Emperor lockups caused by C&C Renegade

Procyon

It don`t crashes, it lock ups, incluse with the lowest details and the shadows off. How lower can be the resolution?

I have 800x600 in my comp and most of the games, incluided Emperor. I played Emperor with the highest details before I installed Renegade, and it never locked ups.

A question: In the graphics options, there is an option where you can choose 16 bits or 32 bits, and I have a 3D card of 32 mb. If I have a 3d card of 64mb, there will be an option to choose betwen 16 bits, 32 bits and 64 bits?

Which program can help me imoproving the 3D graphics?

I have used "3Deep" (I don`t know if you know that program), but it didn`t helped.

Why that happen to me? A lot of people has C&C Renegade and Emperor installed at the same time, and they don`t have my problem.

Procyon,

Did you ever format your Windows partition and reinstall Windows? That will eliminate the shared dll possibility. Another thing, just because you have no problems in Warcraft III does not mean there is not a configuration problem with your PC. I believe Warcraft III uses OpenGL for it's 3D rendering and Emperor uses Direct X. I have looked at your Easy Report and see nothing out of the ordinary. I really think that the formatting of your Windows Partition is the most direct way of solving your problem. If that does not solve the problem I am guessong you have some intermittent hardware problem.

Instead of deleting the entire HD or the Windows folder, can I delete that file or the folder where is that file? I`m searching Win 98 SE to install in my comp, so I`m not going to format my HD yet.

Instead of deleting the entire HD or the Windows folder, can I delete that file or the folder where is that file? I`m searching Win 98 SE to install in my comp, so I`m not going to format my HD yet.

That's the thing, there's no way we can determine which file or folder it is. I'd wish I'd be smart enough to be able to figure that out...

No, the option will still be 16 or 32bits.

I run EBFD and Renegade, but using Win ME...

Don't know if its been asked or tried yet, but have you tried the compatibility mode ?

What compatibility mode??? ???

But, if that doesn`t work??

If that does not solve the problem I am guessing you have some intermittent hardware problem.

From my format your hardrive post. ;)

I really think the formatting of your windows partition will solve your problem, but there are darker paths to take. Have you heard of flashing your BIOS or updating your chipset drivers? These are far more dangerous, but might be suggested if the formatting does not work.

After deleting Windows, My PC will recognoise or know my CD drive or my other HDs ??

Procyon, before you do anything, make sure you have someone next to you who knows how to format and re-install windows. Not that I don't want to give you any pointers, but once the format has been done, you're on your own untill Windows is re-installed !

And yes, your PC will recognize your harddrives. For your cd-rom, you will need a boot floppy, which allows you to boot with cdrom support (like a win98 boot floppy).

Again, before you do anything, get someone experienced in house to help you out !

And my PC will recognoise my "Geforce 2" 3d card and my modem?

My dad knows somebody, but probably in the next 1 or 2 months my dad will call him.

Anyone got another solutions??? PLease help!!!

What more can I do before I format my HD???

Please, I need answers. What more can I do?

Could you run down the list of things you tried so far so we have a nice little summary. This is useful as a sanity check to make sure we have not missed anything prior to doing the format. Plus I get tired of having to read through three pages to make sure I have not missed anything. :)

- I send my DxDiag and my EAsyEA.txt and they are OK.

- I closed all the programs but Explorer and Systray.

- I installed the latest patch, drivers and directX.

- Obviusly I uninstalled Renegade

- I putted down the shadows and put to the lowest graphics options.

- I also runned the test of the 3DMark

After I have done all that, Emperor still locking up.

Thanks for the update procyon, it really helps. There may be some BIOS settings adjustments and we could look into updating your chipset drivers. I will look into it in more detail when I get home later today and I will post something tonight.