language.

This program really helped me with all my pc problems !

:)

I don`t know how to flash the BIOS.

My motherboard is "Giga-Byte Technology CO., LTD i44OBX-8671"

and my processor is "GenuineIntel Family 6 Model 8 667 MHz Stepping 3" = Pentium 3

I hope that will help, and tell me what more do you want to know.

This might sound weird but here goes,have you tried updating the drivers for your monitor ?

If you don't know how to flash your BIOS and don't have the correct tool and file, LEAVE IT ALONE !

If you make a mistake doing that , your pc might never work again.

You must find someone local to help you !

It could be a heat problem causing your lockups, have you checked the fan on your PCU is it full of dust ?

If you play EMP for a few minutes, then close the game and start the AIDA32 tool I told you about, click on Computer/Sensor and check your CPU Temperature !

It should be between 40 and 55 C, although 55 C is rather high.

Another thing you can try is to take out your Graphics card(Power off and take the power connecting cable out of it's socket) then re-seat the card again.

Do you have an onboard Graphics adapter, if so is it disabled in the BIOS ?

You can check this out by:

Controlpanel/System/device manager then see if any question marks are shown against any devices in your system.

Let me know if this helps you OK.

Updates of the monitor?? you mean the Graphics card driver?? I have the NEC MultiSync 70 monitor.

Yes, the Fan have a lot of dust. How can I clean it without damaging something? I can`t use AIDA32 after I closed Emp, because it always lockups, and don`t let me get out the game, so I must Reset. Now the T